Cubis

So after over a month of using the 1ohm coil non-stop I decided to give my cubis a good clean and use the 0.5ohm coil today.
I changed not because the 1ohm was burnt or maxed out (it will still a decent vape) but because I wanted to try the 0.5ohm.
So far i've used it for +-5 hours and it's too airy for me,

I also found the 0.5ohm too airy for me as well.
Dave

So after over a month of using the 1ohm coil non-stop I decided to give my cubis a good clean and use the 0.5ohm coil today.
I changed not because the 1ohm was burnt or maxed out (it was still a decent vape) but because I wanted to try the 0.5ohm.
So far i've used it for +-5 hours and it's too airy for me, going to stop past Vaperite before uni tomorrow and pick up a pack of the 1ohm coils.
Cleaning was super easy and dried within an hour as well.
I really have no complaints with this tank therefore I see no reason to not use the image below ;)
:winnerwinner:

I also found the 0.5ohm too airy for me as well.
Dave
I had no problems with the 0.5 ohm coil. Currently using the 1.5 ohm Clapton and very satisfying as well. I am easy to please. Have not experienced any spitting with the 1.5 ohm one.

I had no problems with the 0.5 ohm coil. Currently using the 1.5 ohm Clapton and very satisfying as well. I am easy to please. Have not experienced any spitting with the 1.5 ohm one.

For me (with the 0.5ohm) it seemed like sucking in air all the time. I still have a couple of 0.5ohm coils so I will have another go with them.
I also experienced no spitting with the 1.5 ohm Clapton.
Dave

Just had the top airflow control ring oring pop, when I pulled off the ring the split end just flopped out.
Fortunately I have the UD Bellus and in its spares packet there are 2 red orings(too big) and 3 smaller black ones(just right) it needs to be stretched slightly, because its a tad smaller than the original.
IMG_3334.JPG

Well that sucks! would have thought the original O ring should have lasted longer.
Dave

Hi all

Just quick question – is it possible to over tighten the mouthpiece base on the cubis this restricting the airflow?

Hi all

Just quick question – is it possible to over tighten the mouthpiece base on the cubis this restricting the airflow?
No, its a type of bayonet limited rotation thingy.
However, if you use the long chimney meant for the horizontal coil on the RBA, on all the other commercial coils(not that I think it can fit) you will block it off considerably.

Ok new coil prepped and running - changed from 1.5 ohm Clapton to .5ohm SS316 - running power mode 17w and man airflow much smoother and better - don't know if it was user error with the 1.5 but much better now - thanks for the help @Cobrali

Ok new coil prepped and running - changed from 1.5 ohm Clapton to .5ohm SS316 - running power mode 17w and man airflow much smoother and better - don't know if it was user error with the 1.5 but much better now - thanks for the help @Cobrali

I think the airflow is tighter on the other coils, I am using the RBA and it's also 0.5ohm's but I see people are having trouble rebuilding it..if I get through this tank tonight then I will try my hand at the rebuild. Hopefully I can get it right and replicate the 0.5ohms. :)

Not a user error ................... the 1.5 Clapton is quite a tight draw. I have also found it does ease up a little after an hour or so.
There again it could be just my imagination :rolleyes:
Dave

Very tight airflow - I replaced with the .5 SS316 coil airflow is much better is the 1.5 ohm clapton purpose built for a tight draw?

I am impressed with this tank too (based on my experience with the 0.5 ohm coil unit) and cannot wait for the RBA.

Of course, I am weird as I do MTL on basically anything. But, others in this thread have remarked that the tank is better suited for MTL, even on the 0.5 ohm coil. So, the jury is still out as we wait for others to give their experience.
I can get a lung hit out of anything. Tighter draw just suits a hotter vape with a slower inhale thats all. Can actually get some insane clouds this way rather than a free-flowing tank like the Arctic.

All in the metbod in my humble opinion. A tighter draw usually means saving on juice too.

Very tight airflow - I replaced with the .5 SS316 coil airflow is much better is the 1.5 ohm clapton purpose built for a tight draw?

I'm purely MTL so I like the tighter type draw, the 0.5ohm is far too airy for me. That doesn't mean I can't use it I can, but it is not my first preference.
At the end of the day it comes down to personal preferences.
Dave

fca0b41efecf48664efc0d6e8f163fe2.jpg
8b5c264345b17aed4b71a9ccddfaea27.jpg
d1bd41d1cb13c4da766da0eec7ae7f14.jpg
8fd0e398695ced187bff9be7c803a6d6.jpg
347deee7487e15e1c25a2b3239ffa321.jpg
a821340f16edd7cc1245ce89434ac3cb.jpg

So i got a sort of successful vertical build..ohm was too high and burnt easily. 25ga a1 kanthal. 5 wraps. Tried another 2 times and both shorted. Finally just did a horizontal build at 0.47ohms.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Update: horizontal coil works fine. Stuffed the bottom of the coil full of cotton and no spitback apart from the initial one from overwicking.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I was going to buy the RBA for my Cubis but decided to rather just geta few extra .5ohm coils and some DDD.
Now if only I could get some of those small chocolate donuts for reals! Damn you Mr Hardwick! :p

So I only managed to replace the .5ohm coil on Sunday with the 1ohm.
Since I used the 1ohm for over a month with literally no problem I was looking forward to it.
I just had a burnt hit after 3 days?! Has anyone had anything similar?
I've opened the AF fully and i'm dragging without firing to try maybe saturate the wick a bit more.
Still vaping it on the same settings as I did with the old coil, 18w @ 245 degrees celsius with the resistance locked at 1.09.
Maybe it's a dud coil which i'll be happy with, as if the first 1ohm coil I used was at a high standard.
Should anyone have a similar experience, please let me know as well as what you did.
Thanks

So I only managed to replace the .5ohm coil on Sunday with the 1ohm.
Since I used the 1ohm for over a month with literally no problem I was looking forward to it.
I just had a burnt hit after 3 days?! Has anyone had anything similar?
I've opened the AF fully and i'm dragging without firing to try maybe saturate the wick a bit more.
Still vaping it on the same settings as I did with the old coil, 18w @ 245 degrees celsius with the resistance locked at 1.09.
Maybe it's a dud coil which i'll be happy with, as if the first 1ohm coil I used was at a high standard.
Should anyone have a similar experience, please let me know as well as what you did.
Thanks
According to Joyetech the 0.5 ohm coil will give you but a 2 star vaping experience on temperature control vaping. They recommend the 0.5 ohm coil be used for normal variable power vaping - between 15 and 30 W (see below). That it how I used mine - without any problems.

Presume that coil of yours is now useless after the burnt hit? You say you locked the resistance at 1.09, but the coil is a 0.5 ohm coil?

x6rD3uX.jpg

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I had the 0.5 ohm and I didn't enjoy it so I went back to the 1 ohm coil.
The info I mentioned above is all relative to the 1 ohm coil which i've got in my cubis now, not the 0.5 ohm.
Sorry about that @Andre

Sorry for the misunderstanding, I had the 0.5 ohm and I didn't enjoy it so I went back to the 1 ohm coil.
The info I mentioned above is all relative to the 1 ohm coil which i've got in my cubis now, not the 0.5 ohm.
Sorry about that @Andre
Lol, no I did not read properly! Now that I have, it all makes complete sense. Seems to me your 2nd 1.0 ohm coil head was not of the same standard as the first one.

Back