Goon 24 RDA Two other ways to wick

Waine

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
Hello there

Today I want to share two different ways to coil and wick the Goon 24 with the primary purpose of preventing you from having to constantly remove the cap to re-drip.

It's been done before, but I had such fun today. perfecting this style, I decided to take some pics.

I have been using the first method a few times, and it is effective. The second, is a common method.

IMG_3989.JPG

So the coils are positioned at 45 degrees in opposite directions.

IMG_3992.JPG

Cut a long piece of cotton, about 3X the thickness of the coil, 3 ID, roll it, carefully tear of excess pieces, roll again, feed through. This part takes a bit of practice, I admit, but if you enjoy a challenge...

IMG_3994.JPG

IMG_3996.JPG

Fluff out the bottom pieces as usual. Keep it wispy.

IMG_3999.JPG

Tuck in. The idea is that you want to be able to drip without having to remove the tip cap without getting a dry hit. So you have this little cushion to receive the juice and feed the coils.

IMG_4009.JPG

IMG_4014.JPG

I always test fire the Cotton, when soaked before Vaping. I use a VW mod and give it little revs at 27 Watts.

IMG_4018.JPG

I keep dripping and pulsing to "Burn the cotton in" or to "prep" it, whatever it is called?

IMG_4019.JPG

Now it's almost ready to vape, without removing the cap (so much)

IMG_4032.JPG

IMG_4035.JPG

It's so convenient - so effective.

IMG_4040.JPG

Here is the second method . Much easier. Very much like the first, but you just slot in two pieces of cotton, one in each coil, give it a good fluffing, trim, and tuck. Then cut the heads off.

IMG_4041.JPG

IMG_4045.JPG

IMG_4048.JPG

This second method is effective, but the cotton burns out (on top, on the heads) a little faster than the first method, for some reason.

For me it's worth the effort. And great fun.

"Variety is the Spice of.....Vaping!"

Edit:

I have gone back to 24 GA. I have found that 20 and 22 are more for the "comp", cloud chasers, or if you want to impress your friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Great wicking tip @Waine , thanks

Loved your tutorial and the photos were superb!!

How many drops do you drip in at a time on method 1 ?

Back