Ceramic coils and compatible tanks

My personnel experience in trying both is that I get better flavour from the 0.9 Ccells. The only problem is the dud coils which I still seem to get in a pack.
Might be an opportunity to add some lekker new driptips from Sirvape if you looking to add more to an order - thats what I did.

Have you perhaps looked at the new Atom Gcermic coils that @Rob Fisher mentions?
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/atom-gceramic-0-5Ω-coils.t22373/

The Ceramic Wars never stop... in Vape Mail today some new Ceramic Coils for the Sub Tanks arrived from Coil Art! The limited documentation (and their web site was down this morning) I could find was the coils are for < 35 Watts. Priming was great and I rushed the exercise because I was anxious to try them and no dry hits and flavour good almost from the beginning. As with the other ceramic coils for the sub tanks I could do with more airflow and the technique for these coils are slow and long does it.
View attachment 54699

Which is best you ask? Well glad you asked... I will rate the Sub Tank ceramic coils by themselves because the working cCell 0.9Ω still beats them all for airflow and flavor. I also got two packs of the SS 0.5Ω cCell coils from other overseas vendors to try... more on that later.

Here is the current batch of Ceramic Coils being tested...
View attachment 54700

Sub Tank compatible ceramic coils in order of flavour preference...
1. Coil Art 0.5Ω
2. Kangertech 0.5Ω
3. Atom gCeramic 0.5Ω (New Batch)
@Rob Fisher where did you buy that coil art coils??

My personnel experience in trying both is that I get better flavour from the 0.9 Ccells. The only problem is the dud coils which I still seem to get in a pack.
Might be an opportunity to add some lekker new driptips from Sirvape if you looking to add more to an order - thats what I did.

Have you perhaps looked at the new Atom Gcermic coils that @Rob Fisher mentions?
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/atom-gceramic-0-5Ω-coils.t22373/
Thanks for that @Kaizer! I have seen the mention of the Gceramics, but in that thread it seems that he is referring to the ones compatible with Kanger tanks and the ones available at VapeClub are those for Kanger and for the Crown tank. I don't know if a version is available that would be compatible with the Target, Melo 3, IJust 2 etc?

That's another thing I'm wondering about on the 0.5 ohm vs the 0.9 ohm cCells - the occurrence rate of dud coils. From what I have read on the 0.9s (and yes, it does seem that the new batch is a lot better), it doesn't seem encouraging and I wouldn't want to recommend / buy something for someone where 2 or so out of the 5 coils are duds. I suppose that is something that will only be clearer once quite a number of people have used the 0.5s for quite some time (especially since the ceramic coils seem to last longer, so the 'testing period' of coil consistency is a lot slower).

Have you tried the 0.5 SS coils in TC? Do they work well in this regard? The friend that I want to order the kit and coils for quite enjoy a coolish vape (on my gear) wide open in SS TC on lowish temps, so good TC capability would be quite a bonus (although I would assume that the 0.9 ohm coils at around 30 watts or lower is also not too hot a vape).

I used the 0.5ohm coil that came with the Gemini tank. The flavour was fine after letting it prime for about 30 minutes. Just leaked a bit sometimes. But the 0.9ohm coils are definitely better in terms of flavour and I have also not had any leakage (from the coil/atty :D).

Thanks @Silent Echo !

Very valuable info. Leakage is certainly not something that adds to the 'fuss free' and 'problem free' status of a product. When you say "sometimes", was that very occasionally or relatively often and to the extent that it was just a bit more than condensation or where there would literally be juice seeping down the side of the airflow onto the mod?

Thanks @Silent Echo !

Very valuable info. Leakage is certainly not something that adds to the 'fuss free' and 'problem free' status of a product. When you say "sometimes", was that very occasionally or relatively often and to the extent that it was just a bit more than condensation or where there would literally be juice seeping down the side of the airflow onto the mod?

The leaking only happened when I opened the top flow to let out the bubbles on the 0.5ohm. Never had this issue on the 0.9ohm coil.

Thanks for that @Kaizer! I have seen the mention of the Gceramics, but in that thread it seems that he is referring to the ones compatible with Kanger tanks and the ones available at VapeClub are those for Kanger and for the Crown tank. I don't know if a version is available that would be compatible with the Target, Melo 3, IJust 2 etc?

That's another thing I'm wondering about on the 0.5 ohm vs the 0.9 ohm cCells - the occurrence rate of dud coils. From what I have read on the 0.9s (and yes, it does seem that the new batch is a lot better), it doesn't seem encouraging and I wouldn't want to recommend / buy something for someone where 2 or so out of the 5 coils are duds. I suppose that is something that will only be clearer once quite a number of people have used the 0.5s for quite some time (especially since the ceramic coils seem to last longer, so the 'testing period' of coil consistency is a lot slower).

Have you tried the 0.5 SS coils in TC? Do they work well in this regard? The friend that I want to order the kit and coils for quite enjoy a coolish vape (on my gear) wide open in SS TC on lowish temps, so good TC capability would be quite a bonus (although I would assume that the 0.9 ohm coils at around 30 watts or lower is also not too hot a vape).

You are correct, the Atom Gceramics are meant for the Kanger tanks. I was rather adding another option to your purchase if you are willing to sacrifice on flavour and gain on ease of use and consistency. Air flow is vastly constricted when compared to the Ccell so maybe this is not a good option if your friend prefers wide open draws.

My latest purchase of 0.9 Ccells resulted in 2 duds in from the box of five, however I went back and bought another box since the flavour is impeccable on a working coil.

Why not just get normal kanthal commercial coils it's hassle free buy a pack of 5 when one is burnt out put new coils in fill with liquid and u good to go

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Why not just get normal kanthal commercial coils it's hassle free buy a pack of 5 when one is burnt out put new coils in fill with liquid and u good to go

Its all about flavour. The normal kanthal coils doesnt come close to the flavour of a working 0.9 Ccell.

Its all about flavour. The normal kanthal coils doesnt come close to the flavour of a working 0.9 Ccell.
I understand that the guy wants a hassle free solution as possible. No he gets 0.9 ccells first coil great second coil dud 3rd dud the guy will give up in my opinion. Start him off on commercial in the mean time and as the ceramics improve over time move him to ceramics.

I hear you and it does make perfect sense. My reasoning: I have been intrigued and curious by all the good things said recently about the flavor on ceramic tanks, but currently only use RDAs / RTAs myself (besides my little AIO - would be awesome if they start making ceramic coils for that, but somehow I doubt it). That might change soon and I'll probably try a ceramic tank for myself as one of my not too distant purchases.

To be perfectly honest though, I don't know if this specific person (who is still currently smoking) would really notice such a massive difference in flavor between ceramic and cotton coils. My main consideration in this specific instance is that these coils seem to last so much longer than those with cotton wicking and thus offer terrific value for those who do not want to rebuild. However, if you're gonna get a number of dud coils in a pack - that factor is kind of negated

EDIT: I wrote and posted that before I saw the last two posts by @Kaizer and @kyle_redbull . I think what I said does relate a bit to both in any case, but yeah - I think it would all depend on the occurence rate of dud coils on the 0.5s

I hear you and it does make perfect sense. My reasoning: I have been intrigued and curious by all the good things said recently about the flavor on ceramic tanks, but currently only use RDAs / RTAs myself (besides my little AIO - would be awesome if they start making ceramic coils for that, but somehow I doubt it). That might change soon and I'll probably try a ceramic tank for myself as one of my not too distant purchases.

To be perfectly honest though, I don't know if this specific person (who is still currently smoking) would really notice such a massive difference in flavor between ceramic and cotton coils. My main consideration in this specific instance is that these coils seem to last so much longer than those with cotton wicking and thus offer terrific value for those who do not want to rebuild. However, if you're gonna get a number of dud coils in a pack - that factor is kind of negated

EDIT: I wrote and posted that before I saw the last two posts by @Kaizer and @kyle_redbull . I think what I said does relate a bit to both in any case, but yeah - I think it would all depend on the occurence rate of dud coils on the 0.5s
Has your mate vaped on ur AIO before? What did he say flavour wise etc? I would get him a AIO to start off with then later on tell him there's a better kit like a pico which can take ceramics which has 10 times more flavour. The main goal here is to get him off the stinkies

Has your mate vaped on ur AIO before? What did he say flavour wise etc? I would get him a AIO to start off with then later on tell him there's a better kit like a pico which can take ceramics which has 10 times more flavour. The main goal here is to get him off the stinkies

He has tried the AIO. He didn't care for it all that much (he hasn't really commented on specifics like flavor etc. Just said that he much prefers the Crius / Theorem / Hastur {the RDA, not the tank}) and seems to be someone who (even as a current smoker and occasional Twisp Edge user) prefer open lung hits (albeit at a coolish temp - and the AIO, which I still think is a great entry for most current smokers and most others that I have given a try on my other gear / the AIO much prefer the AIO, actually also gives quite a warm MTL vape IMO)

Hi @Lingogrey! The 0.5 SS cCell coils are no where near as good as the 0.9 Kanthal ones... while they do work once primed (to a degree) I would NEVER buy them again and would stick to the 0,9 coils because they are simply perfect.

If you want hassle free get him a Pico Kit with 0.9 Kanthal Coils from Sir Vape.

Hi @Lingogrey! The 0.5 SS cCell coils are no where near as good as the 0.9 Kanthal ones... while they do work once primed (to a degree) I would NEVER buy them again and would stick to the 0,9 coils because they are simply perfect.

If you want hassle free get him a Pico Kit with 0.9 Kanthal Coils from Sir Vape.
Thank you very much @Rob Fisher !

For those of you chasing the ceramic dream there is another tank to consider... the Melo III Mini that comes with the Pico kit is excellent with the 0.9Ω cCell but the tank is small and needs refilling often... enter the Melo III... same amazing flavour with the cCell but with a 4ml capacity... no airlocks and top fill and great flavour. This is a chicken dinner tank!
Melo-III-1.jpg Melo-III-3.jpg

For those of you chasing the ceramic dream there is another tank to consider... the Melo III Mini that comes with the Pico kit is excellent with the 0.9Ω cCell but the tank is small and needs refilling often... enter the Melo III... same amazing flavour with the cCell but with a 4ml capacity... no airlocks and top fill and great flavour. This is a chicken dinner tank!
View attachment 55651 View attachment 55652

Looks awesome. Is the only difference between the two the size? Also, do you find the mini gives better flavor because I believe often smaller chambers give better flavor?

Looks awesome. Is the only difference between the two the size? Also, do you find the mini gives better flavor because I believe often smaller chambers give better flavor?

Yip size appears to be the only difference... the flavour seems to be equally good on both of them. At the moment the 4ml one is giving a slightly better flavour but that's because it has a brand new coil and the Mini has had about 40-50 refills! :D

@Andre are you using the cCell's in your Melo III's?
Yes, first used the RBA for a week en then the 0.9 ohm cCell for a week. Both great. Thus, having passed the test, the Pico with Melo3 Mini is now in HRH's hands (with cCell). She is very chuffed.

Back