Clone Recipes

For some reason I cannot stand the taste of DK tobacco or tobacco absolute. I much prefer the FA tobacco flavours.

I made myself a bottle of DK Tobacco. I put 2 drops ACV in a 10ml batch and cold steeped if for 4 weeks after initially steeping it in a warm water bath for a few hours... it's the worst thing I've ever tasted! I get the tobacco and nutty notes, but there is this overbearing taste of ginger and lemongrass that just kills it for me. I dunno what it is, but I din't even make a full tank before changing it out with something else...

I won't even consider recipes with this flavour in it in the future.... It's just too terrible imo.

This sounds awesome, and all flavourants are available locally:

Dragon Blood

All TFA

Dragon Fruit - 10%
Ripe Strawberry - 4% (so you might need to tweak this depending on what Strawberry you have)
Vanilla Swirl - 3%
Bavarian Cream - 2%
Sweet Cream - 2%
Ethyl Maltol - 1%

I most definitely will be trying this one!

Dragon Blood

All TFA

Dragon Fruit - 10%
Ripe Strawberry - 4% (so you might need to tweak this depending on what Strawberry you have)
Vanilla Swirl - 3%
Bavarian Cream - 2%
Sweet Cream - 2%
Ethyl Maltol - 1%

That does sound very nice! Thanks for sharing :)

Dragon Blood

All TFA

Dragon Fruit - 10%
Vanilla Swirl - 3%
Bavarian Cream - 2%
Sweet Cream - 2%
Ethyl Maltol - 1%

Thanks for this one @r0gue z0mbie, it looks delicious! My little book of clone recipes is ever growing ;)

On another note, I seriously need to get my hands on some Bavarian Cream! I see it popping up in so many clone recipes all the time... it's really beginning to annoy me that I don't have the flavour!

Thanks for this one @r0gue z0mbie, it looks delicious! My little book of clone recipes is ever growing ;)

On another note, I seriously need to get my hands on some Bavarian Cream! I see it popping up in so many clone recipes all the time... it's really beginning to annoy me that I don't have the flavour!

Oh ye, I've also noticed Bavarian cream goes in so much recipes. It's a must.

Dragon Blood

All TFA

Dragon Fruit - 10%
Vanilla Swirl - 3%
Bavarian Cream - 2%
Sweet Cream - 2%
Ethyl Maltol - 1%

Sounds very nice. Going to mix it now. 10ml or 30ml mmmmm??

Thanks for the recipe @r0gue z0mbie :)

I have a "Jimmy Creme Brule" clone that I made myself that I think is pretty close to the original.

VM Banana 8%
VM Caramel 4%
VM Custard 4%

*VM = Vapour Mountain

I've been vaping on it for a little while now and tbh I am chuffed with myself on this clone. Enjoy everyone!
Hi, I want to try this recipe, just want to find out from if it is sweet? And how long should you steep it

Hi, I want to try this recipe, just want to find out from if it is sweet? And how long should you steep it

I haven't made this, but from the ingredients I can guarantee you it will be quite sweet. Steeping would be on the longer side as custards generally take their sweet time to settle - I'd say a week minimum, but more like three-four for it to reach full potential ;)

@UnholyMunk do think a cream of some sort will work in that mix?

Oh yeah, it sure will. I don't have any "Sweet Cream" flavours, just the VM Cream and have tried it with it in, but the VM Custard and VM Cream are very similar imo, so it ended up being more custardy than anything else.

I'd also try add some "Brown Sugar" or "Butterscotch" to help the Caramel shine through a little. Maybe just a few drops or a percentage or 2...

On a note with the steeping, I just tried a batch I made for a friend 4 weeks ago (he's way more patient than me) and it's even better at 4 weeks than 2! I'd say a minimum steep time is 3 weeks, as with a 4 weeks steep, all the flavours are well balanced and nothing is competing with each other for dominance. The VM Banana can be a bit unruly in it's youth, but it mellows out with age it seems ;)

Haha ok cool thanks man, I orderd from vm, and some ready made juice, so that ive got something to vape while the diy is steeping. Knowing myself I wont be able to leave it for 2 weeks hahaha im also quite impatient and cant wait to try new things

Hi guys,

I've tried my hand at GVC and after steeping for nearly a month, it has come out pretty good. It is a bit too "eggy" for me though.

Which of the 2 flavours has the "eggy" taste?
  • 7.5% to 15% Cap Vanilla Custard
  • 2% TFA Dulche de leche
I want to know so I can use less of that or more of the other the next time around.

Thanks @Gambit . I went up to 14% because I went high VG. Will reduce it next time.

Thanks @Gambit . I went up to 14% because I went high VG. Will reduce it next time.
Yeah that should sort it, I think you tasting the butyric acid, capella's vanilla custard uses it for the butteryness (is that a word? sure why not) in place of acetoin and acetyl Proprionyl. That recipe is nice, but I prefer this one:

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/13333/Nilla+Custard

I normally drop the custard to 8, and up the rest a percent or two. If you don't come right with the Grants clone give this one a bash.

Hmmm, ok. I used all TFA. Didn't see I copy/pasted Cap.

All my friends seem to love it though. Even the non-vapers love the smell. I think it does come down to personal taste. I think I'm probably along your lines so I'll explore the other recipe next time. For now, I just dashed the remaining bit with some VG. Will see how that goes.

if i had to find a juice whenever i wash my car it would be steeped for 3 mnths
Then you can call it a "Reserve", better yet "Boot Reserve" and sell it for a high price :D

Here's a tweaked version of the Sucker Punch clone, and imo much better. It's just lovely....

All TFA

Dragonfruit 10%
Bavarian Cream 2%
Marshmallow 1%
Strawberry Ripe 2%
Sweet Cream 1%
Vanilla Swirl 4%

Back