Hands up if one of the C-waves rolled you...

Was at doc again this afternoon and just got my blood test results back. The virus is abating so I am out of the danger phase now..
Now I go into recovery mode.
Right now I have exteme fatigue, even walking like 30 meters is diificult and I have to rest.
Wife is also getting better but it also suffering from fatigue and heart strain.

Still a long road to recovery, doc says can take up to 3 weeks

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

@DougP glad to hear that it's abating. Wishing you and your wife strength as you recover.

@DougP so glad for some good news for you guys! Hang in there!

@CJB85 I'm sorry to hear about your wife, hope you can manage supporting eachother and your little man, good luck!

Good Morning All wish everybody a speedy recovery as this thing is taking down families out in the eastern cape.

Sorry to hear about all the hardships everyone is facing.. happy to see that there is some positive progress.. the battle isn't easy and recovery is difficult, one day at a time.. stay strong! You will all be in my thoughts!

There does not seem to be an end in site. What is a concern is the UK with all of their vaccinations, there is a current surge in covid cases.
It seems that the “hope” with the vaccinations is to reduce the number of hospitalisation cases. What are you seeing in the UK, just as many “serious” infections, or fewer of the infections ending in hospital?

It seems that the “hope” with the vaccinations is to reduce the number of hospitalisation cases. What are you seeing in the UK, just as many “serious” infections, or fewer of the infections ending in hospital?

You are correct, lower death rate currently by the looks of it. I read somewhere that experts say current vaccinations will be ineffective within a year.

You are correct, lower death rate currently by the looks of it. I read somewhere that experts say current vaccinations will be ineffective within a year.
I’m waiting for that mutation that is as contagious as the new Delta in India, but that has an Ebola level mortality rate...

We'll probably have to be vaccinated annually, just as we are with the normal flu vaccine.

This might help somebody.

How to help your body during COVID infection.

In this video, Susan Grobler, a Physiotherapist explains how newly COVID-19 infected persons, can assist their immunity during home isolation. She also discuss red flags for possible hospitalisation.

I’m waiting for that mutation that is as contagious as the new Delta in India, but that has an Ebola level mortality rate...

I think we were lucky that the pandemic happened with a virus like Covid 19. If the virus had the dormancy properties of covid but the mortality rate of MERS(40%) we would be in big trouble. The world is now better prepared in dealing with viruses like this now.

China also need to be held accountable for this which is why I believe Trump pulled out of the WHO.

Wishing all a speedy recovery!

My misus has tested positive for the 2nd time.. she had it over christmas, and now its got her again.... she hasn't got many symptoms except for chest pains and occasional shortness of breath...( but we are keeping a damn close eye on her.)

I luckily have tested negative on both occassions, but thats not to say that I'm not a carrier, so isolation - "hello darkness my old friend.."

My misus has tested positive for the 2nd time.. she had it over christmas, and now its got her again.... she hasn't got many symptoms except for chest pains and occasional shortness of breath...( but we are keeping a damn close eye on her.)

I luckily have tested negative on both occassions, but thats not to say that I'm not a carrier, so isolation - "hello darkness my old friend.."
Best of luck!

Wishing your wife a speedy recovery and I hope that it doesn't get you too @Angelskeeper.

Wishing you guys a speedy recovery.

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk

So far we have been fortunate not to have it. Wife went for another test yesterday as she started having a sore throat that turned into a cough. At least that returned negative. The rest of the family hasn't been that fortunate.

My brother have it and went to isolate on a game lodge with a live-in nurse to check up on him. Tough life..
Mother's cousin survived ICU. My dad's brother and his family had it. My dad's aunt in her 90's has it. She had her first injection and say its like bad flu but manageable. Her housemate has been in bed for a couple of days, did not want the jab.

My mom's brother passed away and his wife tested positive.

It's starting to feel more like when rather than if we are going to get. Just have to stay safe and vigilant.

Sorry to hear about your uncle @Adephi
This is scary

So far we have been fortunate not to have it. Wife went for another test yesterday as she started having a sore throat that turned into a cough. At least that returned negative. The rest of the family hasn't been that fortunate.

My brother have it and went to isolate on a game lodge with a live-in nurse to check up on him. Tough life..
Mother's cousin survived ICU. My dad's brother and his family had it. My dad's aunt in her 90's has it. She had her first injection and say its like bad flu but manageable. Her housemate has been in bed for a couple of days, did not want the jab.

My mom's brother passed away and his wife tested positive.

It's starting to feel more like when rather than if we are going to get. Just have to stay safe and vigilant.
Wow dude that’s a whole lot of bad news.

you and your family are in our thoughts!

We have been very lucky so far, especially with SWAMBO's high exposure at the Hospital. My swaarie and SIL recovered completely for wich we are eternally grateful, now it's just MIL that is still on a ventilator in ICU. The good doctors are hopeful, so holding thumbs

We have been very lucky so far, especially with SWAMBO's high exposure at the Hospital. My swaarie and SIL recovered completely for wich we are eternally grateful, now it's just MIL that is still on a ventilator in ICU. The good doctors are hopeful, so holding thumbs
Holding thumbs with you, tell your wife she is a heroine!

Wishing her a speedy recovery. It must be extremely stressful for your wife.

I am feeling TONS better today, I have the occasional phlegmy cough and my taste/smell is still on walkabout.
Franciske is struggling with her breathing and she is panicked about throbbing pains in her lower abdomen. She is trying to get an appointment at the gynae, just to make sure everything is still as it should be.
Luckily her oxygen levels are still looking good.

As I entered the maelstrom, it was overcast and grey

moving through a dark sludge of oily matter, sucking O2 from bubbles that drifted by

Vague shapes appeared and then moved on whilst my body toiled against the chills and aches

No up or down, no side to side just moving un propelled

Jumbled thoughts making sense of no sense

fear dancing with logic

Thanking God for the gift of the brain stem telling the conscious brain that you are in fact not going to die.

Slowly breaking the surface of this reality to realise another exists.

Dressing gown, fluffy slippers and a warm bed, supplemented by science's concoctions.

"Strangers Covid 19 Journey. Days 3,4, 5"

Cousin's wife lost both her parents early in the year to covid. Lost her mother and 40mins later her father followed.

Boss lost her sister on Thursday.

a Buddy passed away an hour ago.

Like @Adephi I also think it's a case of when we get it and not if... Hopefully my "when" is after my vaccination

Cousin's wife lost both her parents early in the year to covid. Lost her mother and 40mins later her father followed.

Boss lost her sister on Thursday.

a Buddy passed away an hour ago.

Like @Adephi I also think it's a case of when we get it and not if... Hopefully my "when" is after my vaccination
Sorry for your loss @baksteen8168. I don't think there is a family that was spared by this pandemic. And some people are still in doubt whether they should get the vaccine or not :facepalm: it's really tragic

Back