Ceravape Cerabis 44 and 45 Ceramic coiled tanks!

None of this makes any sense... the coils (well the ones that came with my tank) don't need priming and all you should have to do is screw in the coil fill the tank and turn up the wattage to around 44 watts and give it horns! Well that what I have done with mine and was super impressed. I even left the tank alone for 2-3 months and then when the fish bowl extention arrived I filled it up with XXX and within a few hits it was cooking with gas again...

PS All this testing was done with XXX 50/50. I wonder if this is the issue?

None of this makes any sense... the coils (well the ones that came with my tank) don't need priming and all you should have to do is screw in the coil fill the tank and turn up the wattage to around 44 watts and give it horns! Well that what I have done with mine and was super impressed. I even left the tank alone for 2-3 months and then when the fish bowl extention arrived I filled it up with XXX and within a few hits it was cooking with gas again...

PS All this testing was done with XXX 50/50. I wonder if this is the issue?
It could definitely be a factor! Although lots of reviewers mention how this tank can handle max vg juice. @Silent Echo how is your tank doing so far?

It could definitely be a factor! Although lots of reviewers mention how this tank can handle max vg juice. @Silent Echo how is your tank doing so far?

The tank is great so far. Been using it a lot since Thursday. Excellent flavour and no dry hits or leaks. It didnt need any priming. I changed juices as well and it was perfect.

I used 65/35 and 70/30 juices.

The tank is great so far. Been using it a lot since Thursday. Excellent flavour and no dry hits or leaks. It didnt need any priming. I changed juices as well and it was perfect.

I used 65/35 and 70/30 juices.
Glad to hear urs is going fine. I have never tasted xxx like that before its brilliant! So bummed my tank has a problem :(

Glad to hear urs is going fine. I have never tasted xxx like that before its brilliant! So bummed my tank has a problem :(
I guess @Silent Echo 's view blows our "pressure" problem out the water... Unless you live on the roof of a big building, or work in a mine?

I guess @Silent Echo 's view blows our "pressure" problem out the water... Unless you live on the roof of a big building, or work in a mine?
My roof ceiling dwelling days are behind me, and no I dont dig large holes in the earth either. I think its just rotten luck, or i must really be doing something wrong :confused:

My roof ceiling dwelling days are behind me, and no I dont dig large holes in the earth either. I think its just rotten luck, or i must really be doing something wrong :confused:
It does seem that way, but there really isn't much that you can do wrong with these tanks, and also I refuse to believe that your luck could be so rotten as to have 10 failed coils. It's really weird.

It does seem that way, but there really isn't much that you can do wrong with these tanks, and also I refuse to believe that your luck could be so rotten as to have 10 failed coils. It's really weird.
Same its crazy. Im up in arms

Okay so finally one of the ceravape guys contacted me back and this is what they had to say:

Thank you for contacting me.
Very sorry to hear that happened with your Cerabis 45.

This is the first instance of a no-wicking problem I've heard of (it was leaking in the past with the Cerabis v1).

The tank does have juice flow control which has the option to have half of the holes open, but I don't think that would lead to dry hits. I believe the burned flavor you got was due to no liquid being present, and the coil glowing red hot. That should go away once the liquid flows.

A few things you can try:
  • open/close the AFC/JFC repeatedly (I'd say 10+ times) to pump juice into the ceramic
  • let the tank open without the tank top cap for a while- that should cause leaking.
  • with the tank in "closed" position, take strong primer pulls (without firing) to get the liquid flowing into the ceramic (you can also do this with the AFC closed in the "open" position)
  • make sure to leave just a little air in the tank when filling

It seems odd for the tank to be air locked in my opinion, even with 100% VG liquid.
Please give those suggestions a try. I can get the tank to gurgle when I take a strong pull with the AFC most of the way closed ~20% open or so at 50 watts on the .5ohm coil. (just tried it)

I really hope this will help!
Let me know if it does.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns as well.

I will give this a go as soon as i have replacement coils again. In the meantine I took the tank apart and cleaned it. Also checked the o-rings so will see

Okay so finally one of the ceravape guys contacted me back and this is what they had to say:

Thank you for contacting me.
Very sorry to hear that happened with your Cerabis 45.

This is the first instance of a no-wicking problem I've heard of (it was leaking in the past with the Cerabis v1).

The tank does have juice flow control which has the option to have half of the holes open, but I don't think that would lead to dry hits. I believe the burned flavor you got was due to no liquid being present, and the coil glowing red hot. That should go away once the liquid flows.

A few things you can try:
  • open/close the AFC/JFC repeatedly (I'd say 10+ times) to pump juice into the ceramic
  • let the tank open without the tank top cap for a while- that should cause leaking.
  • with the tank in "closed" position, take strong primer pulls (without firing) to get the liquid flowing into the ceramic (you can also do this with the AFC closed in the "open" position)
  • make sure to leave just a little air in the tank when filling

It seems odd for the tank to be air locked in my opinion, even with 100% VG liquid.
Please give those suggestions a try. I can get the tank to gurgle when I take a strong pull with the AFC most of the way closed ~20% open or so at 50 watts on the .5ohm coil. (just tried it)

I really hope this will help!
Let me know if it does.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns as well.

I will give this a go as soon as i have replacement coils again. In the meantine I took the tank apart and cleaned it. Also checked the o-rings so will see
I'm glad they got back to you, and from the sounds of it, they seem to have taken some time to carefully consider and explore the issues you have been having.

Glad you're going to give it another bash, but I must say, you need an award for your dedication towards getting these tanks to work for you!

I'm glad they got back to you, and from the sounds of it, they seem to have taken some time to carefully consider and explore the issues you have been having.

Glad you're going to give it another bash, but I must say, you need an award for your dedication towards getting these tanks to work for you!

Their american rep replied, think they all off with chinese new year or something me thinks

Yip I am a persistant bloke, i want that flavour back i tasted a week ago. Plus literally no one else shares the issues i am having with them it seems :confused:

Last edited:
Yip my original coil is still performing splendidly despite being left in a hot car as a backup device and sitting for days not being vaped on. I'm really impressed with the Cerabis Tanks and thier brillaint ceramic coils.

Yip my original coil is still performing splendidly despite being left in a hot car as a backup device and sitting for days not being vaped on. I'm really impressed with the Cerabis Tanks and thier brillaint ceramic coils.
Reminds me a bit of that legendary ccell coil you had, which had well over 50 refills? Should have its own shrine in your vapecave

Sorry but I feel I need to say this. And this after 2 days of amazing vaping but...
Cerabis tanks are crap! I started getting dry hits and it wouldnt stop after 2 days of a beautiful vape, and after that all 4 replacement coils did exactly the same! I dont know if it is faulty but i now had 8 useless coils with this tank and the 44. Given the fact that this tank is R600 I cant say with a clear conscience this tank is worth it!
I might just be very unlucky but I had this now with the 44 and 45 and asked for tips everywhere but it seems its just me atm with this bad luck. So dissapointed

Aww man, I'm super bummed to hear this, I really wanted one of these but I it's just gonna be like the ccell ceramics then I'll give it a miss.

Ah this is depressing! Seems if I leave my juicefill slots open slightly the dry hits dissapear but then the tank leaks! Everone else seems to have a jolly good time :BangsHeads:

Ah this is depressing! Seems if I leave my juicefill slots open slightly the dry hits dissapear but then the tank leaks! Everone else seems to have a jolly good time :BangsHeads:

Yeah, you somehow got very unlucky!

I opened my box, took out the tank, opened it all up, pulled out the original glass, put on the fishbowl, put it all back together, filled her up with juice, put her on my mod, ran wats to low at 25, and it was MEH, spoke to Rob, he said pump it all the way to 44, did, and since then ... NIRVANA!

Just absolute perfection with no dry hits, no leaking, nothing. Refilled 4 times already and absolutely ZERO issues!

I even switched to a completely different juice on the 4th tank. Still tasted the previous juice for the 1st 2 draws, but, by the 3rd draw it was 100% the new juice flavor.

I've ordered mine from fasttech, all inclusive still less than half what the locals are asking

I actually ordered mine directly from Ceravape.

Took a while to get here. I ordered on 2 Jan, and it landed on 10 Feb. All through the post office, as they don't give you a choice on shipping. Landed in perfect condition, and even better, paid no duties! ;-)

Back