Decisions, Decisions...need Advice Pls

Hi Tom - Most welcome to the forum. Don't be a stranger. Seems to me all vapers go through a process. All start with a basic setup of a battery with some sort of tank (or cigalike disposable - more overseas than here), some move to VV/VW batteries, some move to rebuildable atomizers from tanks, some move to full mechanical. Many vapers are quite happy to stay at a basic setup. Others stay with VV/VW with tanks. Others stay at VV/WW with rebuildable atomizer. Others stay with mechanical mods with rebuildable atomizer. Some like a mix of these. Some always prefer a slim type battery with a mini type of tank. I have only once seen a vaper start off with a full mechanical setup (a Reo with Reomizer 2). My own process was Twisp, eVic monster battery (2 volt settings only) with Vivi Nova tank (later protank), then vision spinner (VV) with mini protank, then Vamo 3 (VV/VW) with protank, then Reo Grand (mechanical) with rebuildable atomizer (Reomizer 2), which was the end game in my instance. I have read so many times of vapers saying they regret spending so much money on ecig equipment before they got to their ideal setup. Fact is, the vast majority of us need to go through the learning experience. Point I'm trying to make - get what you are comfortable with at this stage (which you did - congrats). You, and only you, will know whether you need to try some of the other stuff. BTW - I loved the mini protank above all the tanks I tried, even its bigger brother.

that sounds good :) i am eagerly awaiting the courier now....want to start experimenting asap

Will do all of that....but, I made a typing error with my cell no. and now they were here and could not get hold of me :(

So, looks like tomorrow it will be, however, already getting great service from SkyBlueVaping! I called 15 min ago, from my earlier post here Melinda knew that I was still waiting and followed it up. Then sent me a pm here (as she could not get hold of me on the incorrect number :)).

ok, well, we've updated your account with the new no and gave it to the shipping co as well, so hopefully you will be sorted tomorrow

ok, well, we've updated your account with the new no and gave it to the shipping co as well, so hopefully you will be sorted tomorrow

gr8...they can deliver anytime tomorrow, someone is here all day

wow...got it! its a steam train on steroids! filled the tank with Liqua Apple, played a bit with the settings and I am enjoying it. Good vape and flavour.

Sandton-20131114-00019 (2).jpg

Yes, that was my first thought, even before I read the other posts, that the Mini looks awesome on that. Glad you're enjoying the vape. You have just further widened the chasm between yourself and the stinkies.

Yes, that was my first thought, even before I read the other posts, that the Mini looks awesome on that. Glad you're enjoying the vape. You have just further widened the chasm between yourself and the stinkies.

yip, just created the banner for me too!

wow...got it! its a steam train on steroids! filled the tank with Liqua Apple, played a bit with the settings and I am enjoying it. Good vape and flavour.

Awesome! Looks exactly how I vape it.

Sometimes I struggle to get the mini tank off though as you can't grip the base very effectively (it's kinda sunken) then I realized that top part of the zmax can screw off :)

Awesome! Looks exactly how I vape it.

Sometimes I struggle to get the mini tank off though as you can't grip the base very effectively (it's kinda sunken) then I realized that top part of the zmax can screw off :)

right, thats what i thought at first...did not realize the cone until you mentioned it :)
that is good about forums...exchange of ideas, knowledge and so on

Last edited:
Yep, and I read it on another forum - apparently if you put a protank 2 on, it blocks the air-intake holes of the PT2, but then you take that ring off and all is well again :)

I'm thinking of getting me one of those airflow adjusters though

Yep, and I read it on another forum - apparently if you put a protank 2 on, it blocks the air-intake holes of the PT2, but then you take that ring off and all is well again :)

I'm thinking of getting me one of those airflow adjusters though
Only one?
From what I have read, those things pretty fly off the shelves!
I'm going to try and drill the airhole in the protanks, or add another one. If you see an order for 2 new ones, you know i did something wrong.

If read people drill the center whole of the coil bigger... maybe try that first, coils are cheaper than a whole protank :)

But yah, so those flow regulators the other day at wholesale site - will put that on the wishlist ;)

Just put a Kanger coil in that Sigelei protank and it will perform very well :)

first had the original coil in, screwed the tank on....did not go down to the bottom, and was skew. then i did the same with the kanger coil, still skew. also loose when not down to the bottom. will not attempt any further, dont want to damage the thread....although that leaves me with an unanswered question...is it because of the thread of the tank or ZMax? hope one can see the skew tank, tried my best to capture it.

Sandton-20131115-00031.jpg

have you got one of those 510 to ego connectors lying around? use that to safely test which thread is squif

Maybe try it with the top cap of the Zmax off - can maybe see better what is happening. Does the mini do the same?

Sandton-20131115-00033.jpg

it looks like its the ZMax...that is when its screwed on without coil. One can see the slight difference, which would make a bigger difference on the extension (with tank). if i screw the coil in afterwards, and take coil and base out together, I can screw in the coil another half a turn. Something does not match up here.

Maybe try it with the top cap of the Zmax off - can maybe see better what is happening. Does the mini do the same?
the mini is perfect, its also on the other thread :)

Back