Calling all DIY'ers

I just assumed Desert Ship refers to "Camel" and thought of the Turkish blend. Will PM you a snippet from HIC's notes. Not sure if the copyright etc. allows me to post it here.

On a quest for the perfect banana split vape:
upload_2016-6-28_9-46-24.png BVsplit.jpg

MY CURRENT RECIPE FOR 6mg Nico brew attachFull59024

36mg VG nicotine base : 16.67%
PG : 12.5%
VG : 49.84%
Banana fosters : 2%
Banana concentrate : 2 %
Milk : 4%
Banana split : 8%
Vanilla 10 : 5%

Needs to steep for 2 more days but the smell is out of this world.
Will post vape outcome.

If you enjoy sugary, fluffy vanilla cake, you should really try out the Funfetti recipe from DIYorDIE. Love this stuff!

I had to make a few subs as I just don't have the v1's ...so here is how I mixed it up:

TFA Cheescake (Graham Crust) - 3%
TFA Marshmallow - 2%
TFA VBIC - 3%
TFA Vanilla Custard - 2%
CAP Sugar Cookie v2 - 6%
FA Joy - 0.75%

Mixed at 70/30 VG/PG

Total flavour - 16.75%

Has anyone here mixed BroNuts chocolate donuts? I want to know how important Joy is to the mix, the percentage is low 0.7, but I don't have any Joy.
Can I sub it with something else?

Has anyone here mixed BroNuts chocolate donuts? I want to know how important Joy is to the mix, the percentage is low 0.7, but I don't have any Joy.
I have no idea unfortunately. This is HIC's notes on Joy:

If you're familiar with funnel cakes, imagine glazed funnel cakes. That's my best description of Joy - sweet, oil-fried, doughy flavor with vanilla. I find it a very appealing standalone vape from 2% to 3%; over 3% is cloying to me. Joy boosts spice flavors, especially when the spices are hidden, as in Catalan Cream, Apple Pie, and tobaccos. Joy can add glaze-like flavor to bakery recipes, especially when used with FA Vanilla Classic. My best results with Joy have mostly included Cookie and creamy vanilla flavors. I consider Joy the best bakery development in years for no-diketone vapers.

I have mixed it without Joy, came out pretty good imo. Do it.

I have no idea unfortunately. This is HIC's notes on Joy:

If you're familiar with funnel cakes, imagine glazed funnel cakes. That's my best description of Joy - sweet, oil-fried, doughy flavor with vanilla. I find it a very appealing standalone vape from 2% to 3%; over 3% is cloying to me. Joy boosts spice flavors, especially when the spices are hidden, as in Catalan Cream, Apple Pie, and tobaccos. Joy can add glaze-like flavor to bakery recipes, especially when used with FA Vanilla Classic. My best results with Joy have mostly included Cookie and creamy vanilla flavors. I consider Joy the best bakery development in years for no-diketone vapers.
Thanks Andre I'll shop around for some Joy. I don't want to waste as I plan on mixing a 50ml tester

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I have mixed it without Joy, came out pretty good imo. Do it.
Okay okay now you got MY FOMO ampt lol
I'll mix up a 20ml batch and test.
Thanks for the push

Okay okay now you got MY FOMO ampt lol
I'll mix up a 20ml batch and test.
Thanks for the push

I have no doubt it will still taste good, however according to Wayne's notes Joy is the star of the recipe:

"FA Joy: So the CAP Chocolate Glazed Doughnut flavor is the main note. Its the flavor that contains everything we need. But the real secret weapon is the Joy. This is a very odd and specific flavor. It pretty much tastes like nothing you've had before, and ONLY a supporting flavor. This recipe is the PERFECT example of how to use it effectively. FA Joy is the star of this recipe and should not be replaced nor omitted. It gives off a nice waxy sweetness while adding some cakey body. In this recipe the FA Joy plays its role exactly as it should. Giving the entire mix that special cake flavor you get from baked treats. I can't exactly pinpoint what the flavor is, but you will understand once you mix this up. And that sweetness you get from FA Joy dances perfectly with the chocolate. It's almost as if they were made for each other. You don't need much of it, so at 0.75% you get it to support the doughnut just enough without adding any weight or unwanted flavors. " - http://diyordievaping.com/2015/08/18/bronuts/

I have no doubt it will still taste good, however according to Wayne's notes Joy is the star of the recipe:

"FA Joy: So the CAP Chocolate Glazed Doughnut flavor is the main note. Its the flavor that contains everything we need. But the real secret weapon is the Joy. This is a very odd and specific flavor. It pretty much tastes like nothing you've had before, and ONLY a supporting flavor. This recipe is the PERFECT example of how to use it effectively. FA Joy is the star of this recipe and should not be replaced nor omitted. It gives off a nice waxy sweetness while adding some cakey body. In this recipe the FA Joy plays its role exactly as it should. Giving the entire mix that special cake flavor you get from baked treats. I can't exactly pinpoint what the flavor is, but you will understand once you mix this up. And that sweetness you get from FA Joy dances perfectly with the chocolate. It's almost as if they were made for each other. You don't need much of it, so at 0.75% you get it to support the doughnut just enough without adding any weight or unwanted flavors. " - http://diyordievaping.com/2015/08/18/bronuts/
I ordered some many concentrates and can't believe I forgot about Joy. Now I'm totally lost as to try it without or not. I hate to waste good concentrate that could have gone to something else.

I ordered some many concentrates and can't believe I forgot about Joy. Now I'm totally lost as to try it without or not. I hate to waste good concentrate that could have gone to something else.

Why not go ahead and mix up a small batch like you intended to? No harm in making a small batch and I don't believe you will waste 'good' concentrate. It will still be yummy. If you were closer I would have spotted you some Joy.

It will still be good, no doubt, joy does add a little something that fulfills the flavour profile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

50ml tester.......brave man

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Just tried this after a week long steep. Great stuff.

Girly.PNG

Hi

I want to start diy

I installed ejuice me up and downloaded some receipes

For example, I want 70VG/ 30pg
Some of the receipes are 50/50 or 80/20

Changing the composition won't affect the flavour?

Would I just enter the value on ejuice me up and go with it?

And the ejuice up doesn't display weight after ingredients input. Is weight display only for paid version?

Last edited:
Hi

I want to start diy

And the ejuice up doesn't display weight after ingredients input. Is weight display only for paid version?

It's rather hard to say some recipes are specifically made for a flavor profile, I have a juice here I made in 90/10 and 70/30, the 90/10 taste so bad, flavor is muted etc, and going on 70/30 it's like a new juice.

Try and stick to recipes otherwise make 70/30

Hi

I want to start diy

I would also try to do what the recipe says or only change it slightly to start with. If is says 40/60 then you can try 30/70 and see what works.

You have to add the weights into Ejuice-me-up. Check under tools.

Hi

I want to start diy

If a recipe call for very high VG (90+), you could use a bit less of the concentrates and vice versa. PG is a better carrier of flavour. I mix at 40PG/60VG. Most recipes nowadays are based on 30PG/70VG, but I use the percentages for the latter and flavour is fine.

Damn, I never thought that a thread I started would be over 100 pages one day :FADDANCING:

Thanks to all who contributed thus far
Hi all diy'ers, I've just finished reading this thread from page 1 to 104.

Thank you all so much your selfless contributions.
I've been vaping on a mix of coconut dx, dulce de leche and cotton candy (a budget thing) but im now awaiting a nice big order including cream strawberry litchi pear lime Grahamcracker blueberry sweetener vanilla peanutbutter banana koolada dragonfruit doublechocolate frosteddonut.

I know some are a bit weird but I made the order when I was about 40 pages in and slightly drunk :error:

Special mention to @rogue zombie @Viper_SA it feels to me like you had the vision of what this thread could be and stuck to it throughout. Of course thank you to each and every post and contribution from everyone the community, even the "silly" noob questions asked. These were answered fantastically and completely by the diy greats to the degree where they even answered the questions not even yet asked. Well done ecigssa diy'ers, I am honoured to be amongst you and learn. Will report on my findings as soon as I have mixed and steeped and of course tasted...

@The_Ice awesome post mate. Thanks for the special mention, but to be fair, many others contributed greatly to this thread. @method1 springs to mind right now, but tbere are countless others. I feel like I simply provided the canvas for the artists to paint all their masterpieces in one place. Thruth be told, I could not afford all the commercial juices and needed some serious help with diy. I made some crappy stuff, and I laugh when I read some of my older posts now, but it kept me vaping at least. Best of luck with the endeavour, it's quite a ride.

Well I did make it
Jagermeister - 2%
Red Energy - 4%

Clyrolinx flavours
Taste like a Jager Bomb. The Jagermeister is a bit strong. Maybe a steep would help but I would probably make the Jagermeister 1% next time.

I did also make a Vodka and Red Energy
Vodka - 1%
Red Energy - 4%
This wasn't bad at all.
Sounds interesting give some feedback after the steep.

OK here is the feedback
The "Jagerbomb" did calm down quite a lot and ended up being a mild Jagerbomb, which wasn't bad.
After mixing and tasting it was quite harsh, so if you like Jagermeister then I would reckon make it about 3 or 4% to keep that strong Jagermeister taste after a steep. The red Energy I would leave at 4 or 5%

The Vodka and Red Energy didn't change much after a steep and I still vape this every now and again between the tobacco mixes.

On a quest for the perfect banana split vape:
View attachment 59024 View attachment 59025

MY CURRENT RECIPE FOR 6mg Nico brew attachFull59024

36mg VG nicotine base : 16.67%
PG : 12.5%
VG : 49.84%
Banana fosters : 2%
Banana concentrate : 2 %
Milk : 4%
Banana split : 8%
Vanilla 10 : 5%

Needs to steep for 2 more days but the smell is out of this world.
Will post vape outcome.

Keen to try this one...are you using Cap TFA or FW concentrates?

To all you Cinnamon lovers here is something that is so damn close to Cinnabon (HRH loves this shop and me ;)). I think the bakery guys will just love it.
8% Grahmcracker
4% Sugar Cookie
3% Caramel
1% Ethyl Maltol.

Steep for at least 1 week and you will be blown away.:party:

To all you Cinnamon lovers here is something that is so damn close to Cinnabon (HRH loves this shop and me ;)). I think the bakery guys will just love it.
8% Grahmcracker
4% Sugar Cookie
3% Caramel
1% Ethyl Maltol.

Steep for at least 1 week and you will be blown away.:party:
Sorry, concentrates TFA

Back