Clone Recipes

UnholyMunk

Skin Basher
LV

Awards
Hey Guys,

I've been getting into mixing my own juices, and I've found quiet a few clone recipes which I thought I'd share over some time as I try them out. These are recipes people have posted online that TRY to recreate the original flavour in question. This is by no means an exact copy of the recipe, it's just peoples interpretation of the recipe. That being said, the clones are popular and from all accounts are apparently quiet accurate.

So while I was searching for the ultimate vanilla custard recipe I came across this whole "clone recipe" idea, and I found that the Grants clone is one of the easiest around, so here it is...

• 7.5% to 15% Cap Vanilla Custard
  • 2% TFA Dulche de leche
  • 1-2 Drops Ethyl Maltol per 10ml
There are some other variations where Capella Simply Vanilla or even a Nougat flavouring of some kind is added to the mix. Everyone has their own take on it.

Now this bad boy of mine is busy steeping. but it smells delicious already. I will give my thoughts when I've tried it :)

Have any of you tried clone recipes? What are your favourites?

My resource for this particular clone recipe:

http://www.kritikalmass.net/proddetail.asp?prod=Grants-Vanilla-Custard-Clone

(p.s. That website is a good starting point for clone recipes)

Ya I've seen this one.

I would love to hear what someone that's had GVC says about accuracy. I don't know hey... 3 ingredients? And this is supposed to be one of the highest rated custards. I would think there's a little more to it.

Thanks though, I will give this a go.

GVC is actually a really easy clone to make :) one of the best recipes to start your DIY journey into cloning.

this 3 ingredient recipe is okish, but the absolute best thing is YOUR SENSE OF TASTE

start with the recipe and then tweak it according to your taste. some extra or less CAP vanilla custard can really change the taste of your juice, another thing to remember is that the best steeping method is time. custard needs time to steep and become a bottle of creamy goodness.

GVC is actually a really easy clone to make :) one of the best recipes to start your DIY journey into cloning.

this 3 ingredient recipe is okish, but the absolute best thing is YOUR SENSE OF TASTE

start with the recipe and then tweak it according to your taste. some extra or less CAP vanilla custard can really change the taste of your juice, another thing to remember is that the best steeping method is time. custard needs time to steep and become a bottle of creamy goodness.

I agree. I know exactly what you're trying to say, everyone is different and everyone will have a slightly different take on what the ingredients should be. I want this thread to be a place where we can put up our favourite clone recipes and then discuss/debate them until the end of time :D I think if people are coming here to learn how to make your own liquids, and how long to steep certain juices, this is the WRONG place to start.

That being said, it seems like you've tried to make a GVC clone of your own? What was your recipe? What were your thoughts? ;)

This recipe tastes best to me all the way up at 15% custard. If you haven't tried it you should. It's definitely a winner.

Here's another tasty one:

Snake Oil Clone:
(All TFA)

Pear 8%
Bavarian Cream 3%
Coconut Extra 1.5%

Optional
Citric Acid 1 drop per 2ml

My own custard is not too far from this actually.

Except I didn't have Dulce, so I used Bavarian cream.

Friends tell me it's nice, but I haven't been thrilled with it. Happy, but I've tried to tweak it twice, and it hasn't improved.

I hope the Dulce turns out to be the difference maker

for your GVC juice : are you using CAP or TFA vanilla custard. that makes a big difference as well.

so TFA vanilla custard, 12%.

then take the bottle, put it on your car boot, park in the sun and check again after a week. on day 2 it will change colour and after 2 weeks your juice is golden.

so TFA vanilla custard, 12%.

then take the bottle, put it on your car boot, park in the sun and check again after a week. on day 2 it will change colour and after 2 weeks your juice is golden.
I have read of guys of guys strapping juice to the inside of their engine bays (near the air intake) , or even the inside of the rim of their wheel for a week to let it steep, but the boot idea actually sounds like a good one! Thanks for this one dude ;)

time beats all. i have a few techniques to agitate a freshly mixed juice but thats only for tasting it immediately.

considering you going to be vaping it... i dont think car fumes or pothole gunk what you want anywhere near your juices, no matter how tight its sealed.

Here's my easy, but enjoyable, Strawnilla

CAP Sweet Strawberry - 7%
TFA French Vanilla - 6%
Cap Sweet Cream - 2%
TFA Ethyl Maltol - 0,5%

Optional - 0,5% Smooth

Easy going joose
Oh Yeah! That sounds delicious. I will try that one out when I get some Cap sweet cream.

Back