Hohm Slice (By Hohm Tech)

@Bear_Vapes iirc the LE has the design on it.

bca2beb03707d311d13cb0bedac8bb5f.jpg

I'm not 100% certain but I think only the LE has this design.

@Raindance Is it possible to Hydro-dip it?
Hi Daniel C, truth be told I have never tried that but think one would need to have a proper base coat in place before trying. Should work then. However, on the raw metal alloy is a difficult material to get paint to adhere to so I doubt it would work as a primary coat.

Regards

(P.S. Nice idea which is growing on me now.)

Let us see how well Hammerite all in one really is. I am hopeful that this will stick better than the original paint at least. Used a round wire brush in the drill press to get all the gray deposits off and really roughed up the surface. Some of the nickel did attach itself to the surface but very uneven and patch patch.
DSC_0405.JPG
I rounded off some of the sharp edges while i had the opportunity.
DSC_0406.JPG
Can not seem to get a proper representation of the colour, its hammered bronze. Looks rather nice.
DSC_0407.JPG
The fact that the first coat of very fine mist spray attached itself to the metal and spread nicely and not act like water on a freshly polished car, gives me some positive indications this might work.

Here's hoping for the best.

I was thinking of using rustoleum cobalt blue flexi grip. It's the same as plasti dip. You can pull it off after a while. Maybe if I fancy a new colour I can pull it off.

Sent from my E2333 using Tapatalk

Finished product. Messed up a few spots handling it before the paint set properly. Will touch these up once i have a positive verdict on how this coating performs.
IMG_20170116_222050.JPG

That looks brilliant man.... Sure you'll get some requests

@Raindance was there any difficulty putting it back together with the paint on due to paint thickness?
Not really although i must add I did spray most of it with the contact joints facing the surface the items were laying on to try and avoid these issues. The negative contact lug that connects under the 510 connection was the biggest challenge as its orientation plays a major role in determining if everything is going to fit back together again. If you plan on doing the same, take pictures of its placement before taking it appart. The 510 connection is a simple press fit once the lock ring holding the negative lug has been removed.

Regards

That looks SICK.
What paint did you use? (brand etc)
Method? (how many coats etc)
Was it a pain to disassemble and reassemble?

Want to do mine so badly!!!
The paint is Hammerite hammered bronze (+/-50/50 paint to thinners), spray painted using a low pressure spraygun, about three coats in ten minute intervals the first one being very thin. As always easy to take appart but note an earlier post on putting back together. The negative lug is a bit of a female dog. Also, the positive wire needs to be desoldered and resoldered to remove and replace the board.

The hardest part is cleaning up afterwards and waiting for the paint to dry. Leave to dry for at least 24 hours.

The paint is Hammerite hammered bronze (+/-50/50 paint to thinners), spray painted using a low pressure spraygun, about three coats in ten minute intervals the first one being very thin. As always easy to take appart but note an earlier post on putting back together. The negative lug is a bit of a female dog. Also, the positive wire needs to be desoldered and resoldered to remove and replace the board.

The hardest part is cleaning up afterwards and waiting for the paint to dry. Leave to dry for at least 24 hours.
I guess it's time I get me a spare mod before spraying mine. Ain't nobody going 24hrs without a vape.

Sent from my E2333 using Tapatalk

thanks a Mill, @Raindance

My Slice is acting weird and I'd like to know if anyone else has noticed this.

I run a 26g 9wrap dual coil and when my battery runs down to 50-40% it stops outputting full wattage.

I'll put it on 40w and above but it doesn't get any stronger it still feels like 30 watts.

This is on the Hohm grown cell and an Ijoy 30A cell.

My Slice is acting weird and I'd like to know if anyone else has noticed this.

I run a 26g 9wrap dual coil and when my battery runs down to 50-40% it stops outputting full wattage.

I'll put it on 40w and above but it doesn't get any stronger it still feels like 30 watts.

This is on the Hohm grown cell and an Ijoy 30A cell.
Is that in normal wattage mode? with all those auto tc things disabled. Have you calculate what vols its should fire for 40W?

Is that in normal wattage mode? with all those auto tc things disabled. Have you calculate what vols its should fire for 40W?
normal wattage mode. Cannot calculate volts as you can move them up and down but the vape stays the same except if you go lower than 30w, then it will scale down.

Put in a fresh battery and it's fine again.

Both batteries are 6 months old and have been rotated so 3 months each.

Maybe this is a characteristic of 26650 batteries but I never noticed it before.

normal wattage mode. Cannot calculate volts as you can move them up and down but the vape stays the same except if you go lower than 30w, then it will scale down.

Put in a fresh battery and it's fine again.

Both batteries are 6 months old and have been rotated so 3 months each.

Maybe this is a characteristic of 26650 batteries but I never noticed it before.
Could be low voltage on the battery. My ipower does not fire more than 60w if my battery level is below 50%. Thats because the volts are too low and i get a weak vape. Just charge the batteries full.

@Sprint I think in the settings there is an option for full insanity or something like that in the advanced settings? I know I read at some point that there are different settings that scale the wattage a bit. Should ramp up to 40w after a second or so?

Think it is just how it curves the power on the uptake?

Will check if I can find the settings when I get hohm ;) , didn't bring it to work today

Could be low voltage on the battery. My ipower does not fire more than 60w if my battery level is below 50%. Thats because the volts are too low and i get a weak vape. Just charge the batteries full.
I wouldn't complain if I could get 60w out of it. I think it must be in need of a firmware update or I'm going to rollback to the previous firmware.

A 26650 @50% battery life is capable of more than 30w that's why I'm scratching my head - and it's 2 separate high quality batteries :(

@Sprint I think in the settings there is an option for full insanity or something like that in the advanced settings? I know I read at some point that there are different settings that scale the wattage a bit. Should ramp up to 40w after a second or so?

Think it is just how it curves the power on the uptake?

Will check if I can find the settings when I get hohm ;) , didn't bring it to work today
thanks for the Suggestion. The insanity settings are only for TC though.

I think the firmware has crapped out.

I wouldn't complain if I could get 60w out of it. I think it must be in need of a firmware update or I'm going to rollback to the previous firmware.

A 26650 @50% battery life is capable of more than 30w that's why I'm scratching my head - and it's 2 separate high quality batteries :(
mine would push out 50watts till the battery completely drained. Maybe try doing the firmware again

thanks for the Suggestion. The insanity settings are only for TC though.

I think the firmware has crapped out.

Hmm, thats not ideal.

Maybe try setting it to 51% Insane or Maximum Insanity in the TC+ Settings and then go back to wattage and see if its better? Maybe just some stupidity of the settings crossing over?

Hmm, thats not ideal.

Maybe try setting it to 51% Insane or Maximum Insanity in the TC+ Settings and then go back to wattage and see if its better? Maybe just some stupidity of the settings crossing over?
will give it a go and let you know.

Loaded old firmware and issue is resolved yay!.

Will try new firmware again at some point.

Back