Game Changer homogenizer

As I understand steeping, it is a chemical reaction, and on that basis, mixing will help to a degree, however other than finding some catalyst to speed up the reaction, you would be better off being patient ;)

Yes and no. Steeping is a chemical process, yes. All the components break down and mix (homogenizes over time). This device just speeds up the process. The science behind this is sound.

https://forum.e-liquid-recipes.com/t/here-it-is-turbo-steep/246282

So here's one of many contradictions in their bid to get you to buy into their product ...

Guitarded A Dude With A Vision says; "The processes of oxidation and homogenization are entirely separate things." and then goes on to say; “much of what has become known as the “steeping” process by ejuice makers is actually accelerated oxidation of the flavorings caused by the addition of freebase nicotine.”, yet in the video it refers to using an ultrasonic bath post using the glorified blender to get rid of the aeration, (oxygen in this context).

They need to make up their minds whether steeping is or isn't oxidation, and if it is ... then I would suggest an even better way of "blending" utilising concurrent aeration and mixing than their current offering.

Last edited:
Yes and no. Steeping is a chemical process, yes. All the components break down and mix (homogenizes over time). This device just speeds up the process. The science behind this is sound.

If steeping is a chemical reaction, then simply put, the components evolve into new components. (Components can't break down, they can only convert into new components).
Homogenisation on the other hand is breaking down particle sizes small enough to enable and facilitate a uniform distribution within a fluid.

@Intuthu Kagesi

Actually steeping isn't what is being done with e-liquid. Steeping comes from soaking solids in a liquid as to extract flavor or to soften it. Letting e-liquid sit for a time is to let the different flavors mix and "cure" to produce the final flavor product. It's more "curing" than steeping.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steeping
When I used the term "breaking down" it was in the wrong context, I'm sorry. I meant that the flavor molecules bond with each other to form new flavors and if you homogenize the liquid, you speed this up as flavors struggle to bond and mix in a viscous liquid like VG, so heating it up and homogenizing it will certainly speed this up imo and you can add the nicotine after this process if you're worried that the heating will oxidize the nicotine.
This is how I see this and it makes sense to me. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm not, but this looks legit to me.

@Intuthu Kagesi

Actually steeping isn't what is being done with e-liquid. Steeping comes from soaking solids in a liquid as to extract flavor or to soften it. Letting e-liquid sit for a time is to let the different flavors mix and "cure" to produce the final flavor product. It's more "curing" than steeping.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steeping
When I used the term "breaking down" it was in the wrong context, I'm sorry. I meant that the flavor molecules bond with each other to form new flavors and if you homogenize the liquid, you speed this up as flavors struggle to bond and mix in a viscous liquid like VG, so heating it up and homogenizing it will certainly speed this up imo and you can add the nicotine after this process if you're worried that the heating will oxidize the nicotine.
This is how I see this and it makes sense to me. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm not, but this looks legit to me.

So I agree that by blending, (or homogenizing if you prefer), of a more viscous to a less viscous liquid, that you would end up with a resultant fluid somewhere between the two viscosities, and this would be dependent on the viscosity and volumes of the fluids combined.
I also agree that this viscosity will have an effect in turn on the distribution of any scents, (and flavours) in suspension, sure! ... however;
This assumes that there is no chemical reaction / maturation / steeping happening, either within the flavours and fragrances or between them and the PG / VG and or Nic.
The reality however is that the less viscous, (or thinner), the resultant, the quicker those suspended particulates, (aka non chemically bonded), will settle out, requiring redistribution, (which is indeed what happens to eliquid, requiring a shake before using), however the nose or fragrance in fact improves over this initial period contrary to the settling theory, and implying a chemical reaction of sorts ... confusion!

Whilst I understand chemistry intimately, I'm a newbie WRT eliquid "brewing", and having watched the video offered up, and having read the "justifications", cannot make sense of it for all the contradictions therein, sooooo ... based on the old maxim of; "if it doesn't make sense, you don't have all the information", and or that it's bull####, my search for the truth continues ...

In a sense, yes! ...
The only difference being that in a true homogenizer, the liquid is forced through a mesh guaranteeing a minimum particulate size.
Thanks!! Well I happen to have a dremel and I like to make up stuff. Sometimes things work and sometimes not, maybe will come up with something :)

So I agree that by blending, (or homogenizing if you prefer), of a more viscous to a less viscous liquid, that you would end up with a resultant fluid somewhere between the two viscosities, and this would be dependent on the viscosity and volumes of the fluids combined.
I also agree that this viscosity will have an effect in turn on the distribution of any scents, (and flavours) in suspension, sure! ... however;
This assumes that there is no chemical reaction / maturation / steeping happening, either within the flavours and fragrances or between them and the PG / VG and or Nic.
The reality however is that the less viscous, (or thinner), the resultant, the quicker those suspended particulates, (aka non chemically bonded), will settle out, requiring redistribution, (which is indeed what happens to eliquid, requiring a shake before using), however the nose or fragrance in fact improves over this initial period contrary to the settling theory, and implying a chemical reaction of sorts ... confusion!

Whilst I understand chemistry intimately, I'm a newbie WRT eliquid "brewing", and having watched the video offered up, and having read the "justifications", cannot make sense of it for all the contradictions therein, sooooo ... based on the old maxim of; "if it doesn't make sense, you don't have all the information", and or that it's bull####, my search for the truth continues ...

Well said and we probably won't know until we test it ourselves. I like the idea and I'm willing to take one for the team when finance allows for it. The gadget can be used for other quick "blending" as well so it won't be a total loss if it doesn't work as intended (or hyped if you will).

Welp, I shake like crazy, I can see how the juice mixes. When I leave it a min or two, I have so many bubbles it looks like foam at the top. I shake after that, test, then add nic and shake to simply mix. Works. But steeping still does weird stuff.

Isn't a homogenizer the thing I use to blend my soup? Stick blenders? View attachment 205860
The problem with a blender is that in introduces a lot of air and this isn't ideal when it comes to steeping as increased oxygen leads to increased oxidation. This homogenizer basically moers the living daylights out of all the components forcing them to mix equally. I personally think this gadget will work, much like a sonicator is used to break open cell walls.

Thanks!! Well I happen to have a dremel and I like to make up stuff. Sometimes things work and sometimes not, maybe will come up with something :)

to modify a blender would be relatively easy really ... the holes / slots on the side would need to be blocked and new outlets made on the top, with a fine mesh in them ;) ... remember that they do heat the liquid by virtue of the friction through the mesh, so go easy on how long you run it for too.

You will ideally want some form of stand / clamping mechanism to hold the unit perpendicular, (a couple of mm from the base of the container holding the liquid you wish to homogenize), and you will run it on the highest possible speed, as commercial units typically run upwards of 20 000RPM.

Well said and we probably won't know until we test it ourselves. I like the idea and I'm willing to take one for the team when finance allows for it. The gadget can be used for other quick "blending" as well so it won't be a total loss if it doesn't work as intended (or hyped if you will).
I like that you're prepared to take for the team, however a cheaper and more effective test would be to ask someone who has access to a laboratory homogenizer, to homogenize a percentage of a few flavoured batches at varying times and grades against a control, and ... sample them ;)

Last edited:
The problem with a blender is that in introduces a lot of air and this isn't ideal when it comes to steeping as increased oxygen leads to increased oxidation. This homogenizer basically moers the living daylights out of all the components forcing them to mix equally. I personally think this gadget will work, much like a sonicator is used to break open cell walls.

I agree, however the modifications I suggested should resolve this to a large degree, (moving the outlet to the top of the stick and meshing it), remembering that even the best homogenisers out there aerate up to a point, (including the device we're debating).

There are thousands of old hype threads on this forum to go read on all sorts of vape hardware.
Even if someone will buy this Vape fryer, they will not admit its a pos, history teach us that

There are thousands of old hype threads on this forum to go read on all sorts of vape hardware.
Even if someone will buy this Vape fryer, they will not admit its a pos, history teach us that

I will. To keep others from wasting their money, I will warn them.

I have a friend at a company called Firmenich, https://www.firmenich.com, in the business of flavours and fragrances, that I asked two questions; "Is this Chemistry,Voodoo or both, and; Would homogenization improve any steeping / maturation process", and thought I'd share the answers;

"Your question is a little more complex than your anticipated one word answer of whether my voodoo is magic or chemistry, save to say I'm a blimming Chemist, and that unto itself should answer what's happening within these volatile inhaleables. This is chemistry full stop.

As to the possibility that homogenization would speed up the process. Let me answer that by telling you how we conduct the final stages of our concentrates; We use Silverson L5M Lab Mixers, and although they can mix, emulsify homogenize, disintegrate and dissolve, we use them as glorified kitchen blenders, as to reiterate; This is chemistry, not a voodoo art, and clearly the better mixed the solution, the quicker the reaction time. Furthermore;
The samples are indeed aerated post mixing, to which we use we use a vacuum chamber to remove said aeration. I'm not even going to comment on your suggested Mickey Mouse shake rattle and roll Ultrasonic Cleaner method ..."

He also mentioned that without a Spectrometer to analyse any testing, any results would be subjective and anecdotal.

So my question is, if i use a blender don't add nic and mix the vg+pg and concentrate with a blender would it have any effect on the flavour cause your are adding air to the mix?
I'm just tired of shaking.

So my question is, if i use a blender don't add nic and mix the vg+pg and concentrate with a blender would it have any effect on the flavour cause your are adding air to the mix?

Use your blender, if for no other reason than to save your arm, (and having to explain why your arm is stiff o_O).

First prize would be to place your eliquid into a vacuum chamber post mixing, however the air will settle out on it's own over a couple of hours anyway.

Last edited:

Blender works fine. Same as that hand mixers(stick /wand) thing. The homogeniser is essentially just a small version of the same thing (the one that uses a motor- Dremel,drill etc.) and in the case of the blender in a different form.
If you do a 1-2hr mixing session in the blender with intervals inbetween to get the juice back down and some of the bubbles to settle, you can expect good results after three days. This is still not a miracle cure. Juices still has to steep to achieve best results.

I actually tried to get put on the waiting list for a Game Changer order and this was the reply...

Hello. Thank you for your interest. Due to US Postal Service conditions related to the Covid-19 pandemic, delivery guarantees have been suspended by them and other restrictions appear to be in force. I'm very sorry but am not willing to ship to South Africa or several others at this time. Dan

I actually tried to get put on the waiting list for a Game Changer order and this was the reply...

Just keep the connection. I'm down for one when he's willing to ship.

Back