Calling all DIY'ers

sweet bro, i think it is the Cantaloupe it really does taste and smell like bubblegum if used as the main profile - will pm you a pic of me so if you see me, just say sup - I've said it before I look like a Colombian drug lord, so do not be afraid :), I'm chilled *sharp*

sweet bro, i think it is the Cantaloupe it really does taste and smell like bubblegum if used as the main profile - will pm you a pic of me so if you see me, just say sup - I've said it before I look like a Colombian drug lord, so do not be afraid :), I'm chilled *sharp*
Ill be wearing a #@$/£÷*$&! suit again because coming from work, like last time - I felt like an idiot. So yeah, look for the dumbass vaper in a suit between the most casual and chilled-out folk ever!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

What are some good possible substitutes for TFA strawberry, I'm looking for something that will be close (doesn't have to taste 100% exact)... the only strawberry concentrates I have are TFA strawberry ripe and capella sweet strawberry. Which one is best for substituting or should I combine them both? My recipe needs a 7% TFA strawberry so which one can I use and at what percentage or should I combine to achieve something that's close enough ?

What are some good possible substitutes for TFA strawberry, I'm looking for something that will be close (doesn't have to taste 100% exact)... the only strawberry concentrates I have are TFA strawberry ripe and capella sweet strawberry. Which one is best for substituting or should I combine them both? My recipe needs a 7% TFA strawberry so which one can I use and at what percentage or should I combine to achieve something that's close enough ?
FA Strawberry, very natural tasting - I use it at 6% as the dominant flavour in blends. Not as sweet as TFA / CAP.

Won't be 100% TFA Strawberry, I have mixed TFA Strawberry Ripe and Capella Sweet Strawberry, 50/50 with good results with Fizzmustard's mustard milk recipe.

Won't be 100% TFA Strawberry, I have mixed TFA Strawberry Ripe and Capella Sweet Strawberry, 50/50 with good results with Fizzmustard's mustard milk recipe.
So for my 7% TFA strawberry I could do 3.5% Cap sweet strawberry and 3.5 TFA strawberry ripe?

Not that good in describing flavours, the Strawberry ripe with Sweet Strawberry mixed, come close to TFA strawberry imho.

Dude I have to applaud you for this recipe, it is freaking amazing - it has steeped for 4-5days and it is just freaking amazing. The only thing I didn't add was honeydew. Are you going to be at the meet today? If yes I would like to say hi and thanks personally :)

Ya @Ezekiel this is bloody well done!

Tried some of @NewOobY 's.... Very nice indeed.

I would love some help please. I tried a few recipes but nothing seems to be working.
Please advise on what I can make.
This is what I have
TFA sweet Strawberry
TFA ripe Strawberry
TFA Butterscotch
TFA Vanilla cupcake
TFA Vanilla custard
TFA sweet cream
TFA harvest Berry
TFA cherry Cola
TFA Watermelon
VM Pineapple
VM Mango
Smooth
Kooladah
Menthol

I would love some help please. I tried a few recipes but nothing seems to be working.
This is what I have
TFA sweet Strawberry
TFA ripe Strawberry
TFA Butterscotch
TFA Vanilla cupcake
TFA Vanilla custard
TFA sweet cream
TFA harvest Berry
TFA cherry Cola
TFA Watermelon
VM Pineapple
VM Mango
Smooth
Kooladah
Menthol

hey dude, I'm not a seasoned DIY-er. However I could suggest a really simple one for you:

TFA sweet strawberry 1%
TFA ripe strawberry 6%
TFA sweet cream 3%-5% <-- You can choose anything in that range
TFA Smooth <- 1 drop per 15ml or so
If you want to be adventurous add about 1-2% Vanilla Custard, whichever amount you choose here say 1% reduce the sweet cream percentage by the same amount.
Just remember you will need to steep the above for about 1-2 weeks.

Then another one that can work:
TFA sweet strawberry 1%
TFA ripe strawberry 6%
TFA pineapple 0.5%
TFA Vanilla cupcake 2%
TFA sweet cream 4%

Remember pineapple is a very strong flavor so use it sparingly - even at 0.5% you will still taste it.
The above recipes are to my flavor profile, so not sure if you will like it.

You have made a very good decision to come here and ask, the more seasoned guys will come and give you suggestions I am sure. Don't give up bro, you will find a lekka recipe, enjoy the search man its fun...

hey dude, I'm not a seasoned DIY-er. However I could suggest a really simple one for you:

TFA sweet strawberry 1%
TFA ripe strawberry 6%
TFA sweet cream 3%-5% <-- You can choose anything in that range
If you want to be adventurous add about 1-2% Vanilla Custard, whichever amount you choose here say 1% reduce the sweet cream percentage by the same amount.
Just remember you will need to steep the above for about 1-2 weeks.

Then another one that can work:
TFA sweet strawberry 1%
TFA ripe strawberry 6%
TFA pineapple 0.5%
TFA Vanilla cupcake 2%
TFA sweet cream 4%

Remember pineapple is a very strong flavor so use it sparingly - even at 0.5% you will still taste it.
The above recipes are to my flavor profile, so not sure if you will like it.

You have made a very good decision to come here and ask, the more seasoned guys will come and give you suggestions I am sure. Don't give up bro, you will find a lekka recipe, enjoy the search man its fun...
mmmm sounds lekker
Will definitely give this a bash thanks

This is what I have
TFA sweet Strawberry
TFA ripe Strawberry
TFA Butterscotch
TFA Vanilla cupcake
TFA Vanilla custard
TFA sweet cream
TFA harvest Berry
TFA cherry Cola
TFA Watermelon
VM Pineapple
VM Mango
Smooth
Kooladah
Menthol

Hmm those are quite difficult - they are generally flavours I use with other stuff.

Like Thrashberry if you can buy 2 more items:

TFA Strawberry Ripe 6%
CAP Harvest Berry 6%
FW Booysenberry 3%
TFA Toasted Marshmallow 3%

Its one of my favourite juices.

Then if you can buy TFA White Chocolate:

My adaptation of White Gremlin is pretty stunning

TFA Vanilla Cupcake 8%
TFA Strawberry Ripe 7%
TFA White Chocolate 2%

@Marius Combrink as mr zombie suggested you just need a few more flavor to make some really nice juices, obviously the flavors that zombie suggested are "need to haves" another one you should consider is "TFA: Bavarian Cream", this one will change your life man no jokes.

Just have to say everytime I check out this thread I am amazed and excited - then overwhelmed
Then excited again
Lol

You DIY guys are amazing!

Hmm those are quite difficult - they are generally flavours I use with other stuff.

Like Thrashberry if you can buy 2 more items:

TFA Strawberry Ripe 6%
CAP Harvest Berry 6%
FW Booysenberry 3%
TFA Toasted Marshmallow 3%

Its one of my favourite juices.

Then if you can buy TFA White Chocolate:

My adaptation of White Gremlin is pretty stunning

TFA Vanilla Cupcake 8%
TFA Strawberry Ripe 7%
TFA White Chocolate 2%
awesome. will order some more flavours at month end

awesome. will order some more flavours at month end

IF you are feeling rich, then add FW Yellow Cake :)

I have made the White Gremlin as follows, which is even tastier:

FW Yellow Cake 2%
TFA Cupcake 4%
TFA Strawberry Ripe 7%
TFA White Chocolate 2%

FW Yellow Cake is another one of those stunning flavours out there. But it will work just fine with just TFA Cupcake

Last edited:
@rogue zombie If I can ask what would you say are the must have concentrates?

Hmmm I'd say

CAP Harvest Berry (and every other flavour to make Thrashberry)
TFA Strawberry
TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
FW Yellow Cake
CAP Choc Glazed Donut
TFA Bavarian Cream
FA Fuji Apple
FA Almond
FA Marshmallow
FA Forest Fruit
INW Raspberry (difficult to use though)
INW Cactus

These are ones that I ALWAYS need to have in stock. But of coarse I use them with other stuff to make.

I still havent bought it - but CAP NY Cheesecake is supposedly outstanding too. I'm just not big on Cheesecake.

Hmmm I'd say

CAP Harvest Berry (and every other flavour to make Thrashberry)
TFA Strawberry
TFA Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
FW Yellow Cake
CAP Choc Glazed Donut
TFA Bavarian Cream
FA Fuji Apple
FA Almond
FA Marshmallow
FA Forest Fruit
INW Raspberry (difficult to use though)
INW Cactus

These are ones that I ALWAYS need to have in stock. But of coarse I use them with other stuff to make.

I still havent bought it - but CAP NY Cheesecake is supposedly outstanding too. I'm just not big on Cheesecake.

thank you so much
(next month is my birthday and guess what will be on my wishlist)

Back