Classic Wet Shaving

And my birthday prezzie just got delivered! :trophy: My family decided to spoil me a bit with something I wouldn’t usually get for myself.
So I’ve got a new DG 10 razor to test drive, longer handle and great grip, spare blades to last a while, some tea tree shampoo and a green mint shaving soap. Thank you to Jaco for all the advice and guidance, and also for throwing in a Honeybush and a Vanilla shampoo bar for me to try out, it’s greatly appreciated as was the birthday wishes.
View attachment 197460
Can’t wait for the test drive tomorrow morning, going to be a new me appearing in the mirror.

Wow that's some great shave mail , Happy Birthday @Room Fogger .
Wish you many great shaves and also those feather blades are fantastic .

BOOOM! Parker94R solid little razor looking forward to giving it a bash, awesome service from Jaco (Bundubeard) with a couple of samples thrown into the package.

ps the Parker just fell into my basket while i was browsing for a new shaving brush:rofl:

Attachments

• F905D2F5-3B2C-4B01-A42C-8EE9651EFD20.jpeg
    F905D2F5-3B2C-4B01-A42C-8EE9651EFD20.jpeg
    602.8 KB · Views: 14
BOOOM! Parker94R solid little razor looking forward to giving it a bash, awesome service from Jaco (Bundubeard) with a couple of samples thrown into the package.

ps the Parker just fell into my basket while i was browsing for a new shaving brush:rofl:
Awesome. Enjoy

Sent from my SM-A307FN using Tapatalk

proof is in the shine no? 4263CB64-9F71-45D0-A260-6C578F094E64.jpeg

And my birthday prezzie just got delivered! :trophy: My family decided to spoil me a bit with something I wouldn’t usually get for myself.
So I’ve got a new DG 10 razor to test drive, longer handle and great grip, spare blades to last a while, some tea tree shampoo and a green mint shaving soap. Thank you to Jaco for all the advice and guidance, and also for throwing in a Honeybush and a Vanilla shampoo bar for me to try out, it’s greatly appreciated as was the birthday wishes.
View attachment 197460
Can’t wait for the test drive tomorrow morning, going to be a new me appearing in the mirror.

Ok, so yesterday was just a stuff up from the time I overslept until the semi sleepless night last night, but at least I had something great to look forward to. :( Pills and cup of coffee later and eyes stated focusing so off I went.

First time using the Shampoo, does not lather as much as the commercial stuff, but I am converted. Haven’t had such clean and refreshed hair ever in my existence, even the scalp feels properly clean for a change. Can’t wait to try out the shampoo pucks that I was sent as gifts as well, but 2 weeks use for each one as a test to really see what it can do. @Rob Fisher analogy of squeaky clean is 1000% correct. Next bit of spare cash and conditioner is in the basket!

Decided to try the Supermax green blade first in the DG10, the Feather blades is next on the menu. Man oh man, what a great experience. The longer handle and chequering made for the perfect shave for me, great grip and excellent control, did massacre myself a bit but it’s now been properly blooded as well, beard was a bit longer than I would have wanted for the initial trial run but it sailed through like a hot knife through butter. I actually wanted to powder my face, “baba se boudtjies” super smooth.:trophy:

All I can say now is you don’t know what you are missing out on if you don’t go this route, no cartridge shavers for me ever again, then I’ll rather go the mountain man route and braid my beard :D , beads and all for decorative purposes not excluded.

Thank you to @Clouds4Days for the initial gift of a razor and some supplies to get me going, that will now be my travel set, going to get a sheath or pouch for it soon, hats of to you Sir. And a thank you doesn’t seem to be enough for Jaco from Bundubeard, this is the best I have felt in a long time, you have a customer for life Sir. Thank you, thank you and thank you for your advice and patience in helping me decide, it’s is greatly appreciated. One of my best birthday presents ever for sure, can’t wait for tomorrow’s episode now.

Hey everyone
I put the Feather AC DC through its paces and man does she perform, took out a almost 3 month beard in one go (no tugging whatsoever).

What's better than waking up on a Saturday morning?
Waking up and getting shave mail :)

I was showing my wife what I got in the parcel and she asked whats the leather thing (strope) for?

I said "for the beadroom" , you should have seen the death stare i got followed by "you not using that on me" :-D

20200704_115845.jpg

I was showing my wife what I got in the parcel and she asked whats the leather thing (strope) for?

I said "for the beadroom" , you should have seen the death stare i got followed by "you not using that on me" :-D

View attachment 200175

Eish, that could have gone anywhere.....

Hi everyone here is my unboxing video of all my goodies if yous wanna have a closer look.
Stay safe and Cheers

I ran out of Jaco's shaving soap few weeks ago. Bought some Prep at the store as substitute
I just cant do it. Dont think I would be able to use any other lather soap than his.
Just feels horrible using a store product. I can already visually notice a negative impact on my skin from using Prep

I ran out of Jaco's shaving soap few weeks ago. Bought some Prep at the store as substitute
I just cant do it. Dont think I would be able to use any other lather soap than his.
Just feels horrible using a store product. I can already visually notice a negative impact on my skin from using Prep
I couldn't agree more. Started using a commercial shaving cream I still had in the cupboard and it is just not the same.
Think I am just going to pass it to a friend.

Sent from my SM-A307FN using Tapatalk

View attachment 200175
Awesome shavemail bro!
I like the cutthroat it looks super cool!

Had some bad luck with blunt blades recently. Found this in my cupboard toady so I'll be shaving tonightIMG_20200712_214954.jpg

Trying out a Straight Razor for the first time.
It really isn't as bad as the movies make it out to be unless you watching Sweeney Todd :-D

Cheers

I will be looking out for them. Thanks Skipper.

Definitely worth getting some nice blades! Personally used to use the titanium supermax, black packaging, was real cheap, totally beats them fancy shmancy gillette vibrators.

Definitely worth getting some nice blades! Personally used to use the titanium supermax, black packaging, was real cheap, totally beats them fancy shmancy gillette vibrators.
I got some new ones at PicnPay. Hope they're better than the ones I got last time. Or we in Cape town might have to have a group buy for some decent stock.

This is what happens when you shave with a brand new blade that has a manufacturing fault. About 7cm cut that hasnt stopped bleeding since this morning. This wont stop me from using safety razors. But check your blades. It was a Supermax blue diamond blade.

IMG_20200802_153953.jpg

This is what happens when you shave with a brand new blade that has a manufacturing fault. About 7cm cut that hasnt stopped bleeding since this morning. This wont stop me from using safety razors. But check your blades. It was a Supermax blue diamond blade.

View attachment 202991

@SmokeyJoe have you tried using a Alum block on it?
Also if you have and Bee Natural After Shave balm that sometimes helps with Nicks.
Why do you suggeat the blade has a default? What was wrong with the blade brother?

View attachment 202991

That's not cool. What is the defect, bent or? How are those blades other than the one eating your face?

Back