ECIGSSA Comp 9 – What Are You Tasting? (The Vape Guy, Drip Society, Carlos' DIY Concoctions)

My taste buds only have two distinctions, nice and not-nice!
20 years of stinkies destroyed a fair amount of my tastebuds as well. I would go to a fancy restaurant and order red wine.

"What red wine would you like sir?"
"The dry one"

Waiter proceed to tap from the box...

Awesome Competition @Stosta and thank you to the supporting Vendors - The Vape Guy @BumbleBee @Rincewind
Drip Society @Cruzz_33 and
Carlos' DIY Concoctions @NewOobY
Thank you for the chance :h:

I am currently vaping
Juice # 1

PINK - By Bumblebee - 0 MG
in my Cool Vaporesso Revenger Kit
:clap::clap::clap:
PINK is a Musk flavour mixed with some pink and white fluffy marshmallows - what can I say - :juggle:WOW - when I vape this Awesome yummy juice - it immediately takes me back to my childhood days...being surprised with a little treat - chewing on a packet of those little Musk Sweets and biting into some big soft pink and white Marshmallows. Your tastebuds come alive, bringing you a sweet musk surprise and the softness of those marshmallows - making you go back for more and more. This juice is Tops!
A W E S O M E N E S S in a Bottle.
:star::star::star::star::star:

Fotor_152163901002776.jpg
I will tag @Max

Last edited:
I am also currently vaping
Juice # 2

Chilled Naartjie - By All Day Vapes - 0MG

Chilled Naartjie with light cool menthol - in my EGO AIO ECO Kit.

I love Naartjies - a Beautiful tasty Fruit.
The flavour of this Chilled Naartjie is like biting into a chilled, tangy, juicy, fresh, fruity naartjie on a hot summers day...with a light punch of cool mentol in your throat...such a mouthwatering refreshing taste!

Awesome mouth filled sensations going on while you vape this Chilled Naartjie.

BRB - Excuse me while I step away for some vape - My mouth is now watering for some more Naartjie! :--P:--P:--P
Fotor_152163600317682.jpg
I will tag @Hooked

I am also currently vaping
Juice # 2

Chilled Naartjie - By All Day Vapes - 0MG

Chilled Naartjie with light cool menthol - in my EGO AIO ECO Kit.

I love Naartjies - a Beautiful tasty Fruit.
The flavour of this Chilled Naartjie is like biting into a chilled, tangy, juicy, fresh, fruity naartjie on a hot summers day...with a light punch of cool mentol in your throat...such a mouthwatering refreshing taste!

Awesome mouth filled sensations going on while you vape this Chilled Naartjie.

BRB - Excuse me while I step away for some vape - My mouth is now watering for some more Naartjie! :--P:--P:--P
View attachment 126604
I will tag @Hooked

Fantastic description and photo @Vapessa!

Juice : TKO Lime Milk.
Mod : Nunchaku with SMM

First one to the party is a young innocent lime.
She is drenched in a broth of creamy milk Cadbury's can only dream of emulating.
Strutting about my oral cavity trying to tag every taste receptor in her own game of musical chairs she manages to arouse a depth found in a few other juices.
Secretly hiding a bag of icing which is sprinkled over the lime just before exhale resulting in a mellow sweetened rush of air.
Nicotine is superbly blended as if a compromise has been reached as to not to disturb any other receptors besides those flavour soldiers.
Key lime and lime cold pressed has spawned a gentle giant.
Worthy of the attention of the Dark Knight himself.

Great comp. and thanks to all sponsoring vendors. :)
20180321_192458.jpg 20180321_193434.jpg
20180321_193237.jpg
@shaun2707

Great one @KZOR
Nicely described!

Some awesome entries so far! Guys there's less than a week now to get your entries in!

Juice : TKO Lime Milk.
Mod : Nunchaku with SMM

First one to the party is a young innocent lime.
She is drenched in a broth of creamy milk Cadbury's can only dream of emulating.
Strutting about my oral cavity trying to tag every taste receptor in her own game of musical chairs she manages to arouse a depth found in a few other juices.
Secretly hiding a bag of icing which is sprinkled over the lime just before exhale resulting in a mellow sweetened rush of air.
Nicotine is superbly blended as if a compromise has been reached as to not to disturb any other receptors besides those flavour soldiers.
Key lime and lime cold pressed has spawned a gentle giant.
Worthy of the attention of the Dark Knight himself.

Great comp. and thanks to all sponsoring vendors. :)
View attachment 126615 View attachment 126617
View attachment 126616
@shaun2707

@KZOR What an incredible description!

View attachment 126458

I'm feeling a bit buff tonight, certainly buff enough to vape a blueberry glazed doughnut without fearing that it compromises my sense of unbridled masculinity. Ah, but which blueberry glazed doughnut? This is the veritable Chuck Norris of blueberry glazed doughnuts, and isn't just another blueberry glazed doughnut. Actually, the creator might disagree with me, seeing as he named it, ahem, Another Blueberry Glazed Doughnut. But then he is SlashaLO, a good ole Okie, and they do things different around those parts. As you can see, I am vaping it on my A rig, the mighty Digiflavor Drop atop the beefy Smoant Charon, albeit at a moderate 39W. My 37-year smoker lungs can't take a great deal more than that.

So much for what I'm vaping but what am I tasting? Well, it's the golden triad of blueberries: FW Blueberry, TFA Blueberry Extra and FA Bilberry. So you know it's going to be a somewhat bright, somewhat sweet and tart blueberry with just enough earthiness and bite from the FA Bilberry to avoid going full candy and drag it into actual fruit. The doughnut base is FA Zeppola and FW Yellow Cake, that's got to be tasty, thick, rich and decadent, with the Yellow Cake adding just enough ominously glowing plutonium to assault your vital organs and taste buds with equal vim and vigour. SlashaLO also adds a dab of FA Joy to give it that greasy fried taste that all doughnuts need.

So the blueberry top note and the doughnut base are as conventional as can be. The magic lies in the pairing of the blueberry and the glaze. SlashaLo accomplishes the latter with an alchemy of FA Meringue and FA Torrone, giving that wafer-thin, cracked, grainy sugary glaze feel. It is balanced finely with the blueberry. On the exhale, you get an initial blast of blueberry which gives way to the sugar glaze. It gives the impression of a single integrated flavour, like the blueberry was infused into the sugar to create a vivid purple glaze. Somehow he attains an overall Bavarian Cream vibe (thick and creamy with a maple note) without actually using Bavarian Cream. The end result is a most satisfying blend of bakery, berry and glaze, with each taking its rightful place in the overall vape experience. A top juice if you have the inclination and the flavours to mix it.
@RichJB ! You need to tag someone too!

My favourite flavour is Grape Jam Monster

This flavour takes me back to the dreams I had as a kid. It's sweet, yummy and the purple box and design is just beautiful. The grape tart and sweet profiles come through mingled with melted butter and toast. This flavour on warm toast in the morning would surely have you floating out of bed to the breakfast table. Definitely a monster taste!

@alex1501

Attachments

• IMG_20180322_222245.jpg
    IMG_20180322_222245.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 21
My favourite flavour is Grape Jam Monster

This flavour takes me back to the dreams I had as a kid. It's sweet, yummy and the purple box and design is just beautiful. The grape tart and sweet profiles come through mingled with melted butter and toast. This flavour on warm toast in the morning would surely have you floating out of bed to the breakfast table. Definitely a monster taste!

@alex1501
Great entry @Melis !

If it really tastes like all that I will definitely have to try some!

Good Day ECIGSSA Forum Members

Post #1

The Origin

https://www.ecigssa.co.za/diy-tobacco-recipes.t25083/page-6

The DIY Recipe

CatNipTobac-v2

Forest Fruit FA - 1.5%
Gold Ducat INW - 4%
Maple Syrup FA - 1.5%
Maxx Blend INW - 2%
Vienna Cream FA - 1.75%
Virginia FA - 0.5%
11.25% - 25ml
65/35 - 4 Weeks

The Build

Wotofo SM 25 - CatNipTob-v2
RTA - Single Coil Build
Wire : Ni80
Type : Alien
@smilelykumeenit
Gauge : 3 x 28Ga/36Ga
ID : 3mm
Wraps : 5
Spacing : 0.2mm
Leg Length : 5mm
Mod - VW : Aspire SkyStar 200W
Ohms : 0.29
Watts : 35 to 45
Cotton : Cotton Candy
eJuice : CatNipTob-v2
eJuice Mix : 65/35
Nicotine : 0mg
Mixed : 19/11/2017
Steeped : 3 Months 1 Week
Assembled : 26/02/2018

Tobacco - I believe - requires a pretty Specific and focused Pallet. Thank You @Viper_SA

The Rules of this Competition require a Concise description of what the eLiquids taste like.

DIY Tobacco Mixing takes Tobacco to a complete level on its own - This eLiquid has a slightly sweet - malberry/blackberry flavour - as if you are smoking a pipe with tiny bits of berries mixed in with a mild pipe Tobacco - it is a really smooth inhale with a mild Tobacco taste on the exhale. Very Well Done.
7D8721AA-5EDE-47AA-B033-630F20F6AB79.jpeg

And I am tagging @Tanja

Last edited:
Good Day ECIGSSA Forum Members

Post #2

The Origin @BumbleBee

http://vapeguy.co.za/E-Liquids-vape-juice/Machete-e-liquid-vape-juice-black-coffee

The Build

Geekvape Zeus 24 - Machete
RTA - Single Coil Build
Wire : Ni80
Type : Framed Staples
@smilelykumeenit
Gauge : 4x0.4mm/2x30/40Ga
ID : 3mm
Wraps : 5.5
Spacing : 0.5mm
Leg Length : 5mm
Mod - VW : Asmodus Minikin 180W
Ohms : 0.34
Watts : 38 to 48
Cotton : Cotton Candy
eJuice : The Vape Guy - Machete
eJuice Mix : 60/40
Nicotine : 0mg
Purchased : 26/01/2018
Stored : 4 Weeks
Assembled : 25/02/2018

Coffee is a Beverage that commands World Wide Attention on a Daily Basis because of the wide range of variants that Coffee can be presented in.

The Rules of this Competition require a Concise description of what the eLiquids taste like.

Machete is Coffee - No Sweetener - No Creamer - Just a Brilliant mix of Flavours that makes you feel as though you are drinking hot black coffee from that metal cup in the good old Western Movie - Clint Eastwood’s Coffee Mug - but - there is a slight spice/smokiness present that truly Flavours the pallet upon Inhale and Exhale - Very Well Done.
3557B609-ED10-49A3-9B8E-C9B24D2A101F.jpeg

I’m tagging @Quakes

Last edited:
Getting my creative juices going to also enter the competition. The entries so far are going to require some extra special effort from me though. Well done guys!

See you later. ;)

Regards

Getting my creative juices going to also enter the competition. The entries so far are going to require some extra special effort from me though. Well done guys!

See you later. ;)

Regards

Looking forward!!

Juice 2

LIT Sidechick by Vape Cartel

095e2b555758ad208f216d41f4f4bcff.jpg

Classy, soft and luscious. Fruit medley extravagance. Refined pear and litchi. Fresh and so tasty!
Winner winner juice for me!

@SmokeyJoe

Last edited:
So me and one of my friends was tasked to sand down there wooden table....it was an entire days worth of work so we decided to do it the lazy way and use a grinder with sanding discs...
20180315_154943.jpg
With the back story in place I can give my review.

The juice is "The Raccoon" by "Gravy E-Liquids". It says on the bottle that it is Peanut Butter Jelly flavoured (as you can probably see). The device I used was the Gbox S100 with a O-atty on top runnig a single clapton coil.

So how does it taste you ask...well a lot like wood. Actually it tasted exactly like wood. But that couldn't be right, or could it...?!

So as the day moved on and everything got covered with the wood dust that we made from the sanding process the more this juice I was vaping tasted like wood...even with my mod being in my pocket when not being used.

So the short story is that after a long day of vaping wood I got home, cleaned my atty, took a shower, and rebuild. With a fresh new build I tried the juice again and to my surprise the wood taste was....gone...weg...nie meer daar nie.

Yes I know I know you probably want to know how the juice actually tasted like. Well I can say it doesn't taste like Peanut Butter and Jelly, that is for sure. Actually it don't know what it taste like....it is sweet, maybe jellyish (konfyterig). I don't dislike it, it is just not what it says it is.

So after all this I decided that maybe the juice must stand a bit and steep, maybe then the profiles of the flavours will come through better...

Thank you for reading my story (not really a review)...and as a prize for having to suffer through all the spelling mistakes I give you this beautiful trophy....:campeon:

@Cor @Friep

So me and one of my friends was tasked to sand down there wooden table....it was an entire days worth of work so we decided to do it the lazy way and use a grinder with sanding discs...
View attachment 126920
With the back story in place I can give my review.

The juice is "The Raccoon" by "Gravy E-Liquids". It says on the bottle that it is Peanut Butter Jelly flavoured (as you can probably see). The device I used was the Gbox S100 with a O-atty on top runnig a single clapton coil.

So how does it taste you ask...well a lot like wood. Actually it tasted exactly like wood. But that couldn't be right, or could it...?!

So as the day moved on and everything got covered with the wood dust that we made from the sanding process the more this juice I was vaping tasted like wood...even with my mod being in my pocket when not being used.

So the short story is that after a long day of vaping wood I got home, cleaned my atty, took a shower, and rebuild. With a fresh new build I tried the juice again and to my surprise the wood taste was....gone...weg...nie meer daar nie.

Yes I know I know you probably want to know how the juice actually tasted like. Well I can say it doesn't taste like Peanut Butter and Jelly, that is for sure. Actually it don't know what it taste like....it is sweet, maybe jellyish (konfyterig). I don't dislike it, it is just not what it says it is.

So after all this I decided that maybe the juice must stand a bit and steep, maybe then the profiles of the flavours will come through better...

Thank you for reading my story (not really a review)...and as a prize for having to suffer through all the spelling mistakes I give you this beautiful trophy....:campeon:

@Cor @Friep
Awesome! I might have been tempted by the juice description, but I think I'll pass. Great stuff @Cor !

Decadant Clouds is my go to when it comes to juice.

20180325_155030_HDR.jpg

Freeze Breath is nothing short of amazing, The profile is a watermelon and strawberry mojito.

I use this juice exclusively in my entheon where i get a ice cold mouth feel followed by the refreshing tastes of the subtle watermelon and strawberry mojito and finished off with the ice again.

It is such a refreshing vape and very well balanced flavours.
I cant get enough of this stuff.

@spiv

Last edited:
Back