Cloud Chasers

My 20g build in the doge

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 56
So all my ADV gear is sorted, mainly: Smok XPro BT50 with Kangertech Subtank 0.5ohm OCC coil @ 30W with 9mg VM mountain Ice which is the all round best for my ADV needs followed by a close 2nd which is a Reo Grand with Cylops dual 0.5 ohm micro coil with the same juice. Reo only came 2nd because I dont have to Sqoank the Subtank.

Now I have sorted that out and not really much need to play around too much more I realized I actually liked playing around so the next part of the journey is to start chasing some clouds and the bigger the better. I am sure many of you have already been down this road so, so that I dont break the bank account playing with 2 dozen RDA and all gages of wire. What is rated best in the cloud chasing gear?

Rob you need something like a dark horse RDA on a high powered device like a sigelei 100 or 150. But this is a tough road to go down and you need a cast iron face.

The best and easiest cloud blowing that I actually enjoy is modified tropical ice in the Atlantis tank with ,5 ohm coil on a mech mod.

25% Tropical Ice
30% PG
45% VG

Sent from my REO filled with VM Menthol Ice with a drop of coconut!

Rob will the air flow be enough on the Dark Horse for really big clouds? Did you look at the link for the CCI RDA, Air flow is huge and adjustable plus with the diagonal air flow it allows huge vapes without it getting hot. Plus you can adjust the position of the center pin to best align flat wire :)

Capture.JPG
and it looks very sexy ;-)
Capture.JPG

Rob will the air flow be enough on the Dark Horse for really big clouds? Did you look at the link for the CCI RDA, Air flow is huge and adjustable plus with the diagonal air flow it allows huge vapes without it getting hot. Plus you can adjust the position of the center pin to best align flat wire :)

View attachment 21174
and it looks very sexy ;-)
View attachment 21175
The Archon from CCI is a really good cloud chasing RDA. I've seen many people who are part of the CCI group praise that RDA.

572488bb8c97f2a738837a3a00af4958.jpg

The mutation X is also good for cloud chasing.

Just got my CLT V3 in vapemail. Much better airflow, driptip options and real estate to build in than my Doge. Can't wait to clean and test drive tonite

Just got my CLT V3 in vapemail. Much better airflow, driptip options and real estate to build in than my Doge. Can't wait to clean and test drive tonite

Okay, so it looks the Doge has been retired (and I only had it for 4 days, LOL). The CLT V3 beats it hands down in almost EVERY department (almost, because the Doge's copper deck components are a dream to work with). On the CLT, Using my same noob build ( 0.3Ohm dual coil 2.5mm 5-wrap 24G with airflow wide open on both) I can do 4-sec hard hits at 110 Watts easily where as the Doge, on the same build, 80 Watts is getting too hot quickly ( I only start getting similar heat at over 120 Watts on the CLT, that's a 50% difference, insane).

These newer cloud RDA's with multilevel airflow (Air slots/holes above, below and level to the coil), like The CLT V3, Mutation X and the CCI, are simply just way more efficient at cooling down the vape than the traditional single slot per coil RDA's. Much safer and less testosterone required.

Currently, mindlessly vaping the CLT V3 all the way down at a more leisurely 60Watts. Tinkering with the airflow. Pretty clever, turn it one way and you can either close all the slots simultaneously, turn it the other and you can stagger the closing of the slots from the top down.

Next Step for me, 22G!

God mod at 150w at 0.50ohms

I didn't @Robert Howes. I'm a novice cloud blower of note... best follow the lunatic in this threads advice rather than mine... I have to say cloud blowing while fun isn't on mt radar in a big way and while I like playing with the game... it's not something I'm going to get into at this stage. I find the low sub ohm builds way too hot and severe! :confused:

My twisted 26g build 3mm id some big coils

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    351 KB · Views: 44
Hey guys,

I'm no cloud chaser, this was first attempt at such a build.

I got a Kennedy 22 dripper from Santa clause.

My build is a single PARALLEL 24g 10 wrap with a 4mm ID.
I have it on a smok cube 2 running at 70W.

uploadfromtaptalk1451243170801.jpguploadfromtaptalk1451243209240.jpg
First attempt
uploadfromtaptalk1451243244436.jpg
Second attempt.

I think it was a good attempt.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Outstanding clouds for a first cloud build @OreO !
Looks like you will be entering the next cloud blowing comp !
You have about two months to practice -->
Great stuff

Back