Cape Meet Numero 3?

OK guys - please can someone put me in contact with the last vape meet co-ordinator, or the Cape Town chapter leader.... i need to start on reserving the venue - and would like to have a meeting with the venue organisers and the vape co-ordinator.

i would like to get the media involved as well as run a collection at the venue - any of your old evods and starter kits so that we can give away to the public-

also need to get the vendor list confirmed.

lets make this a real big event - lots of exposure and pretty much a chance to introduce the public to the vape culture and the alternative to stinkies!
:rock:

if there are any person(s) that have contacts or friends in media or suppliers that could join in on the vape meet - lets pool our information resource and make this a banger!!!

I would be happy to promote via my social media channels and blog as well as perhaps through my online marketing company. Just pop me an email vapetownza@gmail.com.

I might also have some contacts at whatson cape town and show me cape town.

OK guys - please can someone put me in contact with the last vape meet co-ordinator, or the Cape Town chapter leader.... i need to start on reserving the venue - and would like to have a meeting with the venue organisers and the vape co-ordinator.

i would like to get the media involved as well as run a collection at the venue - any of your old evods and starter kits so that we can give away to the public-

also need to get the vendor list confirmed.

lets make this a real big event - lots of exposure and pretty much a chance to introduce the public to the vape culture and the alternative to stinkies!
:rock:

if there are any person(s) that have contacts or friends in media or suppliers that could join in on the vape meet - lets pool our information resource and make this a banger!!!

For the last Cape Vape Meet a few peeps were involved with organising, e.g. @Metal Liz, @BhavZ, @Zegee, @Cape vaping supplies and myself.

I shall be out of the country during the suggested dates, but neither have the time available to help this time.

You are more than welcome to carry on and run the event as far as I am concerned. Here are links to the threads setting out how it was done last time.

http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/ca...apoli-shop-4-westport-square-sandown-rd.2219/
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/documents-for-cape-meet-2.2545/
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/coil-building-competition-cape-vape-meet-2.2220/
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/threads/cloud-chasing-competition-round-2-cape-vape-meet.2401/

Just to update you guys - looks like we will be having the vape meet in October -- we are aiming at better weather.

Just a note... keep in mind that when advertising the meet and involving the general public outside of the forum, it will be more of an vaper conference instead of an intimate vape meet. For example numbers of people to show up on the day will be an unknown. This could be awesome, but just wanted to point out the difference of a vape meet and vaper con. ;)

The Gautengers are planning their 5th meeting. Think we should get going and plan for our third one?
What do all you Cape peeps think?
Hi there. I'm into my third month of vaping and was about to post a huge thank-you to all the supportive suppliers (and seasoned vapers) who have helped me get here. Bless you all - you know who you are.

YES! High time for a Cape meet. Somewhere central please, not in Northern Suburbs if possible.

@Oupa i think it will still have a very homely feel :D it will be forum members spreading information and that family warmth :)
I think it would be an amazing eye opening experience for so many ;)
Do you think it would be so big the first time that we all get lost amongst the masses? :D

I agree with @Oupa. For me it should be a meet for vapers, vape vendors and friends invited by them. Surely will not like to be scrutinized by sensation seeking media or have to sell my hobby to a sceptical bystander. But that is just me.

I agree with @Oupa. For me it should be a meet for vapers, vape vendors and friends invited by them. Surely will not like to be scrutinized by sensation seeking media or have to sell my hobby to a sceptical bystander. But that is just me.

This. For me personally the previous Vape Meet had the perfect vibe. Even if the numbers are higher next time round, I would like to keep the same format. We don't need a VapourCon, we just need a place to get together to talk to each other, buy some stuff and have a good time.

+1

Any updates on the Cape Vape Meet? Is there anything I can do to help with the organizing of the meeting?

This. For me personally the previous Vape Meet had the perfect vibe. Even if the numbers are higher next time round, I would like to keep the same format. We don't need a VapourCon, we just need a place to get together to talk to each other, buy some stuff and have a good time.

I'm with you. And, as a member of the dreaded 'media' (freelance) and a vaper, I can tell you now that having sceptics and antagonists directly exposed to vaping in this environment is a good thing! People are afraid of what they don't understand. Our duty as vapers is to inform and change attitudes!

I believe it's time to clear all the fynbos out of our minds and set a date :p. What's the consensus out there folk?

october is a busy month for me. so im voting november

Moving to Vape Town in November.

So if the meet/con is in November ill be there

there is a chance I might be moving to CT in November aswell... just saying;)

Hello all can we get the ball rolling here

Please can all cape member please indicate a suitable date for end oct maybe nov
Ideally if we have dates we can look at appropriate venue

Let get going here guys and gals

Very little has been discussed thus far. But it seems that vape town is waiting on the vendors to relocate. I am still waiting on feedback regarding venues. There was some talk of the rugby or hockey club but I think that has died down in favour of a restaurant. Alternative is the vapemob lounge that @Chop007 suggested.

I'm game for November sometime.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Back