DNA200 Firmware and Escribe Update 2016-08-06 (BETA)

For real this is the stuff I am now a firm believer. 100%thanks . UPDATE all done and running..wire wizard all in the bag and working for its worth in the penny...:THESIR:

For real this is the stuff I am now a firm believer. 100%thanks . UPDATE all done and running..wire wizard all in the bag and working for its worth in the penny...:THESIR:
I think you need a philosophers medal!
I certainly fail to follow what you are saying half the time, like most famous philosophers but like some modern philosophers, agreeing to statements we dont understand leads to failed philosophical principles that affect the next generation.

and i was going to sell:PUMPKINFACE: this DNA:punch: to buy a simpler device and noisy cricket still would like the cricket:help:...

and i was going to sell:PUMPKINFACE: this DNA:punch: to buy a simpler device and noisy cricket still would like the cricket:help:...
Ahhh some resemblance of a normal conversation sir.
Why not both? The cricket is only R500 and you can't do TC on it.
download (3).jpg

The noisy cricket makes a nice staple gun for shooting coils through ceilings. Lol

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

The noisy cricket makes a nice staple gun for shooting coils through ceilings. Lol

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
I have some ceiling board work I need to get done. Any recommendations on SS or kanthal and what resistance I should be using to get maximum power for the task?
:D

they need to release a firmware update that allows you to totally disable all the onboard charging electronics. That will revive a ton of dead devices, like mine :worried:;(;(;(;(;(;(

they need to release a firmware update that allows you to totally disable all the onboard charging electronics. That will revive a ton of dead devices, like mine :worried:;(;(;(;(;(;(
Stupid question, have you tried doing a hard reset from escribe?

Edit: apologies for the bad English. Was typing from a cell.

Last edited:
Stupid question, have got tried doing a hard reset from escribe?

Yep, its a hardware fault, the fuse on the charging side popped. which is utterly crazy since.

Its meant to be a 60A fuse, and the board itself is rated to pul 55A max, it had a TC wobble and ran my 0.16 ohm at 200W, which was 53A and the fuse went.

I'm waiting for a burst of energy to attack me, then i'll just bridge the fuse.

There was a post on the Evolv forum where an Evolv employee suggested a client do that... Kinda questionable, but I feel comfortable doing that, because i'm really not using my mod to the limits of my batteries capabilities, and i can work around the odd TC wobble.

Yep, its a hardware fault, the fuse on the charging side popped. which is utterly crazy since.

Its meant to be a 60A fuse, and the board itself is rated to pul 55A max, it had a TC wobble and ran my 0.16 ohm at 200W, which was 53A and the fuse went.

I'm waiting for a burst of energy to attack me, then i'll just bridge the fuse.

There was a post on the Evolv forum where an Evolv employee suggested a client do that... Kinda questionable, but I feel comfortable doing that, because i'm really not using my mod to the limits of my batteries capabilities, and i can work around the odd TC wobble.
ah ok, disregard my previous post :rolleyes:

unhappily :p fuse blew.
What size is the fuse? I cold probably re solder a new fuse provided it's visible to the human eye and provided it's easily sourced.
On a side note, isn't there a warranty on the device?

What size is the fuse? I cold probably re solder a new fuse provided it's visible to the human eye and provided it's easily sourced.
On a side note, isn't there a warranty on the device?

dna200-fuse-replacement-service.png

it is visible, but its a pain in the ass to source. most places that sell them, have an M.O.Q of 1000 units, and the shipping would be like buying the mod all over again.

Warranty really isn't an option, because shipping from zimbabwe to pretty much anywhere is super pricey. So my only real option is to bridge it.

View attachment 45829

it is visible, but its a pain in the ass to source. most places that sell them, have an M.O.Q of 1000 units, and the shipping would be like buying the mod all over again.

Warranty really isn't an option, because shipping from zimbabwe to pretty much anywhere is super pricey. So my only real option is to bridge it.
That looks like a pain in the osophogus to solder!
That's most unfortunate.

This beta update has made me purr like a cat.
The devices is vaping rather smoothly and the ability to change wire types on the fly without plugging into a pc is a bonus.
The SS temp control is a huge improvement making me want to throw ni 200 away!

I tried the SS316 profile on the Uwell Crown SS stock coils and it doesn't seem to work.It keeps on saying temp protected.

Anyone else tried it?

I tried the SS316 profile on the Uwell Crown SS stock coils and it doesn't seem to work.It keeps on saying temp protected.

Anyone else tried it?
I will try it sometime today and get back to you.
What temperature are you set in at?

The tank just get very hot.But hardly now vapor production.

I think it must be the welding on the wires.

The tank just get very hot.But hardly now vapor production.

I think it must be the welding on the wires.
I have read somewhere that the SS coils may have nickel legs but I suspect it's speculation. Have you tried installing the 304SS temp curve for the crown stock coils?

Nope.I haven't.But the TCR settings used to work.

I just tried the default SS316 curve that they supplied on the new version.

But if there is mixed wires used,I am sure it will not work properly.

But normal SS316L wire works perfectly on that profile.

Have you tried monitoring in eScribe to figure out whats happening? It might hit the temp limit (causing heat) but then drop down to absolutely nothing (because of coil fault/hotspot/wicking), causing the lack of vapour?

Super-heated atty's combined with little vapour is usually insufficient wicking or too large ID, in the case of RBAs. Dont know about stock coils though. Is the resistance of the coil more or less the same as what it should be, as stated on the packaging? Is the resistance showing large fluctuations (on the second decimal) when using the atomiser analyser in eScribe?

Ive once had a simiar problem, but that was because I had melted one of the legs after an accidental 200w preheat...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the update.But I am referring to the stock SS coils of the crown tank.

It must be the combination of the wires used.

No fluctuations of resistance.

Normal SS316L wires in a RTA work fine.

I just wanted to see how it works with the crown SS coils.

When running the same SS coil on my SX mini in temp mode with TCR values configured it works with no problems.

Back