Forum Status today

anyone else getting this issue or its only me ? I am so tempted to mark it as spam so that I dont keep getting new email notifications for this
You must unsubscribe from the email notifications by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email. That's how I got rid of them

You must unsubscribe from the email notifications by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email. That's how I got rid of them
its the not the notifications from a thread, its the 2FA emails. Below is the email

Faiyaz Cheulkar,

To complete the login to your account (or to complete two-step verification setup) at ECIGSSA - Vape Forum South Africa, you must enter the following code:

12345​

This code is valid for 15 minutes.

The login was requested via the IP 1******. If you did not initiate this request, you should change your password urgently.

its the not the notifications from a thread, its the 2FA emails. Below is the email

Faiyaz Cheulkar,

To complete the login to your account (or to complete two-step verification setup) at ECIGSSA - Vape Forum South Africa, you must enter the following code:

12345​

The login was requested via the IP 1******. If you did not initiate this request, you should change your password urgently.

Nope, have never gotten anything like that

Faiyaz Cheulkar,

12345​

@Faiyaz Cheulkar , did you explicitly enable 2FA on your account profile? If so, you probably enabled it for email.
You do have the option to use 2FA, and it also states that 2FA over one of the supported mobile apps is preferred over email.

It will likely ask for a new 2FA confirmation every time the session expires, hence the frequency of the emails.

If you did not explicitly enable it, you can disable or change the 2FA method in your Profile under the Password and security options:

1646247252838.png

Mine is disabled, as I have to do this more than enough for normal work.

@Faiyaz Cheulkar , did you explicitly enable 2FA on your account profile? If so, you probably enabled it for email.
You do have the option to use 2FA, and it also states that 2FA over one of the supported mobile apps is preferred over email.

It will likely ask for a new 2FA confirmation every time the session expires, hence the frequency of the emails.

If you did not explicitly enable it, you can disable or change the 2FA method in your Profile under the Password and security options:

View attachment 251372

Mine is disabled, as I have to do this more than enough for normal work.

Disabled, thank you so much

Faiyaz Cheulkar,

12345​

Never received this.

I would really like the threads highlighted that have new posts. I keep opening threads that are near the top, but then nothing new has been added. Frustrating to say the least.

We could also expand the little "latest thread updates" window from 20 up to 50 threads which is no longer possible... I'm also missing that

My alerts (the little bell icon at the top) is not showing when there's been activity on threads I follow.

Style changer only changes the top and bottom to dark mode. Would it be possible to impliment a proper dark mode?

Loving the dark mode, but...
Screenshot 2022-03-08 205757.png

1646765950305.png

This just needs to be fixed.

I’ve noticed a significant improvement since yesterday night. The pages are loading faster. We now have a proper dark mode and the emoticons are once again all showing at the bottom of each post. Great job!

I’m still getting a login request when I click on the Members section and that’s very annoying

Not a biggie but since the dark theme update I’m not getting a count indicator on alerts. Again not a big issue but something I noticed.

Not sure if it's just mez but I have no indication of unread threads on dwrk mode. They all look the same

I use RSS which shows the latest posts. When I open a post it takes me to the first page of the thread, not the last page like the old site did. Not fun if a thread may be hundreds of pages long. Makes no sense... ;(

Last edited:

I also keep on getting this. I now understand why it is happening, it just happens the whole damn time. I have a very slow network during the days at work because of our reception here, and I pop into a thread to read the latest post and react. Now I have to justify each reaction, or wait till an entire page of pictures etc. loads before doing so without having it questioned. But I find myself avoiding the forum during the day more and more, because of these small "niggly" type of things because it becomes an irritation. Since the move to the new format, I can honestly say I have spent the least amount of time on the forum that I have spent since becoming active on it.

Few more positive changes made.

1) Bookmarks Feature is back on the forum for those of you who used that extensively before
bookmarks.png

2) Red dot which is now blue is back to let you know exactly how many missing posts you are missing out on.
bluedot.png

3) Additional forum stats are now showing like we had before.
forumstats.png

------------------------------------------

As for the logo for the black theme, we will work on that shortly.

Back