DNA200 Firmware and Escribe Update 2016-08-06 (BETA)

Ezekiel

DNA-o-naught
ECIGSSA Donor
LV

Awards
Hey everyone

For the DNA-ers out there, Evolv Vapor has finally release a new (test) branch update for Escribe and their DNA200 chip!

They've included many features fans have been consistently asking them for. Took them long enough, but seems they've done it properly.

Find it here: http://evolvapor.forumchitchat.com/post/early-firmware-7508618?trail=15

This version features:
(1) a new Materials tab where you can store and transfer material settings onto and from the DNA,
[We've included our Ni200, and Steam Engine's SS316 and Ti1. These will be upgraded in the future, if better data becomes available, and others added if others become common.]
(2) the ability to change a profile's material without EScribe, by holding down all three buttons while locked,
(3) Profile Name and Material Name can be displayed on-screen as custom fields,
(4) profiles now have a "Temperature Dominant" option, making temperature the main adjustment for a profile if you want to do so,
(5) for small batteries, in the Mod tab, you can reduce max continuous and pulse battery input currents,
(6) in Help->Language, you can override the language detection,
(7) Device Monitor has "Simulate Button Presses" for remote testing,
(8) Device Monitor can run Python scripts for scientific study and automation,
(9) the ability to adjust the temperature increment, and
(10) various OS compatibility and miscellaneous improvements.

This means, for those not feeling up for the task, that you can now quickly choose Ni, Ti or SS from the mod itself, and you can set up different profiles to adjust temp or wattage from the main mod screen.

For me, the most exciting part is number 8: Scripting! The first mod to include it!! Which means (I hope - will still check it out) that you can generate a "temp scan" script for regular juice tasting in order to vape at different temps during a single puff.

Its interesting, they keep on building research options into their chip - which means they probably build it as much for themselves (to fully investigate many vaping effects/properties) for future mods, which will benefit all.

Super happiness!

Hey, isn't Escribe supposed to update automatically? I have mine set to auto download but I still seem to be using 1.0.32, there have been updates since this :wondering:

YES! The power adjustment on the device works so much better now :D

It doesn't run away anymore when holding the + or - buttons :dance:

Hey, isn't Escribe supposed to update automatically? I have mine set to auto download but I still seem to be using 1.0.32, there have been updates since this :wondering:

This is still just a beta update, so I think Escribe will update automatically when the update is official. :)

Yes! I've been praying for this:

upload_2016-2-12_12-35-58.png

Which allows you to set up a whole list of different materials (TFR curves), including all the different ones available for SS, and upload them to your device. So you can have one profile but with access to all of your different materials, which will make it muuch easier to try things out and about. I've also noticed that, depending on how new a build/coil is, the ambient temperature as well as the PG:VG of the juice, certain TFR/TCR's work better than others. This makes it actually practical knowledge (because who wants to carry around a laptop while vaping?)

I'm in desperate doubts about this I see it is not having as much but offers simpler I for one am not in , and may I say it looks like the program is the RX system on DNA steroids .:wait:i am wrong and don't really know! Where is the battery thing ee? And know its consuming every pre software I open?o_O

I'm in desperate doubts about this I see it is not having as much but offers simpler I for one am not in , and may I say it looks like the program is the RX system on DNA steroids .:wait:i am wrong and don't really know! Where is the battery thing ee? And know its consuming every pre software I open?o_O
Following what you just said is like trying to decipher the rosetta stone.

well people can twist things and unless you have the real thing one will never know. That new upgrade that's the people and not the stone..SUBJECTIVE ....to me...

well people can twist things and unless you have the real thing one will never know. That new upgrade that's the people and not the stone..SUBJECTIVE ....to me...
I've had a mentally slow day. Might be because I left my rolo at home and I had 2 dry hits in one day.
My throat feels like a homeless person slept in it.
Anyways I think perhaps I should go to bed and approach your posts with a clear head in the morning. :D

It is very rare that I find a thread that I need to read multiple time and then think to myself "huh??"

So lost , can't understand.

@4RML - the battery thing is where you setup you batteries (which dna mod are you using?)

If it's a rolo then you pretty much just ignore the new battery feature .

What features is it lacking ?

The escribe is hugely different from the rx system. The rx is pretty straight forward but the dna allows you to change a lot more. the problem is that if you don't setup the dna properly it's going to seem like a bit of a dumb device.

Is the software hogging resources ? Perhaps uninstall all old versions and restart ?

You're a good, patient an diplomatic mod @shaunnadan ... well done.

@4RML - would you please mind stating again, in as clear a way as possible, your question or problem? If you are having a bad experience with the DNA200 chip, Escribe or any of the new firmware/software updates, Im sure there are a number of people here who would be able to help you instantly. If, by some chance, you are using Google Translate, maybe try posting the problem in your original language and maybe we have a translator somewhere in this community who can help...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

To see the battery thing you have to click on Manufacturer Settings under the MOD Tab to expand it.

After I did the installation mine was like in the image.

Attachments

• 2016-02-13_082825.jpg
    2016-02-13_082825.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 18
Back