Decisions, Decisions...need Advice Pls

Tom

Vape Enthusiast
VIP
LV

Awards
Hi fellow vapers,

I started vaping 4 weeks ago, enjoying it so much that I stopped cigs a week ago.
I got the EVOD BCC starter kit....now I have decided to go a bit more Pro ;)

I am looking at getting an electronic mod, either:
  1. Sigelei zmax V5 (that would be the starterkit, incl. batteries, charger etc.)
  2. iTaste SVD Express (for this option I need some recommendations on the accessoires)
  3. ProTank 2 or Unitank for either device
Open for all advice :)

I have googled both devices, got a bit of info, but I would like to hear some local opinions and recommendations too. The devices seem to be quite similar, however, at the moment I am still leaning towards the purchase of the SVD.

Thanks,
Tom

SVD+Protank 2 and you styling. I want to try the iclear 30s to see if it is better than the protank though

My advice to you Tom would be to skip the step your looking at and go straight to rebuildables as far as atties are concerned.

You're going to save more money in the long run because in two months from now you're going to want to try them and once you do you'll never go back.As far as mods go, well I'm a mechanical guy, purely because of my love for rebuildables.

The best way to describe this is would read something like this:

You're at a crossroad. You have two options.

A) You go regulated - the VV (Variable Voltage) / VW (Variable Wattage) route

B) You go mechanical

Basically with VV/VW it doesn't matter what atty resistance you use, you can adjust for it. The setback is that many has a watt limit and some have amp limits. If you were to build coils say like ones I use that need to be vaped at over 15 watts with amp draws that can reach 10A you'll not be able to do this. The provari alone only allows for a 3.5 amp limit I think.

The mechanical route limits your Volt output to pretty much 3.7 V so we adjust for this by building different resistance coils. Perk here is that you obtain stellar vapes but it also has set backs and takes way more tinkering.

There is so much to go in here that I can't type up right now, but if you want to run with the big dogs, go mechanical and start learning. If this is not the thing for you go VV/VW. There are great vape setups here too.
The Zmax is a nice little mod for beginners. I used it before I went Mech crazy and I loved it. Get the hypertank for instead. The hypertank is a protank on steroids.

I would go with the protank 2. The unitank is made of plastic, so it limits what juices you can use. For instance, apple cinnamon is a no-go.

As for the device, I'm sure the sigelei and svd are both great. Look at costs perhaps.
I've got the SVD and love it. You just need to buy a couple of batteries, and a charger. I bought my charger from Due South in their flashlight section. Don't buy their batteries. the internal protection on those batteries are too strong, so it triggers the protection on your PV. get the battery from the same place you get the device.

Hi Tom, welcome!
I must say, I am not a "big dog" and I don't think I will ever be. I do this because of the hobby of it and not chasing clouds.I use a Protank 2 everyday on a Evod 650mah battery. Lovely vape and I enjoy it. For some people this will not be enough tho. That being said, I also have a SVD with a RSST RBA on it. Running at 1.3 ohm because of the SVD. Min on SVD will be 1.2 ohm.
I also have Private v2 clone with a clone nimbus RDA @ 0.8 ohm. The protank 2 is really nice. I had some issues with mine in the beginning gurgling juice, but as soon as I changed the coil out with skybluevaping's PT coils, I haven't had any issues with that tank.It is good to first go through everything, understanding the ohms and watts and amps before "hanging with the big dogs". The SVD will learn you a whole lot with all it's settings. Experience the settings and get your sweet spot.

Hi Tom and welcome :)

The Itaste VV is fantastic but it is a very small battery (Only 800Mah) it was my first VV and I loved it, however I stole Gizmos Zmax and I am amazed it is great - I currently use the Zmax with an iClear 30 and I love it! SVD is also a fantastic little mod - if you want to go big and get into the whole rebuildable scene then go for it - I am not the correct person to speak to as I am honestly clueless (Thats a mans game :p )

I personally am not a fan of the protank series - I have had nothing but rotten luck with them - so much so that I reverted back to a CE5 on my itaste and found that better :eek:

Hope this helps :)

Get that Sigelei from Skyblue!
One package, it includes all you need minus the tank, but just add that to the shopping cart.

Thanks for the responses.

I think that I want to go first for a beginners set VV/VW, before I am going to DIY and mech.

What do u guys think about this offer: http://www.skybluevaping.co.za/sigelei-zmax-v5
and then just adding the ProTank 2, I should be good to go?
Alternatively I was considering http://www.vapeking.co.za/ecig-mods/Innokin-itaste-svd-express, but it involves a shopping tour (hate it...) to get the batteries and charger.
Zmax and PT2. Also get a pack of the PT coils they sell in a pack of 5. Best price you will find, and best service as well.

Ok, good to go on that kit from skyblue.....only thing is that there is no more PT2 available. Mini PT good for this mod?

It will work just fine, but is slightly smaller. I think it only hold about 1.6ml of juice. (Dont quote me on that.) Plenty for most vapers. If you vape more than that, you might have to refill it it once or twice.
Then I think the mod does come with a tank, that resembles the protank 1. Might not be such a bad tank. I still love my protank 1, and it is still in daily use along with my pt2.

I would stick with the tank it comes with, then order the pt2 when they have stock again. You can also get the PT2 mini, then use it later when traveling on a smaller ego type device. Perfect for sneaking a vape on a plane,

Ok, good to go on that kit from skyblue.....only thing is that there is no more PT2 available. Mini PT good for this mod?
The mini's o/d is just smaller than the zmax. It will look a bit odd, but will work fine. If you put that mini on your evod batteries, you have a good stealth vaping device.

Alright, all done, order placed! Thanks for your inputs! Now waiting for the delivery....

I actually called them; I think I can expect to vape with the new toy tomorrow :)

Good choice mate , plus when you do go Mech ( cause you will lol ) you will be able to check your resistance via the Zmax. Aslo might be a good thing you didnt get the PT2 as the Dual Coil PT3 has just come out. Stock should be available locally in a few weeks.

yeah, a bit of research always helps. enjoying this local forum so far, to get local xp on the vaping :)

the gear i bought now is anyway intended for home use, even if the mini looks a bit out of place on the ZMax....it won't matter for that reason. And it will look good on my EVOD for out of home use.

I will give you a bit of feedback in the days to come!

yeah, a bit of research always helps. enjoying this local forum so far, to get local xp on the vaping :)

the gear i bought now is anyway intended for home use, even if the mini looks a bit out of place on the ZMax....it won't matter for that reason. And it will look good on my EVOD for out of home use.

I will give you a bit of feedback in the days to come!
O, and remember to post your photos on the Bumpety bump Vapemail thread when you receive your goodies! Always nice to see peoples new kit!

Zmax and PT2. Also get a pack of the PT coils they sell in a pack of 5. Best price you will find, and best service as well.

Got to agree - best service and fast! They will help you (also fast) with anything you need to know, and yes, won't find the coils cheaper so add them to your cart!!

Cool:) - Remember to post pics in the vapemail thread - especially of the 'toy' we include :)

Back