Diy Coil Jig

vaalboy

Reomized
LV

Awards

Anyone care to have a bash at making one of these. Looks absolutely awesome

Here are a few pics from EFC that a member there made. Going to try make one tomorrow.

image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

That's awesome! Very easy to wrap and unwrap!

I was looking at another kinda jig, but this one looks a lot easier!

Here the one I was looking at.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• tapaupload0.jpg
    tapaupload0.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 25
I recon a simple wire coat hanger should do the trick?

I was looking at another kinda jig, but this one looks a lot easier! Here the one I was looking at.
I have one very similar to that. Guy on ECF made them, but has stopped since. Was a bit expensive (around R300 with shipping), but works a marvel, has 2 different sized mandrels. Have an extra one, maybe put it up for auction on this forum:D.
W30BQkW.jpg

I have one very similar to that. Guy on ECF made them, but has stopped since. Was a bit expensive (around R300 with shipping), but works a marvel, has 2 different sized mandrels. Have an extra one, maybe put it up for auction on this forum:D.
W30BQkW.jpg
I will certainly bid on that!

I was looking at another kinda jig, but this one looks a lot easier!

Here the one I was looking at.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
I have one of these and they work pretty cool - only thing I would change is to make the clamp screw (to clamp your wire) a thumb screw or perhaps a strong spring loaded clamp , hate fiddling with little screws, my big fingers cramp up when I have to work with screws that small

Maybe Afri-ville should start making jigs to fund the AT project? @Matthee if you can send me the dimensions I will get quotes to laser cut the stainless steel (I assume it's 304 stainless or is it aluminium?)

Maybe Afri-ville should start making jigs to fund the AT project? @Matthee if you can send me the dimensions I will get quotes to laser cut the stainless steel (I assume it's 304 stainless or is it aluminium?)
It was milled from aluminium and tumbled. The mandrels are stainless steel. Will do the dimensions later.

I really want o start making my own coil but i never done it and look quite difficult

coil making is pretty easy. getting the coil in the right place is the tricky part

I really want o start making my own coil but i never done it and look quite difficult

@andro everyone feels this way at first, but once you get your first coil glowing, it just gets easier from there

image.jpg

Ok made one out of a wire coat hanger. This works like da bomb for noob coilers like me. See coil wick thread for progress update

Approx 1.6mm I think. The zamalek tin might have got in the way.

I was thinking of making the wire one which you can change the part where the coils wraps on so you can fit different id drill bits!

Back