DNA200 Firmware and Escribe Update 2016-08-06 (BETA)

Did they remove the functionality of manually configuring TCR values in the new version of escribe?

On the old version one could select custom wire and then configure the TCR values manually.

They moved it (and it confused a hell of a lot of people on the Evolv forums). It is now in the materials tab, under the "Actions" button:

upload_2016-2-18_10-30-12.png

Thanks very much.I will see if I can get it running with the TCR values

OK.I am back in business.TCR configured as 0.0100 using a csv created of steam engine.Running at 45W and 450F.

Thanks for all the help.

Attachments

• 2016-02-18_105041.jpg
    2016-02-18_105041.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 2016-02-18_105108.jpg
    2016-02-18_105108.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 9
Can't upload the CSV due to file extensions not allowed.

But here is the internals of the csv:

Temperature (degF) Electrical Resistivity
-58 0.923064
68 1
212 1.08
302 1.126
392 1.168
482 1.207
572 1.246
800 1.336966667

I think they should add a puff counter

Already there! :) You can set it so that it displays directly on the mod. It gives me anxiety attacks, so I don't normally use it.

upload_2016-2-18_13-2-21.png

There is one on the device monitor as well. You can reset the statistics, and you can have your global (since getting the mod) puff-counter... which is a scary, staggering number.

@SAVapeGear, I put the .25 ohm SS coil in and it vapes ok. It does seem like a cooler vape than before the update but vapour production is good and flavour is good.

Took it up to 270 degrees celcius to get a nice warm vape out of it at 55W.
The TC seems to cut power about 10 to 15 degrees before the temp is reached as opposed to the previous version which would jump above the set limit before cutting power.

OK.I am back in business.TCR configured as 0.0100 using a csv created of steam engine.Running at 45W and 450F.

Thanks for all the help.
Thanks a ton! The TCR value on mine was wrong, yours fixed the issue. I did a quick single coil ss 316l build on my subtank mini and it's vaping nicely, nowhere near the flavour of my aromamizer though. What is the ideal temp setting though? I have it set to 230 degrees celcius and the clouds are meh...

I think the curves work better using Fahrenheit. Anything from from 420 to 520. Up to you to get your sweet spot. Mine is at 450 and 45 watts.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I think the curves work better using Fahrenheit. Anything from from 420 to 520. Up to you to get your sweet spot. Mine is at 450 and 45 watts.

At 220 celcius, I did start to taste burnt cotton though - I'm starting to wonder if TC works properly with SS wire.
I'll try Fahrenheit then.

Also, where did you get the TCR value from?
If you take the CSV directly from Steam Engine, the TCR value is different.

Also ensure that you lock your resistance in and that your preheat punch is set to like 50watts

Ah
Also ensure that you lock your resistance in and that your preheat punch is set to like 50watts

Ah ok . Didn't lock the resistance. Preheat is at 1watt lol.

Thanks a ton! The TCR value on mine was wrong, yours fixed the issue. I did a quick single coil ss 316l build on my subtank mini and it's vaping nicely, nowhere near the flavour of my aromamizer though. What is the ideal temp setting though? I have it set to 230 degrees celcius and the clouds are meh...

Yeah, TCR values for stainless steel varies alot - I'm not sure whether it is just the composition of the wire, or whether production/pulsing messes with its physical properties, but its definitely quite different for each different brand. Generally, if you feel the vapour is too cold (even when you are approaching 300 degrees) then you can increase your TCR value a bit, and vice versa if you feel your vapour is too hot.

Just remember, TC is literally just an (un-callibrated) measure - 250 degrees will give a totally different feel and actual vape temperature in different tanks, depending on the wicking, the build deck space, the airflow and the juice.

I agree with @SAVapeGear - make sure your atty is cold (set it on the table, don't vape on it, for about 15 minutes), and then lock in the resistance. (You can force your mod to give you the "Is this a new coil?" prompt by hitting the fire button when no atty is attached and then attaching an atty).

If you get a burnt taste even though you shouldn't, that means either your TCR curve is too high, your preheat punch is too high, or your wicking isn't up to scratch in combination with an improper TFR curve. I would suggest actually running it in power mode, but observing the temperature so that you can get an idea of how the temperature and power correlates, and where your sweet spot is in terms of power, temperature and clouds/flavour.

That TCR value not working now - I didn't realise last night, but when I changed the TCR value to 0.0100, the mod doesn't read the temps at all, i just see "---" when i fire. I changed it to 0.001 and then it started reading temp again... It shouldn't be this hard LOL

Right, so I saw a YouTube vid by 412JFury. He said that using the SS 304 Steam Engine profile works better than the 316L profile. I did this, uploaded the CSV and it's working now.

Right, so I saw a YouTube vid by 412JFury. He said that using the SS 304 Steam Engine profile works better than the 316L profile. I did this, uploaded the CSV and it's working now.
The 304 SS profile gets hotter than the 316 L profile but I also prefer it.

The 304 SS profile gets hotter than the 316 L profile but I also prefer it.
Noticed that it is a warmer vape yes. To be honest i dont trust that it works 100% so im not going to hold down the fire button and risk ruining the wick. I've set mine to 510f... Will give it a few days before i use it as my daily setup. So for now ive got dual parallel kanthal coils in my aromamizer as my daily driver, and the single ss coil in my subtank.

OK... I'm a little freaked out. I vaped this SS coil for like 10 mins last night and my tongue went numb - like I used a mild local anaesthetic. I thought it was because I ate really spicy Thai food. However, it did it again now! I've never experienced this with Kanthal. Anyone else have this happen to them?

SS Tc is running very smoothly. The output graph is almost flat. You may want to keep your temp lower than before as it seems to only need 200° before it's a fairly warm vape.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back