Axis Vapes M17 - Any other ones need repair?

Maxxis

Dedicated Vaper
LV

Awards
So my M17 died on me in a very catastrophic way. (failed 510, battery sleeve came loose, board got roasted due to battery shorting out etc)

I know many other SA owners have had shit luck with there poorly built "HE" mods.

Mine is getting repaired by Axis Vapes and I will be shipping it back to them on Monday

If anybody else has had shit luck with failed 510s, dead boards, loose battery tubes, cracked casings etc please let me know if you would like to piggy back on this and split shipping costs.

Will be in the region of around R350 to get it back to them.

I will also assist with shipping it back to SA again once they have repaired your mod.

In order to have it sorted out please email support@axisvapes.com and get authorisation for this repair. Get your mod to me and we can get the return process going.

Mods will be shipped via DHL to the USA with ETA on delivery taking place around the 2nd or 3rd of Feb.

I doubt they will fix my M17 Hybrid... I got so annoyed when mine started falling apart I poured superglue into it to keep it together!

That isn't cool at all.

On mine the battery tube came loose and dead shorted the battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are absolutely the worst constructed mods

High end looks. Low quality everything else.

For that price I feel you have the right to demand they sort it out for you, regardless of the super glue!

I got a reply from them asking for the Invoice and I told them I swapped two Asmodus mods for it... let's see what they come back with?

I got a reply from them asking for the Invoice and I told them I swapped two Asmodus mods for it... let's see what they come back with?
I think I remember the origins of this mod...

Don't suppose the vendor invoiced it out of his stock, maybe he adjusted it... But he would have an invoice from getting it from the manufacturers?

I think I remember the origins of this mod...

Don't suppose the vendor invoiced it out of his stock, maybe he adjusted it... But he would have an invoice from getting it from the manufacturers?

Good point... will drop the vendor an email! :)

My first email to Axis.

My M17 started falling apart and tied to fix it but the internal acrylic or resin has disintegrated and even superglue couldn’t fix it. I would like to send it back to you for a replacement please. The 510 is secure now because of the superglue but the faceplate protrudes and I figure at the price point I should send it in for a replacement.

Please advise?

Their reply
Hi Rob,

Do you have your order # or proof of purchase?

Thank you,

My next reply
I don’t have a proof of purchase… I swapped 2 Asmodus mods for the M17… the M17 comes from a local Vape Shop here in South Africa.

And thier reply
Since you didn’t purchase your mod directly from the factory, warranty does not cover any issues with you mod. However, we do offer a repair service for a flat rate of $55 plus shipping. If you purchase this service we will repair your mod, re-polish and check that everything is functioning properly. Let me know if you would like to proceed or if you have any questions.

My final reply
No thanks… while I know it’s not your fault I can tell you that Axis products sales in South Africa are about to grind to a halt… selling a substandard product and then not standing by some kind of guarantee when the problem is clearly a badly made product is not going to win Axis any friends.

I would mention the fact that I admin the biggest vape forum in South Africa as well as the High-End Club of SA and I will certainly be publishing our discussion.

Ouch - thats not good for Axis

@Rob Fisher , i am trying to understand, if you had bought it from a local vendor and had proof of purchase (instead of the swap you did) do you think they would have given you the same story?

Nope. You would have gotten a story about it being out of warranty.

I got this from them after flaming them to over 4000 followers on instagram.

Sir, We have been in contact with you and offered to repair the issue you were having. This mod is out of warranty (if you purchased the extended warranty there would be no issue with us covering the shipping fees) so we will not pay for your shipping fees. However, If you send the mod back to us we will repair the mod, it usually takes a day or two to schedule in the repair once we get the mod. It appears that there has been a malfunction with the DNA75 which is not a defect of materials or workmanship of Axis Vapes, however, we are still willing to work with you to get this resolved. Our #1 aim is customer satisfaction, we want all of our customers to be happy with their purchase, but we still have to follow our warranty protocol.

The fault was their shoddy workmanship. The battery sleeve came loose and caused a short

Good afternoon Rob Fisher and Maxxis.

I am one of the owners at Axis and just got information from Faith (our customer service person) regarding these issues.

I heard about Maxxis, and waived the $55USD fee for repair based on his circumstance (which i was told the board failed, causing the battery to heatup and released the glue on the battery tube). Since it is the board that failed, we waived the fee for the repair and just requested that you pay for shipping. We will also give you a write up of why it failed so that you can request your shipping be reimbursed by the board manufacturer.

I also just heard about Rob's issue as well. We stand by our products and offer a very well built, hand finished mod. We do not know what happened to your mod before you got it, that is why warranties are non transferable. However, I do understand your frustration and we will do our best to repair it if you send it back and cover shipping both ways, I will waive the $55USD fee like I did for Maxxis due to the extenuating circumstances.

I stand by our products and if we are having quality issues i will personally handle it and make sure you are taken care of. However if we gave everyone a new mod after they dropped theirs or otherwise damaged it we would quickly be out of business. Again, i am not saying that YOU did anything to your mod, but you did get it second hand, and no one really know what happened to it before you got it.

Adam. The board didn't fail.

Firstly the 510 became faulty and only started reading certain atomizers.

From there I left the Petri RTA on the mod and didn't worry about it further.

Yesterday I inserted a freshly charged 26650 battery. Brand new. Not straight off charger.

Upon tightening the battery cover at the bottom the whole battery tube pushed up into the mod.

The board was till working just fine. Before even having a chance to take battery out the mod heated up.

We managed to get the battery out before it caused serious harm or damage to both me, my customers or my shop.

It was very close.

Your claim that the board malfunctioned could be right but the tube was loose just before it heated up.

The fault was their shoddy workmanship. The battery sleeve came loose and caused a short

Maxxis:

Please see my post above. The email message I recieved was as follows:

"Hi guys

I have some serious problems with my M17.

Firstly the 510 is faulty giving me no atomizer found errors

Then today the mod shorted out internally causing the 26650 in the mod to get hot enough to melt the wrap. I managed to get battery out in time to prevent a vent.

I would like this issue resolved please.

See attached photo of the whole battery sleeve that came out while removing the battery.

Im unable to take more photos of the mod showing atomiser errors as I can’t risk venting a battery in this."

I read this as "the battery shorted internally and got hot" then the battery tube slipped out. If that is the case then something happened with the control board, heated the battery which in turn made the glue holding the tube in place give way.

I see how that can be interpreted incorrectly. As posted above is exactly as it happened.

I believe the board died in the process of heating up. It's not powering up via USB connected to eScribe.

I believe that the sleeve coming loose caused the failure. The device has seen very little use due to it being so expensive.

I am one of the owners at Axis and just got information from Faith (our customer service person) regarding these issues.

I heard about Maxxis, and waived the $55USD fee for repair based on his circumstance (which i was told the board failed, causing the battery to heatup and released the glue on the battery tube). Since it is the board that failed, we waived the fee for the repair and just requested that you pay for shipping. We will also give you a write up of why it failed so that you can request your shipping be reimbursed by the board manufacturer.

I also just heard about Rob's issue as well. We stand by our products and offer a very well built, hand finished mod. We do not know what happened to your mod before you got it, that is why warranties are non transferable. However, I do understand your frustration and we will do our best to repair it if you send it back and cover shipping both ways, I will waive the $55USD fee like I did for Maxxis due to the extenuating circumstances.

I stand by our products and if we are having quality issues i will personally handle it and make sure you are taken care of. However if we gave everyone a new mod after they dropped theirs or otherwise damaged it we would quickly be out of business. Again, i am not saying that YOU did anything to your mod, but you did get it second hand, and no one really know what happened to it before you got it.

Hi @AxisAdam,

Thanks for the response... I will happily send the mod to you (please ask Faith to email the address)... you will have to really force it open because when I realised the 510 had come loose and the one screw of the front plate (and when I looked inside and saw the acrylic had just crumbled) I used superglue in anger... once I calmed down I just put it away for and was going to chalk it up to a loss. then when @Maxxis brought up the issue and people pestered me I dropped the support line an email...

Adam. The board didn't fail.

Firstly the 510 became faulty and only started reading certain atomizers.

From there I left the Petri RTA on the mod and didn't worry about it further.

Yesterday I inserted a freshly charged 26650 battery. Brand new. Not straight off charger.

Upon tightening the battery cover at the bottom the whole battery tube pushed up into the mod.

The board was till working just fine. Before even having a chance to take battery out the mod heated up.

We managed to get the battery out before it caused serious harm or damage to both me, my customers or my shop.

It was very close.

Your claim that the board malfunctioned could be right but the tube was loose just before it heated up.

Hi Maxis,

I understand now what happened. I do apologize about the 510 issue, we will resolve that as well when we get the mod back. I also apologize about the battery tube problem, that is something that has never happened before which is why I thought it was due to an overheating issue. When we get this back I will personally go over it with a fine tooth comb and make sure that all is well.

I assure you that there is nothing shoddy about our process, people or product. We do the absolute best we can for our customers.

Adam

The 510 issue is one experienced by many M17 users in South Africa.

My mod will be sent back to you via DHL tomorrow. It's around $30 to ship from my side so it's not the end of the world.

I would just like this mod repaired and back to normal.

Hi Rob,

We will get this fixed up for you one way or another. Faith will waive the fee if you can send it back and will provide you with an address.

Thank you!

Adam

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the response... I will happily send the mod to you (please ask Faith to email the address)... you will have to really force it open because when I realised the 510 had come loose and the one screw of the front plate (and when I looked inside and saw the acrylic had just crumbled) I used superglue in anger... once I calmed down I just put it away for and was going to chalk it up to a loss. then when @Maxxis brought up the issue and people pestered me I dropped the support line an email...

@AxisAdam I can certainly understand paying for repairs for abused mods...

I would expect to be charged if I had abused it (or the previous owner had)... but when I got the no warranty because it wasn't bought direct I saw red.

Hi Adam,

I appreciate you taking the time to respond to this matter and giving it your personal attention.

While I appreciate what you are doing with regards to executing the relevant repairs and handling the shipping fees. Would it not be a better decision to get the mods back to yourselves and assesses the issues and potential defects. I do believe that it would be very easy to see and determine if a mod was dropped or damaged due to user error, however I do think it is rather premature to just think a repair is required when there could in fact me a manufacturing defect? I appreciate that you hold a high standard in the quality of your product but when dealing with any form of stabilization or wood in a mod there is always a potential for an unseen stress within the wood or incorrect compression.

Again I appreciate the feedback and response to helping these gentlemen out.

Best Regards,
Takie Tsironis
Vape Court Admin

Back