ECIGSSA Comp 9 – What Are You Tasting? (The Vape Guy, Drip Society, Carlos' DIY Concoctions)

Stosta

Sith Lord
LV

Awards
ECIGSSA COMP 9 – What are you tasting? - Show and Tell!

Sponsored by The Vape Guy, Drip Society and Carlos’ DIY Concoctions

Competition Closes: Wed 28 March 2018

Show_and_Tell_YT-300x189.jpg

We’re back with another amazing competition for our beloved members of ECIGSSA!

We get to see so many pictures of juices, but rarely get to hear what they actually taste like. With that in mind, we hope that this will help us all find something new and delicious to try!

How to Win:
  • Take a creative picture of a juice you’re currently vaping.
  • Post it in this thread, and give us a concise description of the juice. Tell us what you are actually tasting.
  • Tag one fellow forum member to enter.
Everyone gets two entries!

The A&M team will then choose the ten best entries, based on the creativity of the photo and the description. Those 10 “almost-winners” will then be thrown into the randomiser (well their forum names will anyway), and the first three names will win!

The Prizes

We have three awesome prizes to give away thanks to our fantastic Supporting Vendors, The Vape Guy, Drip Society and Carlos’ DIY Concoctions!

The Vape Guy... http://vapeguy.co.za/

VGLogo4.png

For position number 1 on the random draw, we have a big something from @BumbleBee and @Rincewind !

4 x 30ml juices from the BumbleBee's Flavour Fluid or Modern Classics range (You can choose your flavour and strength)
1 x BumbleTip (Anyone that is available on the site at the time of winning)
1 x Ample Pixie RDTA
1 x Coil Master Vape Case

IMG_0348-500x500.png goon_juicy_bubblegum_002-228x228.jpg ample-pixy-rdta-3-228x228.jpg coil-master-vape-case-228x228 (1).jpg

Drip Society... https://www.dripsociety.co.za/

Drip-Society-Logo-Main-File.png

@Cruzz_33 has generously put up some amazing international juices for spot number 2!

1 x 100ml Killer Kustard
1 x 100ml Killer Kustard Strawberry
1 x 100ml Cloud Nurdz Strawberry Lemon
2 x 30ml Moku Oyatsu White Gummi

DripSociety.jpg

Carlos' DIY Concoctions... http://www.carlossconcoctions.co.za/

CC Logos Final-01_Small.jpg

Position 3 on the random draw will walk away with an epic new stash of DIY things! @NewOobY is giving us a R1000 voucher that you can use on his site for any DIY supplies of your choosing!

Closing Date and Competition Rules

• The competition will close on Wednesday March 28th, 2018 at 5 pm. Entries after that time will not be eligible.
  • Two entries per person
  • The top 10 entrants will be selected by the ECIGSSA Admin and Moderator Team based on creativity and originality and then will be randomly drawn to give us the 3 winners.
  • Winners will be announced soon after the closing date
  • Everyone is welcome to participate in the spirit of this competition, however, members of the Admin and Mod team, vendors, and their staff will not be eligible to win prizes.
  • Only those ECIGSSA members with 50 posts or more when the competition closes will go into the draw.
  • Only those residing in South Africa will be eligible to win the prizes for this competition. Apologies to our international members but you are still most welcome to participate in the thread.

Last edited:
Here are some examples of what we expect guys!

Post 1:

20180314_121300-450x800.jpg

Loving this juice its amazing.

Post 2:

Gringo.jpg

This is Gringo from Wiener Vapes! It's beautifully smooth and nice and fruity. The prickly pear and fig combination is really well balanced with a really nice and cool ice element underlying it.

Conclusion:

Post 1 probably isn't going to win. There's no nice background, it's blurry, and the **** taking the picture couldn't even be bothered to hold the bottle properly! The description also doesn't give us any idea what the juice is about.

Post 2 however looks like a winner! The picture was clearly taken by someone with godly powers! Sharp and focused, with a great background that compliments the juice. The description is to the point, and gives someone a good idea on what to expect if they try it.

Hope that helps guys, remember you get two posts, so let's see what you got for us!

Last edited:
Here are some examples of what we expect guys!

Post 1:

View attachment 125884

Loving this juice its amazing.

Post 2:

View attachment 125885

This is Gringo from Wiener Vapes! It's beautifully smooth and nice and fruity. The prickly pear and fig combination is really well balanced with a really nice and cool ice element underlying it.

Conclusion:

Post 1 probably isn't going to win. There's no nice background, it's blurry, and the **** taking the picture couldn't even be bothered to hold the bottle properly! The description also doesn't give us any idea what the juice is about.

Post 2 however looks like a winner! The picture was clearly taken by someone with godly powers! Sharp and focused, with a great background that compliments the juice. The description is to the point, and gives someone a good idea on what to expect if they try it.

Hope that helps guys, remember you get two posts, so let's see what you got for us!
What was the guy sucking while taking pic 1... clearly his mouth and eyes were distracted.... :D

What was the guy sucking while taking pic 1... clearly his mouth and eyes were distracted.... :D
Guys,

This is another example of a poor entry! Firstly @Christos has forgotten to upload a picture of his juice. And while creative, his description doesn't give us any idea of what he is tasting! :rolleyes:

Where are the entries?! :eek:

@Stosta Waiting for time to get a mal pic man! Haven’t won a thing yet! Need time to be creative

Juice 1

Havana Nightz by JOOSE-E-LIQZ

d2891112860f8447e34411fe112d0bb0.jpg

Ooh, this is class! It's a creamy mild tobacco that is delicious. Makes me want more the more I vape it. Smooth and delicious.

Tagging @Rob Fisher

Last edited:
Red Pill

We met at a very strange time, I felt somehow betrayed; confused and unsure what to do going forward. Oom Rob spoke fondly of you, yet he was the reason behind my initial love affair with XXX. And here he claims he has been vaping you all along. Betrayal ; lies????

Hence I really wanted to hate on you.

I was also confused at the name…Why Red pill? Should it not have been Blue Pill? In order to do the XXX it is a known fact that a blue pill helps a lot more than a Red Pill.

How wrong I was!!!!

I understand the reason behind the lies and betrayal. If it was me I would also have wanted to keep you to myself.

You taste like the morning, when I take my first steps in the morning you are there.

You taste of another blessed day, where I am afforded the opportunity to wake up and do better.

You taste of “normality” , reminding me that I am all good.

You taste of love as I get to share you with the missus, friends and stinky converts.

You taste of happiness, for as far as earthly things go you are right up there with the best of them.

You taste of the end of a long fruitful day, as I lay my head down to sleep

I also taste Menthol, with some fruit mainly litchi in the background, and possibly what makes Red pill so good is the “Jam” that comes in every now and then. Almost like little jam pockets in the juice.

I have vaped 100’s of juices and I tend to get tired of a juice fairly quickly, Red pill just wants you to come back for more

4d38e19b495662570bdb83c6e101f04f.jpg

@antonherbst

Attachments

• 20180221_074725_resized.jpg
    20180221_074725_resized.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Red Pill

We met at a very strange time, I felt somehow betrayed; confused and unsure what to do going forward. Oom Rob spoke fondly of you, yet he was the reason behind my initial love affair with XXX. And here he claims he has been vaping you all along. Betrayal ; lies????

I was also confused at the name…Why Red pill? Should it not have been Blue Pill? In order to do the XXX it is a known fact that a blue pill helps a lot more than a Red Pill.

How wrong I was!!!!

I understand the reason behind the lies and betrayal. If it was me I would also have wanted to keep you to myself.

You taste like the morning, when I take my first steps in the morning you are there.

You taste of another blessed day, where I am afforded the opportunity to wake up and do better.

You taste of love as I get to share you with the missus, friends and stinky converts.

You taste of happiness, for as far as earthly things go you are right up there with the best of them.

I also taste Menthol, with some fruit mainly litchi in the background, and possibly what makes Red pill so good is the “Jam” that comes in every now and then. Almost like little jam pockets in the juice.

I have vaped 100’s of juices and I tend to get tired of a juice fairly quickly, Red pill just wants you to come back for more

View attachment 126109
Not very creative I know, but normal!
Awesome entry @Cornelius ! Love the chirp about the blue pill being more relative to XXX than a red one!

FYI, here's a quote from Morpheus in the Matrix that can clear up your confusion...

"This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill—the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill—you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes. Remember: all I'm offering is the truth. Nothing more."

The standard of RY4 has been raised. A lovely smack of creamy vanilla custard with a hint of tobacco in the distance all rounded with an underlying caramel. Matured with oak this is a winner.

Slash approvesIMG_20180316_122249.jpg

@Paul33 @vicTor

Last edited:
All of man's best friends in one photograph! (only missing my lady hahaha!)

Vaping Birdy Eliquid - Melon Shake.
This flavor was a huge shocker to me, as I absolutely hate melon as a fruit, and every other melon vape I've ever had, and yet, this flavor has become my all time favorite, all day vape.

Initially, I hadn't even wanted to try the flavor, but I gave it the benefit of the doubt and tried it on one of @Shuaib Mayet drippers. Kinda liked it so decided to give it another try.

I'm a major Dessert fan, so I wasn't expecting much from this juice. But i went all out anyways. Chucked dual N80 framed staples in my dead rabbit, high wattage, very warm vape and at that moment I fell in love. The warm vape brings out so much of the shake, with a lighter undertone of sweet, luscious melon, and that appealed unbelievably so to my picky tastebuds.

Two weeks later, I tried it out on my Zeus RTA with a single N80 fused Clapton build, nice cool vape, low wattage, and I got more of the melon out of it rather than the shake, and yet I still enjoyed the flavor with no less vigor than before as the cool fruity melon made for a delectable vape on a warmer day.

I went through 6 consecutive 60MLs of this juice. It was all I vaped at one stage.
And the deal sealer for me was that it ain't a coil and wick killer!!

Amazing flavor guys, give the Vaping Birdy USA E-juice range a try! Extremely flavorful!

I tag @Shuaib Mayet
IMG_1501.JPG

All of man's best friends in one photograph! (only missing my lady hahaha!)

Vaping Birdy Eliquid - Melon Shake.
This flavor was a huge shocker to me, as I absolutely hate melon as a fruit, and every other melon vape I've ever had, and yet, this flavor has become my all time favorite, all day vape.

Initially, I hadn't even wanted to try the flavor, but I gave it the benefit of the doubt and tried it on one of @Shuaib Mayet drippers. Kinda liked it so decided to give it another try.

I'm a major Dessert fan, so I wasn't expecting much from this juice. But i went all out anyways. Chucked dual N80 framed staples in my dead rabbit, high wattage, very warm vape and at that moment I fell in love. The warm vape brings out so much of the shake, with a lighter undertone of sweet, luscious melon, and that appealed unbelievably so to my picky tastebuds.

Two weeks later, I tried it out on my Zeus RTA with a single N80 fused Clapton build, nice cool vape, low wattage, and I got more of the melon out of it rather than the shake, and yet I still enjoyed the flavor with no less vigor than before as the cool fruity melon made for a delectable vape on a warmer day.

I went through 6 consecutive 60MLs of this juice. It was all I vaped at one stage.
And the deal sealer for me was that it ain't a coil and wick killer!!

Amazing flavor guys, give the Vaping Birdy USA E-juice range a try! Extremely flavorful!

I tag @Shuaib Mayet
View attachment 126331
Fantastic entry @Faheem 'Zyzz' Khan !

Just a reminder, you need to tag a fellow forum member for a valid entry
And each person gets 2 entries

So @Cornelius and @Adephi, please edit your entries above and include a tag for them to become valid ;-)

Lets see those entries
Great prizes have been put up by the vendors!

WIN_20180320_01_13_24_Pro (2).jpg

I'm feeling a bit buff tonight, certainly buff enough to vape a blueberry glazed doughnut without fearing that it compromises my sense of unbridled masculinity. Ah, but which blueberry glazed doughnut? This is the veritable Chuck Norris of blueberry glazed doughnuts, and isn't just another blueberry glazed doughnut. Actually, the creator might disagree with me, seeing as he named it, ahem, Another Blueberry Glazed Doughnut. But then he is SlashaLO, a good ole Okie, and they do things different around those parts. As you can see, I am vaping it on my A rig, the mighty Digiflavor Drop atop the beefy Smoant Charon, albeit at a moderate 39W. My 37-year smoker lungs can't take a great deal more than that.

So much for what I'm vaping but what am I tasting? Well, it's the golden triad of blueberries: FW Blueberry, TFA Blueberry Extra and FA Bilberry. So you know it's going to be a somewhat bright, somewhat sweet and tart blueberry with just enough earthiness and bite from the FA Bilberry to avoid going full candy and drag it into actual fruit. The doughnut base is FA Zeppola and FW Yellow Cake, that's got to be tasty, thick, rich and decadent, with the Yellow Cake adding just enough ominously glowing plutonium to assault your vital organs and taste buds with equal vim and vigour. SlashaLO also adds a dab of FA Joy to give it that greasy fried taste that all doughnuts need.

So the blueberry top note and the doughnut base are as conventional as can be. The magic lies in the pairing of the blueberry and the glaze. SlashaLo accomplishes the latter with an alchemy of FA Meringue and FA Torrone, giving that wafer-thin, cracked, grainy sugary glaze feel. It is balanced finely with the blueberry. On the exhale, you get an initial blast of blueberry which gives way to the sugar glaze. It gives the impression of a single integrated flavour, like the blueberry was infused into the sugar to create a vivid purple glaze. Somehow he attains an overall Bavarian Cream vibe (thick and creamy with a maple note) without actually using Bavarian Cream. The end result is a most satisfying blend of bakery, berry and glaze, with each taking its rightful place in the overall vape experience. A top juice if you have the inclination and the flavours to mix it.

@Chukin'Vape @DanielSLP

Last edited:
View attachment 126458

I'm feeling a bit buff tonight, certainly buff enough to vape a blueberry glazed doughnut without fearing that it compromises my sense of unbridled masculinity. Ah, but which blueberry glazed doughnut? This is the veritable Chuck Norris of blueberry glazed doughnuts, and isn't just another blueberry glazed doughnut. Actually, the creator might disagree with me, seeing as he named it, ahem, Another Blueberry Glazed Doughnut. But then he is SlashaLO, a good ole Okie, and they do things different around those parts. As you can see, I am vaping it on my A rig, the mighty Digiflavor Drop atop the beefy Smoant Charon, albeit at a moderate 39W. My 37-year smoker lungs can't take a great deal more than that.

So much for what I'm vaping but what am I tasting? Well, it's the golden triad of blueberries: FW Blueberry, TFA Blueberry Extra and FA Bilberry. So you know it's going to be a somewhat bright, somewhat sweet and tart blueberry with just enough earthiness and bite from the FA Bilberry to avoid going full candy and drag it into actual fruit. The doughnut base is FA Zeppola and FW Yellow Cake, that's got to be tasty, thick, rich and decadent, with the Yellow Cake adding just enough ominously glowing plutonium to assault your vital organs and taste buds with equal vim and vigour. SlashaLO also adds a dab of FA Joy to give it that greasy fried taste that all doughnuts need.

So the blueberry top note and the doughnut base are as conventional as can be. The magic lies in the pairing of the blueberry and the glaze. SlashaLo accomplishes the latter with an alchemy of FA Meringue and FA Torrone, giving that wafer-thin, cracked, grainy sugary glaze feel. It is balanced finely with the blueberry. On the exhale, you get an initial blast of blueberry which gives way to the sugar glaze. It gives the impression of a single integrated flavour, like the blueberry was infused into the sugar to create a vivid purple glaze. Somehow he attains an overall Bavarian Cream vibe (thick and creamy with a maple note) without actually using Bavarian Cream. The end result is a most satisfying blend of bakery, berry and glaze, with each taking its rightful place in the overall vape experience. A top juice if you have the inclination and the flavours to mix it.
Nice one @RichJB ! Although even as someone with a passion for the dark and macarbe, I find that photo quite disturbing! :-D

I wish I had your taste buds! If I can distinguish between two flavours in a single juice I consider myself lucky!

Red Pill

How wrong I was!!!!

View attachment 126109
Not very creative I know, but normal!

@antonherbst

I love your poetic conversation with Red Pill - outstanding! @Cornelius

View attachment 126458

WOW @RichJB what an amazing description!

Back