Clone Recipes

Thanks for the tip @method1, I will do the same with my menthol concentrate because I find it quite strong too.
I have lots of PG to dilute with, can you recommend a starting dilution for Koolada and Menthol? Or should I just wing it to my taste?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Depends what % of each you usually use.. if it's 0.5% of menthol for eg, you'd use 5% at a 10% dilution, or 2.5% at 20% etc.
Just make a dilution that suits your style and makes life a bit easier.

Depends what % of each you usually use.. if it's 0.5% of menthol for eg, you'd use 5% at a 10% dilution, or 2.5% at 20% etc.
Just make a dilution that suits your style and makes life a bit easier.
I have been unsuccessful in my attempts to use menthol or koolada. I am aiming for a slight cooling effect from the koolada, instead even at 0.5% its overpowering.
So I'm correct 5% at 10% means 0.5ml Koolada mixed with 9.5ml of PG?

So just having a bit of a read through this thread has made me want to try the DIY clone juice route... Sounds fun, interesting and perhaps a bit cheaper than purchasing local juices (although that will probably happen still regardless).

So just having a bit of a read through this thread has made me want to try the DIY clone juice route... Sounds fun, interesting and perhaps a bit cheaper than purchasing local juices (although that will probably happen still regardless).
I still buy a few local juices as I just can't be without them and wouldn't clone a local juice. Although when it comes to Strawberry a day cream vapes all gloves are off. No one can claim rights to that it's fair game

So browsing that e-liquid recipe site has made me wonder, quite a few of the recipe's I took a look at, the flavours had warning and seemed to contain acetoin and/or acetyl propionyl which seem to be extremely similar to diacetyl which is not good for you.

I had assumed that all of the reputable manufacturers of juices and flavours had stopped producing items with that stuff and you'd only get it in the cheaper, nasty juices ... Although is that so? Do some of our local juices contain these substances?

similar to diacetyl which is not good for you.

Can you back that up? There are very few conclusive studies on the topic and it's largely misunderstood by the public.

Can you back that up? There are very few conclusive studies on the topic and it's largely misunderstood by the public.
To be honest I just did a quick Google search after seeing those warning labels and stumbled upon this article: http://thecleanvape.com/diacetyl-acetyl-propionyl-and-acetoin/

So how bad are acetoin and acetyl propionyl? Is it really just diacetyl you want to avoid? Is there any reason to be concerned?

EDIT: Although I think I am going off topic now, perhaps I should create another thread?

That does sound nice, do have the percentages by any chance?

Hey bud.
My recipe is:
Tfa blueberry 3%
Tfa strawberry ripe 8%
Tfa koolada 1%
Tfa watermelon 11%

Je

Hey there,would u suggest Blueberry Candy or Blueberry wild?

Sorry, TFA Blueberry extra. The last 200ml I made was without blueberry (was finished) and the juice came out wonderful!!! There's something magical that happens between the strawberry and the watermelon... :roto2cafe:

Sorry, TFA Blueberry extra. The last 200ml I made was without blueberry (was finished) and the juice came out wonderful!!! There's something magical that happens between the strawberry and the watermelon... :roto2cafe:
I'm looking for a Blueberry to use in this recipe as well as in a desert or creamy recipe,would u still suggest TFA blueberry extra or shud I go Blueberry wild?

I'd go Blueberry extra, but that's just me. Just be careful with other Blueberry's, I bought a local company's blueberry flavour once and it was horrible, it ruined two batches of my "go to" recipes. I learnt the hard way, use the trusted companies here. TFA, Flavour Art, Flavour West, Inawera and the like.

I must check what blueberry I have at home, seem to think it is TFA but it smells like stinky feet. Tested at 3% it was ok, think it will be better at a lower percentage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I must check what blueberry I have at home, seem to think it is TFA but it smells like stinky feet. Tested at 3% it was ok, think it will be better at a lower percentage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blueberry has a very pungent smell and taste IMO, so I use it with much respect.

Side note all, I'm on the cusp of creating the perfect Red Bull juice (don't know how many successful attempts there have been).

I've got a batch of six finalists that I'm fine tuning, all six are close, but I want it PERFECT!! I'll sell the recipe to the highest bidder... >:)>:)

Back