Drip Tips

The Storm has passed... I have cleaned the deck with the blower and around the house... time to go into the boathouse aka workshop and see if I can shorten some Siam 510's so there is no gap on the Dvarw's. The 510 hole of the Dvarw's is a little shallower than most other RTA's with the result that some off the older Siam tips have a gap which of course is unacceptable.

I did try with the Dremel some time back but the high speed heated up the metal too much and the acrylic started to melt... so today I went manual. Popped the tip into the little vice and used a metal flat file... was a lot easier than I anticipated.
View attachment 200968 View attachment 200969 View attachment 200970 View attachment 200971
Sadly I lost a tip from the heat as well .
We don’t talk about it.

Whoops! Dropped the Dani Mini with Dvarw DL. The Siam tip took one for the team and came off second best!
Siam Drop.JPG

Here we go this is a tester I made at work now to see how it's gonna work if it is gonna work cause my Drip tip broke this morning
Decided what the hell let's try and make my own tips

P.S JUST A TESTER but it works and it's awesome and the material is secret lolIMG_20210128_114558.jpg IMG_20210128_114616.jpg

Here we go this is a tester I made at work now to see how it's gonna work if it is gonna work cause my Drip tip broke this morning

P.S JUST A TESTER but it works and it's awesome and the material is secret lol
Well done @The vaper looks good I would go for a lower profile though but I think it looks Great :campeon:

Well done @The vaper looks good I would go for a lower profile though but I think it looks Great :campeon:
Thanks I can make it as low as is I want busy with other two now the only problem is my dremel is at home and I battle to get the centre perfect then its to determine what size the inner hole needs to be

P.S JUST A TESTER but it works and it's awesome and the material is secret lolView attachment 220693 View attachment 220694
Looking good - when does production starts ?;)

Looking good - when does production starts ?;)
Thank you, was looking at prices last to get myself a mini milling machine and Damm they expensive
So for now I have to rely on my cordless
Might consider production but in the future lol
I need to make some marble tips to see if they gonna work

Keep watching this space it might get interesting

I tend to prefer 510 drip tips rather than 810's even for a RDL draw when i do use an 810 my biggest bug bare is low profile, in fact 510's or 810's i hate it when any part of my lips come into contact with the top-cap!

The most beautiful drip tips ever! Drip Tips from Bill Foster of Drip-Tips Handmade by Bill 18 / 21 +! Absolutely STUNNING workmanship! So happy with them and worth every cent! They are spectacular!
Bills Drip Tips 2.JPG Bills Drip Tips 3.JPG Bills Drip Tips 4.JPG Bills Drip Tips 5.JPG

Last edited:
It was time to Pit Stop the drip tips because of dust collection... so they were all washed in sunlight liquid and rinsed thoroughly and then put in the sun on a towel to dry... as were the drip tip holders.
I have a contact for a great shrink... Shes great. :meparto:all jokes aside marvelous collection. The museum of fish.

All clean and dry.
View attachment 114735

Now ready for sorting!
View attachment 114736
Really old school and wooden tips.
View attachment 114737
@hands tips
View attachment 114738

Overflow @hands tips, 3 titanium and some odds.
View attachment 114739
Whistle tips, some odds and my American Flag tips.
View attachment 114740
Then the tips I use most often... special @hands tips, White Owl and Tripple C tips.
View attachment 114741

Back