How hot does e liquid actually get

Stranger

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
To be honest I don't really know the answer to this one, what I do know is if I get a lot of spitback it burns my tongue that can take a day or two to heal.

So what temps is that juice getting to to vaporise 200C + ?

To be honest I don't really know the answer to this one, what I do know is if I get a lot of spitback it burns my tongue that can take a day or two to heal.

So what temps is that juice getting to to vaporise 200C + ?

In theory, your coils / mesh would never go above the boiling temp of the liquids surrounding them, so;
Glycerol has a boiling point of 290°C, and Propylene Glycol of 188,2°C, (at sea level). You can calculate the average based on the VG/PG ratio.
This does not take into account nicotine and various other chemicals in flavors, however it shouldn't affect it markedly, other than the addition of water, which would!

I don't know ,but I can tell you from experience It gets blistering hot.

Good question @Stranger. I've always wondered why Nicotine should be kept in the fridge while we are cooking the cr@p out of e-juice to deliver the same nicotine? Doesn't it get altered through the process?

What is the temperature of lava? That's how it feels when I get spitback while vaping at 95W...

Good question @Stranger. I've always wondered why Nicotine should be kept in the fridge while we are cooking the cr@p out of e-juice to deliver the same nicotine? Doesn't it get altered through the process?

I've often wondered about people storing their Nic in fridges, (I don't!) ... Nicotine oxidizes when exposed to air, and is an exothermic reaction, meaning heat is produced or released during this reaction, however, assuming an airtight container, a fridge wouldn't be necessary, as no reaction is taking place.

The part about cooking the crap out of it also shouldn't have any bearing as the boiling point of nicotine is 247°C .... way above that of PG and VG, meaning it will be carried out by the VG/PG before it has a chance to oxidise much more than free air would do to it.

Ooops correction ... I assumed a 50:50 PG/VG Ratio which I vape, to which the boiling temp would be around 239°C

However in the case of higher percentages of VG to PG, you start exceeding the boiling temperature of Nicotine, and increasing the possibility of oxidation, so the boiling temps are as follows;

Nicotine 247°C
Max PG 188.2°C
50:50 239.1°C
60:40 249.28°C
70:30 259.46°C
80:20 269.64°C
Max VG 290°C

Ooops correction ... I assumed a 50:50 PG/VG Ratio which I vape, to which the boiling temp would be around 239°C

However in the case of higher percentages of VG to PG, you start exceeding the boiling temperature of Nicotine, and increasing the possibility of oxidation, so the boiling temps are as follows;

Nicotine 247°C
Max PG 188.2°C
Max VG 290°C
Now I confused cause I vape in TC mode at 210°c.
According to this I shouldn't get anything at 210°c, like nadda...

Sent from my LM-G900 using Tapatalk
cd9039c703aa3af0c8fac0aeb061c030.jpg

Now I confused cause I vape in TC mode at 210°c.
According to this I shouldn't get anything at 210°c, like nadda...

LOL ... Assuming your mod is accurate enough? ... it is indeed possible to get it to 210°C
If we look at the boiling temperatures data below, (and exclude Nic for ease of calculation), and you set your mod for 210°C with Max PG in your tank, then providing your wick and coil remained wet, the temperature could never go above 188°C.
However ... if you placed 80:20 Juice in the same setup, in theory it shouldn't vapourize, as the boiling temperature is 269.64°C, (somewhat shy of the 210°C you're offering it).

Max PG 188.2°C
Nicotine 247°C
Max VG 290°C

Feel free to confirm the above boiling temperatures, and then you'll see why I doubt the accuracy of TC mods as they can and do boil eliquid, and I would love to know how they measure, (or is it guess-timate), temperature.

LOL ... Assuming your mod is accurate enough? ... it is indeed possible to get it to 210°C
If we look at the boiling temperatures data below, (and exclude Nic for ease of calculation), and you set your mod for 210°C with Max PG in your tank, then providing your wick and coil remained wet, the temperature could never go above 188°C.
However ... if you placed 80:20 Juice in the same setup, in theory it shouldn't vapourize, as the boiling temperature is 269.64°C, (somewhat shy of the 210°C you're offering it).

Max PG 188.2°C
Nicotine 247°C
Max VG 290°C

Feel free to confirm the above boiling temperatures, and then you'll see why I doubt the accuracy of TC mods as they can and do boil eliquid, and I would love to know how they measure, (or is it guess-timate), temperature.
Well something is a miss here...

I am standing here vaping in TC mode on a DNA mod at 210°c, on a Zeus mesh (0.18 ohm @ 50 watts) with a 70vg/30pg juice and it vapes like a dream, big clouds, lotsa flavor.
And yes the mod does throttle the power to keep it consistent with the temp setting so TC mode is definetly working.

I have just set the mod down to 160°c and it still vapes well, although it's a lot cooler and the cloud smaller but still vapable.

Further to that how would a MTL device work then at say 10 watts..I cannot for the life of me see that reaching temps of 250°c plus at 10 watts

Max PG 188.2°C
Nicotine 247°C
Max VG 290°C

36c1b7ea4836455666a4f924c1784605.jpg
d25e5c8254f98baf4912f84b03b649f9.jpg

I'm not for a minute arguing whether you're vaping or not at said mod stated temperatures Doug, however I am quoting scientific data which contradicts what your mod is telling you :eek:
upload_2021-9-27_19-20-40.pngupload_2021-9-27_19-22-20.png

I'm not for a minute arguing whether you're vaping or not at said mod stated temperatures Doug, however I am quoting scientific data which contradicts what your mod is telling you :eek:
View attachment 240206View attachment 240207
This is where I step back and bow out, I do not have enough knowledge or expertise to even try and debate this...

All I can say right now is that the practical side is proving the scientific data completely wrong.
In essence the science says that if you don't heat nic up to 247°c then it will not vaporise. On that fact alone I fail to see then how pod devices, and mtl builds running at 10 watts etc can ever achieve this type of temp to provide the vape they do including the nic hit, unless I'm just stupid.

This would also mean then that the whole concept of TC mode is just a big lie and public hoodwinking

Further to that how would a MTL device work then at say 10 watts..I cannot for the life of me see that reaching temps of 250°c plus at 10 watts

On the rare occasion I use TC I setup temp exactly the same for MTL as i do DL!

On the rare occasion I use TC I setup temp exactly the same for MTL as i do DL!
Exactly my point.
But do you set it for at least 247°c plus to get the nic to vaporise. Given the scientific data if you don't then you will not get any nic.
For interest sake what temp do you vape at in TC mode

This is where I step back and bow out, I do not have enough knowledge or expertise to even try and debate this...

All I can say right now is that the practical side is proving the scientific data completely wrong.
In essence the science says that if you don't heat nic up to 247°c then it will not vaporise. On that fact alone I fail to see then how pod devices, and mtl builds running at 10 watts etc can ever achieve this type of temp to provide the vape they do including the nic hit, unless I'm just stupid

The one line answer is Power and Temperature are not the same thing ... small low power coils in small chambers, aka MTL are very effective, in fact my ADV is MTL at around 10Watts ... my "Cigars" / DL devices come out in the evenings.
As to the Nic having to be boiled ... not necessarily, as it is a molecule in suspension, and is carried out in the PG and or VG.

@Intuthu Kagesi

You should be able to test this for us.. you the guru man...fire up your coil (remember wicked and juiced up) and then test the temp. I would love to see what temp it is..
Right now all I have is one of those temp thingies that you shove up a chickens arse when it's in the oven to check if it cooked or not, me thinks this won't work for a test like this

Just on a point of note here... I am not trying to discredit or argue with you, I just find this hard to wrap my head around as it doesn't make sense as I stand here and vape at 210°c

Exactly my point.
But do you set it for at least 247°c plus to get the nic to vaporise. Given the scientific data if you don't then you will not get any nic.
For interest sake what temp do you vape at in TC mode

At 410 Fahrenheit which equates to 210 Celsius so no would be nowhere near 247 mate!

At 410 Fahrenheit which equates to 210 Celsius so no would be nowhere near 247 mate!
Or even the 240c required for the PG/VG to vaporise either.
See this is why I am so confused and disputing this scientific data cause in practise it is completely different.

@Intuthu Kagesi

You should be able to test this for us.. you the guru man...fire up your coil (remember wicked and juiced up) and then test the temp. I would love to see what temp it is..
Right now all I have is one of those temp thingies that you shove up a chickens arse when it's in the oven to check if it cooked or not, me thinks this won't work for a test like this

I guess I could ... but I already know that the scientific boiling temps are what I'll end up measuring ... Lets see now ... who should I believe ... Chinese marketing vs. the rest of the worlds Scientific community

You can test the principle in a fun way by building a paper pot/jug and boiling water in it over flames

Or even the 240c required for the PG/VG to vaporise either.
See this is why I am so confused and disputing this scientific data cause in practise it is completely different.

So we must just be imagination the e-liquid vaporising lol because the so called scientific data says so! My wife only vapes at 7w and she gets her nic hit just fine and she's refilling often! So that nic hit she must just be imagining and the PG, VG vanishing by magic as it can't be vaporising!

So we must just be imagination the e-liquid vaporising lol because the so called scientific data says so! My wife only vapes at 7w and she gets her nic hit just fine and she's refilling often! So that nic hit she must just be imagining and the PG, VG vanishing by magic as it can't be vaporising!
These temps as well is the wire so how to test the temp of the liquid on the coil prior to vaporisation?

I guess I could ... but I already know that the scientific boiling temps are what I'll end up measuring ... Lets see now ... who should I believe ... Chinese marketing vs. the rest of the worlds Scientific community

You can test the principle in a fun way by building a paper pot/jug and boiling water in it over flames
This goes deeper than Chinese marketing, it goes literally against the entire vape industry and the concept of vaping (freebase vaping). The practical does not match the science.

Once again, I am not discrediting or arguing with you I am merely disputing the scientific data

Back