Art of Vape - Retailer Reviews

Not my experience in the case of The Vape Industry, if I may say so. Check my review on them. But the point is, experiences differ from person to person.

Exactly why we have the review forums - so we can learn from others' experiences and avoid the same pitfalls. It also gives the vendor concerned the opportunity to learn and correct.
Exactly my point clearly the vendor... Which is not an ecigsa vendor might I add... has learnt apologised and corrected the problem. So hence give them the benefit of the doubt and go "test" their services if you will.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Yeah man the people are going to queue for decanted, poorly bottled ejuice ;)

Sent from the abyss
You make it sound like that's the only product on the shelves...

I see alot more
819bfcf2ea28078df0b18fc459ead55c.jpg

I see alot more

You are more than welcome to go buy from them.
You can also try some of the other stuff.
I will steer clear.

I see alot more

You see the problem here is, if they can decant so poorly how can you trust anything else they do or provide.

This is not clothes or furniture, we actually consume these products so one mistake or short cut and sorry the company is dead to me because there is no guarantee if they conduct business the short cut way.

I hold this industry to the food industry standards and i wont take any chances with my health. Now people will fight me saying but the juice was original and so forth and I’m not disputing that but did the person decanting use gloves in a sterile room or a bathroom/toilet‍♂️...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
You see the problem here is, if they can decant so poorly how can you trust anything else they do or provide.

This is not clothes or furniture, we actually consume these products so one mistake or short cut and sorry the company is dead to me because there is no guarantee if they conduct business the short cut way.

I hold this industry to the food industry standards and i wont take any chances with my health. Now people will fight me saying but the juice was original and so forth and I’m not disputing that but did the person decanting use gloves in a sterile room or a bathroom/toilet‍♂️...

What exactly is food industry standards? Have you never seen or heard of horror stories in restaurant kitchens? Or do you only eat where you can see every second of your food's preparation?

What exactly is food industry standards? Have you never seen or heard of horror stories in restaurant kitchens? Or do you only eat where you can see every second of your food's preparation?

Im not looking for a fight, i do deal with restaurants regularly and i do see horrors and on the other hand i see well maintained kitchens who following the rules and regulations so i do have experience with this field,

Ill ask you one question, would you be more comfortable buying and consuming juice from this vendor or @Oupa at Vapour Mountain.... food for thought(pun intended)

At the end of the day has the vendor done anything to put our minds at ease except apologies. A simple thing like look we have these rules we follow when decanting or hey we do have a clean environment that we decant in,
Then maybe say look we are busy printing proper labels and will bottle/label items correctly in the future.

Last edited:
I understand. My comment is not directed at any one person.

When I say "Go to the store" I mean for the rest of the people throwing shade on this thread. If you are able go to the store if not do an online order... either way test the store before posting on review. Especially if that is a negative review.

Everyone deserves a fair review and something can not be reviewed without trying it first.

I see about 10 to 15 people posting here... has everyone had a bad experience ?

@Nabeel Osman You said, "I see about 10 to 15 people posting here... has everyone had a bad experience ?" and you've made an excellent point!! Unfortunately some people, who have nothing whatsoever to do with the issue at hand, post comments. This happens time and time again.

@Nabeel Osman You said, "I see about 10 to 15 people posting here... has everyone had a bad experience ?" and you've made an excellent point!! Unfortunately some people, who have nothing whatsoever to do with the issue at hand, post comments. This happens time and time again.
This is a public forum with members commenting on issues you wanted the public to be aware of. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong here.

This is a public forum with members commenting on issues you wanted the public to be aware of. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong here.

Was just about to post the same thing.

Comments from other people e.g. @Nabeel Osman who have had dealings with the vendor, or who have had similar experiences, are relevant. Other rants and raves e.g. about other issues with other vendors, are not.

Comments from other people e.g. @Nabeel Osman who have had dealings with the vendor, or who have had similar experiences, are relevant. Other rants and raves e.g. about other issues with other vendors, are not.
happy with that :)

Hi guys,

I have been going to Art of Vape for close onto a year and a half.

I can understand why people are upset about the above mentioned. I am still a relatively new vaper compared to many of you present on this thread and I speak with respect for you all and only have the best of intentions at hand.

I have been to many vape stores in the province of Gauteng as well as a few in Cape Town and as a result I have a relatively good eye for what is expected of a good vape store.

My journey with AOV began when no other store stocked a certain juice and my searching lead me to AOV. Upon arriving at the store I was greeted and welcomed warmly. I have not looked back ever since then.

Talhaa stocks many great local and international juices including many that are not on offer anywhere else.

The store is always neat and clean. The staff are beyond helpful and kind. One sometimes feels the need to return to the store just for the great friendships that are made there.

As I have said previously, I completely understand why many are upset and I am not defending anyone. All I am aiming to do is provide some perspective.Talhaa began selling vape related items long before vaping became such a massive industry and he sympathises with his customers knowing that not everyone can afford to drop R300+ on a international juice. Maybe the method was not correct but there is kindness behind this thought. On the odd occasion that I have had a problem AOV has helped me and sorted it out without a fuss.

Apart from the decanting issues. Talhaa and his crew are a bunch of great people who are running a brilliant store that once started from nothing at all. Just a young man and a passion. In a country that is floundering economically young and upcoming entrepreneurs that mean well should not be degraded and shot down in such a way. I understand the precautions and the safety reasons behind all the anger. I do not dispute that a complaint was posted just the manner in which many responded was a bit over the top.

Young entrepreneurs like Talhaa should be boosted and advised. It is people like Talhaa and many other entrepreneurs who are helping build this brighter future we all hope for; one brick at a time.

As I have said before this is not a defence of the practices and yes there is a better way of doing certain things. I just hoped to provide a greater view of AOV. I assure you there is nothing shady about this business in any shape, manner or form.

I wish you all well.

Peace, love and light to you all.

Last edited:
Hi guys,

I can understand why people are upset about the above mentioned. I am still a relatively new vaper compared to many of you present on this thread and I speak with respect for you all and only have the best of intentions at hand.

I have been to many vape stores in the province of Gauteng as well as a few in Cape Town and as a result I have a relatively good eye for what is expected of a good vape store.

My journey with AOV began when no other store stocked a certain juice and my searching lead me to AOV. Upon arriving at the store I was greeted and welcomed warmly. I have not looked back ever since then.

Talhaa stocks many great local and international juices including many that are not on offer anywhere else.

The store is always neat and clean. The staff are beyond helpful and kind. One sometimes feels the need to return to the store just for the great friendships that are made there.

As I have said previously, I completely understand why many are upset and I am not defending anyone. All I am aiming to do is provide some perspective.Talhaa began selling vape related items long before vaping became such a massive industry and he sympathises with his customers knowing that not everyone can afford to drop R300+ on a international juice. Maybe the method was not correct but there is kindness behind this thought. On the odd occasion that I have had a problem AOV has helped me and sorted it out without a fuss.

Apart from the decanting issues. Talhaa and his crew are a bunch of great people who are running a brilliant store that once started from nothing at all. Just a young man and a passion. In a country that is floundering economically young and upcoming entrepreneurs that mean well should not be degraded and shot down in such a way. I understand the precautions and the safety reasons behind all the anger. I do not dispute that a complaint was posted just the manner in which many responded was a bit over the top.

Young entrepreneurs like Talhaa should be boosted and advised. It is people like Talhaa and many other entrepreneurs who are helping build this brighter future we all hope for; one brick at a time.

As I have said before this is not a defence of the practices and yes there is a better way of doing certain things. I just hoped to provide a greater view of AOV. I assure you there is nothing shady about this business in any shape, manner or form.

I wish you all well.

Thank you for your well-written, objective post @Mu'ammar Theba and as I said in my review, I'm in favour of decanting in order to make juice affordable. It was the lack of information on the website itself which was my main issue. I also agree that Talha stocks juice which I have not seen elsewhere and that appeals to me.

Exactly my point clearly the vendor... Which is not an ecigsa vendor might I add... has learnt apologised and corrected the problem. So hence give them the benefit of the doubt and go "test" their services if you will.

@Nabeel Osman Just by the way, I don't think that being a registered vendor on ecigssa or not has any relevance. Any vape business can and is reviewed on the forum, for the sake of informing other vapers.

Im
Hi guys,

I wish you all well.

With all the stuff I have seen on this thread regarding AOV. Look Talha is the reason why i quit vaping. He is really helpful when it comes to serving customers. I started up with a starter kit and than moved on to a RTA. This man knows his story well. The decanting thing, look technically its wrong coz of hygiene purposes. I would normally just buy a full bottle once or split with a friend coz if a jam monster is 350 for example why pay 150 for 30ml when you can pay 350 and just buy a unicorn 50ml bottle and split. The customers online should be notified that the bottles are decanted in the description of each juice. Everyone learns from mistakes and i feel that he shouldn't be slammed down here on the forum. I normally buy from Severus Vape and AOV and these are the two good stores that i go to. I was even referred to AOV from @Ahmed Kara the owner of severus if they did not stock the things I was looking for. Talhas store is a wonderful store and every customer is treated well. He has a good range of juice and he has helped many kick the habit. Talha is a young and vibrant person. He should be given another chance and this should all be put in the past. Peace & Love Gents. Dont hate the guy for decanting. Hes based in a Indian area so technically every Indian looks for cheaper way out as the saying goes and many guys are cash strapped hence he started the whole decanting thing. I actually heard what happened here on the forum and joined to voice my say as a happy customer.

This thread has more ups and downs than an African country's economy during elections.

If I may raise my opinion since I never bought from them.

The decanting I don't see a problem with. Us DIY guys always buy decanted bottles and never had a problem with it. The only thing is the way the bottles were presented. A simple printed label would look so much better and be practical. One squeeze from those bottles and the marker would be fading. Ask yourself, would you be happy receiving an international juice like that? But I'm sure a lesson was learnt and something will be done about it.

Will give big props to @Mu'ammar Theba for joining the forum to explain his side. That is a lot more than we can say about other blinging vendors.

This thread has more ups and downs than an African country's economy during elections.

The decanting I don't see a problem with. Us DIY guys always buy decanted bottles and never had a problem with it. The only thing is the way the bottles were presented. A simple printed label would look so much better and be practical. One squeeze from those bottles and the marker would be fading. Ask yourself, would you be happy receiving an international juice like that? But I'm sure a lesson was learnt and something will be done about it.

Will give big props to @Mu'ammar Theba for joining the forum to explain his side. That is a lot more than we can say about other blinging vendors.

@Adephi Agree with everything you said - and the marker started to disappear just from my handling the bottles, so I've put my own labels on (which I always do anyway :)

I hope that this reply is seen as an objective viewpoint. I don't want to get involved in personal or emotional arguments...

I don't agree with the decanting issue for a number of reasons, most of them relating to the manufacturers viewpoint.

1. It's a commercial juice, not a diy juice. It's bought under the pretense that the packaging has not been tampered with.

2.The manufacturer would normally assume responsibility and liability for any issues. But the retailer has had his hands on the goods. So the manufacturer won't accept any liability or responsibility if anything goes wrong. Will the retailer accept it?

3. Manufacturers (legitimate ones) go to great lengths to keep the product safe for consumption. Iso certification is a costly and intensive exercise, with continuous demands on the manufacturer. Does this retailer do the same?

4. Is the manufacturer aware of the decanting procedure, and is it approved by them? I would hazard a guess that they would pull their products if they knew this was happening.

5. The presentation of a handwritten name on a bottle is unprofessional. Again, I would assume the manufacturer would not approve. Branding and packaging are a big part of the cost of developing and releasing a juice line. It's an investment for the manufacturer, and selling juice like this goes against this investment.

In my opinion the retailer should approach the supplier to purchase the product in smaller containers. Any manufacturer wanting to make the sale would accommodate a request like this and all of the above would be negated.

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Im not looking for a fight, i do deal with restaurants regularly and i do see horrors and on the other hand i see well maintained kitchens who following the rules and regulations so i do have experience with this field,

Ill ask you one question, would you be more comfortable buying and consuming juice from this vendor or @Oupa at Vapour Mountain.... food for thought(pun intended)

At the end of the day has the vendor done anything to put our minds at ease except apologies. A simple thing like look we have these rules we follow when decanting or hey we do have a clean environment that we decant in,
Then maybe say look we are busy printing proper labels and will bottle/label items correctly in the future.

This message is a lot more reasonable than the one I was replying to, and that's all I was hoping for. I don't think it's necessary to point out the differences.

Your suggestions here are constructive :thumbsup:

Back