Clyrolinx - Concentrate Reviews

Calling @Oceanic Vapes.

Pardon the intrusion. I have been longing to develop some mouth watering melon and fruit juices for some time now. Purchased CLY Mango, Pawpaw, Kiwi Fruit, Honey melon, Water Melon, Apple, Pear and Tropical fruit as a starting point.

I have just been smelling the concentrates so long and although all smell great, the Kiwi, Pear, Apple and Watermelon smell so good I am seriously considering licking the bottles. I'm drooling just thinking about it.

I now need to make 10ml samples of each to "learn" the individual flavors before diving into the black arts of mixing them into the potions i have in mind. Any recommendations on single flavor percentages for these? I will search the above so long but hope you can speed up the process.

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Calling @Oceanic Vapes.

Pardon the intrusion. I have been longing to develop some mouth watering melon and fruit juices for some time now. Purchased CLY Mango, Pawpaw, Kiwi Fruit, Honey melon, Water Melon, Apple, Pear and Tropical fruit as a starting point.

I have just been smelling the concentrates so long and although all smell great, the Kiwi, Pear, Apple and Watermelon smell so good I am seriously considering licking the bottles. I'm drooling just thinking about it.

I now need to make 10ml samples of each to "learn" the individual flavors before diving into the black arts of mixing them into the potions i have in mind. Any recommendations on single flavor percentages for these? I will search the above so long but hope you can speed up the process.

Thanks in advance!

Regards
Got Pear, Kiwi, Tropical fruit from the posts before. Will use 3% as a guideline on the rest and report back here. Thanks for all this info, hope to contribute as well.

Regards

Hey Raindance. Have a look at the cly only recipes thread, can put a link in the morning. There somewhere is a link to % for starting on single flavour mixes. Between 3 and 5 % is a good place to start. Err on the side of caution with Cly, they're strong ones.

Sent from my T1-701u using Tapatalk

Guys, please can we ask you to keep these review threads on topic and on reviews
Otehrwise it gets cluttered with other posts and makes it more difficult for future readers to find reviews
May I suggest you rather ask questions like these in another appropriate DIY thread

Concentrate : Honey Melon
Amount : 3.5%
Method : S&V
Notes : On the draw it is like placing a table spoon of honey in your mouth. The honey taste is distinct but the sweetness does not hit you until the start of the exhale. At this % it is almost to sweet although that is a subjective statement. As the exhale progresses the honey tastes makes way for a Golden delicious apple taste as the sweetness dissipates. Not the powdery ones we get locally but the good A grade stuff we export. Fresh and firm. What remains in the aftertaste is best described as the taste of a golden delicious apple peal taste. That fresh almost concentrated apple taste with remnants of the original honey taste lingering in the background, not unpleasant at all.

A bit on the sweet side at 3.5 as an ADV, possibly 3% to 2.5%, depending on taste. Will make an awesome backdrop to a more complex creation. Think that is where I will be going with this.

Regards

(Edit: @Slick )

Concentrate : Apple
Amount : 3.5%
Method : S&V
Notes : Best description is taking a bite from a crisp, cool, fresh and shiny Granny Smith apple. Hints of citrus as a wisp of sour teases your taste-buds while competing for attention with the under stated sweetness of the fresh apple high notes. From my perspective, this is a real apple taste. Skin and all.

Thanx for these @Raindance. I'll give my single CLX flavours a mix up this weekend. Seems most of their concentrates are awesome as single mixes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Several recent posts have been moved to another thread
Please keep posts in this thread on reviews of concentrates only.
Thanks

Concentrate : Cream Soda
Amount : 5%
Method : 1 week
Notes : Just no. 5% is way too much. Tastes like sweeto cream soda syrup drunk straight from the bottle. It's way too sweet for me. It could possibly be better at a much lower percentage so I might try that and will edit here if its any better.

CLY Milktart
I was very excited to test this one. a unique South African flavor, does it live up to the hype though?

The flavor itself is pretty accurate, just thin, light and it definitely lacks body. It only conveys the creamy bits - light, smooth milky creaminess but no egginess. I get a faint cinnamon (or the sensation of cinnamon rather and not really a taste of it) or a pastry base - you would need to use a bit of imagination to fill it up. BUT I love that about this flavoring. It means we are free to play with it and I am already thinking of ways to use this in other recipes. It does have a bit of a plasticy texture to it that bothers me a bit but I am sure its something you can fix, so I am not too stressed about it.

What impressed me the most about this concentrate was how smooth it vapes. Dare I say it is the smoothest vape I have had. It is definitely one of the best in range for Clyrolinx.

Suggested single flavor use rate: 2% - 3% and it is kind of okay to vape as single flavor. Stay tuned I have a tank full of plans for this one. iT NEEDS A PROPER STEEP MINIMUM 10 DAYS.
Throat hit: None

Last edited:
CLY Milktart
I was very excited to test this one. a unique South African flavor, does it live up to the hype though? The flavor itself is pretty accurate, just thin, light and it definitely lacks body. It only conveys the creamy bits - light, smooth milky creaminess but no egginess. It also doesn't include cinnamon or a pastry base - you would need to use a bit of imagination to fill it up. BUT I love that about this flavoring. It means we are free to play with it and I am already thinking of ways to use this in other recipes. It does have a bit of a plasticy texture to it that bothers me a bit but I am sre its something you can fix, so I am not too stressed about it.

What impressed me the most about this concentrate was how smooth it vapes. Dare I say it is the smoothest vape I have had. It is definitely one of the best in range for Clyrolinx.

Suggested single flavor use rate: 2% - 3% and it is kind of okay to vape as single flavor. Stay tuned I have a tank full of plans for this one. iT NEEDS A PROPER STEEP MINIMUM 10 DAYS.
I zander, I totally disagree, the cinnamon milktart does contain cinnamon, and you can pick it up straight away, for me it exactly like milktart should be, it is definitely one of my favourites, maybe check your steeping method, but thanks for the info

I zander, I totally disagree, the cinnamon milktart does contain cinnamon, and you can pick it up straight away, for me it exactly like milktart should be, it is definitely one of my favourites, maybe check your steeping method, but thanks for the info
I'll give it a test tonight again. I just copied this from my old notes today

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I dunno. Just mixed it up at 2% and I am not getting any cinnamon. I've upped it to 4% and I'll give it another vape in the morning with a fresh pallet

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I have tested the CLY Milktart I have in my possession at 2%, 4% and 5%, I get ZERO cinnamon. After asking around a bit a trusted fellow mixer told me that there are two variants one that has cinnamon and one that hasn't. I checked the Clyrolinx website and could not find it but this concentrates was purchased Oct 2016. I am not sure if it had changed since?

To make sure I give a fair review I will buy a fresh bottle and test it again.

CLY Cream Soda
This flavour resembles a moderately sweet and extremely dark, artificial Cream soda syrup. It tastes like undiluted Sweeto at just any percentage I have tried it. I have tried using this from 0.25% to 3% and I have not been able to use it successfully... even after steeping it for a prolonged period. The best I got out of it was using it at 2.50% with heavy creams and even then I still had a hard time stomaching this one. It bullies anything you throw with this ever-present cloying, pungent aftertaste and I cannot think of a single use for it. I don't like this one at all and I don't recommend it.

Suggested single flavor use rate: 2.50% - 3.00%.
Throat hit: None

Last edited:
CLY Banana
This must be one of my top three Clyrolinx concentrates. Like most bananas the flavor is more artificial in nature but does convey authentic banana characteristics. This resembles a ripe banana with a nice hint of that buttery banana flesh, it is extremely sweet so use sparingly. It has a very smooth texture and has a creaminess to it that begs to be paired up with creams.

Suggested Single Flavor Use Rate: 1% - 3%
Throat: Slight

Last edited:
Hi everyone here's my update on cly flavours single mixes.

Note most of these were done at a Base ratio of 70/30 except for the bubblegum which was 60/40 PG/VG

Cinnamon fireball( 1) 2.5% awesome but a bit weak in the exhale
@4% you taste the fireball

Bubblegum 4% liked it @base of 70/30 loved it at the same percentage with a 60/40 base

Musk 5% it's OK not the wow I was expecting. Was getting hints of those pink sweets.

Cookies and cream 5%. Lekker the bomb!!!

Milk tart 5% it's OK dies out abit as the flavour gets muted with time.

Strawberries and cream 5% super tasty better than or the same as cookies and cream

Note I steeped them all for a couple of days.
Shaked and left them in a kettle of water shaked and vaped.

Bubblegum and cinnamon fireball seems to be the only flavours that improves in taste after a week and started loosing it's taste after two months.) might just be me getting vapers tongue)

Made a batch this Friday of:

Amarula 10% tasted it today... Way way to strong getting a chemical smell and taste.
Dropped it to 5% shaked well and will leave it for a week.

Spearmint 5% lovely shake and vape but getting a wierd aftertaste.
Added 4% bubblegum to my 95ml Base and will see how it does during the week.
Will Leave the bottles open in a dark area and see what happens.
I'm thinking of dilution adding a 50ml extra Base and mix the spearmint-bubblegum mix with it dropping its concentrates % to 2 and 3 % and see what I get.

Does anyone have a different view on a single flavour % for bubblegum and doughnut. I want to make a batch of each and am unsure.

I'm thinking of using a 60/40
Pg/VG Base and mixing the concentrates as follows.
Bubblegum 4%
Doughnut 2%

Note : All ingredients are clyrolinx sourced.

Stay tuned for review on doughnut, english toffee, cotton candy, caramel popcorn, cinnamon, condensed milk and menthol, should be posted in a few days

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Hi everyone here's my update on cly flavours single mixes.

Note most of these were done at a Base ratio of 70/30 except for the bubblegum which was 60/40 PG/VG

Cinnamon fireball( 1) 2.5% awesome but a bit weak in the exhale
@4% you taste the fireball

Bubblegum 4% liked it @base of 70/30 loved it at the same percentage with a 60/40 base

Musk 5% it's OK not the wow I was expecting. Was getting hints of those pink sweets.

Cookies and cream 5%. Lekker the bomb!!!

Milk tart 5% it's OK dies out abit as the flavour gets muted with time.

Strawberries and cream 5% super tasty better than or the same as cookies and cream

Note I steeped them all for a couple of days.
Shaked and left them in a kettle of water shaked and vaped.

Bubblegum and cinnamon fireball seems to be the only flavours that improves in taste after a week and started loosing it's taste after two months.) might just be me getting vapers tongue)

Made a batch this Friday of:

Amarula 10% tasted it today... Way way to strong getting a chemical smell and taste.
Dropped it to 5% shaked well and will leave it for a week.

Spearmint 5% lovely shake and vape but getting a wierd aftertaste.
Added 4% bubblegum to my 95ml Base and will see how it does during the week.
Will Leave the bottles open in a dark area and see what happens.
I'm thinking of dilution adding a 50ml extra Base and mix the spearmint-bubblegum mix with it dropping its concentrates % to 2 and 3 % and see what I get.

Does anyone have a different view on a single flavour % for bubblegum and doughnut. I want to make a batch of each and am unsure.

I'm thinking of using a 60/40
Pg/VG Base and mixing the concentrates as follows.
Bubblegum 4%
Doughnut 2%

Note : All ingredients are clyrolinx sourced.
Hey guys

4% on cinnamon fireball is way to high, at 3% it's very strong taste, the cinnamon will even make you cough, I would work on 2.8% and if u really want the fireball burn strong, work on 3%.

Concentrate : Menthol
Amount : 2%
Method : Steeping
Notes : One of the best menthol's I've tasted, gives that cold menthol throat hit. 2% is perfect as single concentrate, if added to a mix use less.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Back