Ego AIO

I think we need to commission Rob Fisher to do a complete sample test and evaluation of all mass produced coil packs to see how consistent they are given his diligence testing ceramic coils

I think we need to commission Rob Fisher to do a complete sample test and evaluation of all mass produced coil packs to see how consistent they are given his diligence testing ceramic coils

Nooooooo please not... I have nearly lost my mind with these ceramic coils... :eek::confused::confused::confused::confused::-@

BTW @Rob Fisher what is you verdict on the 0.5ohm Ceramic SS316?

I had mine sitting for a couple of hours,first pull, worst dry hit ever or burnt taste.

But I think it was something to do with the wire.

It is getting better.Still to early to tell.

BTW @Rob Fisher what is you verdict on the 0.5ohm Ceramic SS316?

I had mine sitting for a couple of hours,first pull, worst dry hit ever or burnt taste.

But I think it was something to do with the wire.

It is getting better.Still to early to tell.

It's not going too well... I'm going to leave it overnight and try again in the morning... :confused:

I will let it stand overnight but I think they might be winners.

It has more airflow than the 0.9 and it did make better bubbles than 0.9 I had.

I started on 20W,now at 25W.

But my first 0.9 coil also had a little funny taste the first tank.

So I think it will get better and might just be a real winner I think.

I will let it stand overnight but I think they might be winners.

It has more airflow than the 0.9 and it did make better bubbles than 0.9 I had.

I started on 20W,now at 25W.

But my first 0.9 coil also had a little funny taste the first tank.

So I think it will get better and might just be a real winner I think.

I certainly hope so but I'm not convinced... the new 0,9Ω coils I picked up from Sir Vape work beautifully and soak time was only about half an hour. The 0,5Ω coils have been soaking for hours and still dry burnt hit! :-@

I have to me optimistic.Can't sit with another pack of dud coils.

But really,I think mine will settle and perform well tomorrow.

All this coil inconsistency is such a great pity
Especially for vapers not interested in rebuilding

I recall in the days of my mini Protank 2 there were also many inconsistencies with the basic Evod type coils (they seem to have improved nowadays with both myself and HRH still using them, her exclusively and myself just on my Evod1)

Coil inconsistency was one of the reasons for rebuilding. And cost of course.

I am presuming that the higher power of the devices these days makes coil consistency for commercial coils even more challenging. I hope they get things right because vaping needs good consistent performance on a commercial setup.

I'm very late to the party here (and I'm not really saying anything new, mostly just reiterating what has already been said), but since it seems that there hasn't been much discussion of this device lately: I bought a couple for smoker friends this past week and couldn't resist getting one for myself as well and I am BEYOND impressed with this little thing!

I thought I would just be using it as the occasional backup / stealth device; i.e. when I HAD to use it. However, over the last couple of days I find myself almost inadvertently vaping the Ego AIO more and more often BY CHOICE whilst my 'better' mods, tanks and drippers are ready to hand and there is no need for me to stealth vape. The MTL vape (which I've never really gotten a proper hang of until now) on higher nic (I usually vary between 1.5 and 3 mg, but made some 9 mg juices for someone that I didn't get to give them to. I would have thought it would have been way too hectic for me, but actually just very slightly too strong for me on this device) is highly satisfying. As reported above, the battery life is also quite astounding

I've tried both the 0.6 ohm coils that came with the kit and I have had no problems thus far. Very good flavor and no problem wicking up to 70 VG / 30 PG juice (and possibly higher VG as well). I did get some hectic spitback with 60 VG / 40 PG juice for the first few toots after changing from 70 / 30, but thereafter nothing of the sort for a number of refills since. No problems reported to me yet either, so hopefully the coil consistency won't be a major issue (considering the dud coil or two mentioned by other members earlier in the thread)

Overall, it's just amazing how far we've come in quite a short space of time that a complete kit offering this quality of vape is now available to existing smokers for R 350 (R 500 or less with 30 ml of some excellent local juice - the cost of a week or two's worth of cigarettes) and the 'excuses' to not try vaping (besides of course 'popcorn lung', 'water on the lungs', alien mutation etc.) are now basically a thing of the past (startup cost, "too big" and "tried 'smoking' before on a cigalike / Twisp, but not satisfying at all" {the latter reason understandably so IMO} being reasons that I've often heard before from some people unwilling to at least give it a try).

Last edited:
You can replace the coil with the cubis 0.5 ohm SS coil and it opens up device for good lung hits

You can replace the coil with the cubis 0.5 ohm SS coil and it opens up device for good lung hits
Having not tried any other coils yet, I certainly can't say that I 'prefer' the tighter draw and medium warm vape on the 0.6 (also haven't tried the modification to the 0.6 coil that you've demonstrated, but will give that a bash soon); but at the moment I'm personally really enjoying the tighter draw and MTL exactly as an alternative to my usually very open and airy lung hits at around 0.25 - 0.3 builds. I also enjoy the 'newfound' lazy option by not having to rebuild, rewick, or modify anything when I don't want to.

However, the fact that besides its other virtues it is also 'adjustable' (at this price) by being compatible with the 0.5 / modified 0.6 coils for lung hits and 1.0 ohm coils for an even tighter and cooler vape (and theoretically the Cubis RBA coil, but that doesn't seem worth it), makes it even more of a winner and easier to recommend IMO

Just remember to set airflow people think lining up two dots is to loosen cap for refill but it's actually for airflow adjustment

from a noob perspective:
I got mine on friday and have really enjoyed it, tried a couple hits from freinds twisps and never felt like it could replace smoking.
smoked my last cig after work and since getting home and starting using this i haven't even craved a cig. So with no real prior vaping experience I agree with all the other reviewers that this is a good starter kit for quitting cigs, it's still early days but survived a busy long weekend. tomorrow will be a big test. one thing i never saw mentioned is that you can vape whilst charging, but i find it gets hot too fast.

will look into rebuilding (the other reason i chose this one) but that requires more research

Congrats @wahe3bru
Well done on your first few smoke free days! Mighty achievement

This little AIO is a fantastic device for the price! Excellent MTL vape! At around the R350 mark it's gotta be the best value for money device ever!

Reminds me of a couple of iTaste V3 Kit's I got talked into buying with some more Kanger EVODS maybe a couple of years ago. I don't know why I bought any of them (I never liked the first EVODS, T3's PT's bought near 3 years ago for mech tube mods that are also all in a box someplace). Low price, not too bad for starter gear I suspect.

from a noob perspective:
I got mine on friday and have really enjoyed it, tried a couple hits from freinds twisps and never felt like it could replace smoking.
smoked my last cig after work and since getting home and starting using this i haven't even craved a cig. So with no real prior vaping experience I agree with all the other reviewers that this is a good starter kit for quitting cigs, it's still early days but survived a busy long weekend. tomorrow will be a big test. one thing i never saw mentioned is that you can vape whilst charging, but i find it gets hot too fast.

will look into rebuilding (the other reason i chose this one) but that requires more research
Way to go! Well done. I have tried the RBA (rebuildable coil unit), but it was an epic fail for me. Fortunately the commercial coil units are quite long lasting.

Out and about yesterday with the little Aio

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1462257666.899933.jpg

Not a big fan of it yet. Have only vaped a tank or two so far. I quite like the size and the feel but the vape is still not right for me. Needs a bit more experimentation with coils and juices. Running the supplied coil. 0.6 ohm I think.

I like the AIO. I think it's an unbelievably low price for what you're getting. I just feel like it mutes the taste from my juices a bit . . .

used mine with vm menthol only. weird the first day because keep getting dry hits . since day two been awesome for a mtl device ( and price ). using this instead of my reo mini , that is been always designated as a menthol only device

I got mine today and i quite like it :) has anyone tried rebuiding the stock coils yet? Gonna give it a bash on thursday

Does it improve flavour? For me both stock 0,6 ohm coils have been extremely bland. I opened a 2 day old one, with minimum use and the cotton was black inside. Really hoping the 1 and/or 0,5 ohm coils improve things.

Its interesting @Pixstar
I am still using the supplied coil that came with it
Also getting a bland muted taste

Juice is Craft Vapour Melon on the Rocks. I know this juice well. Glorious in the Reo/RM2 with a very "bright" flavour and a strong bite. In the Aio its very dull. The flavour is right down and there is no bite at all.

I will probably have to nuke it with a high menthol juice like @andro is doing.

Its interesting @Pixstar
I am still using the supplied coil that came with it
Also getting a bland muted taste

Juice is Craft Vapour Melon on the Rocks. I know this juice well. Glorious in the Reo/RM2 with a very "bright" flavour and a strong bite. In the Aio its very dull. The flavour is right down and there is no bite at all.

I will probably have to nuke it with a high menthol juice like @andro is doing.
Yeah @Silver really frustrating because it's really a nice device, "glad" to see I'm not the only one experiencing this bland flavour. I've tried Island Ice on it and it's not a nice flavourful vape either. How does your Lime ice do in it?

Back