I Also Love Dogs

24f76b60ef3123153d7fdd549ac162d1.jpg

Sent from my E5633 using Tapatalk

Found these guys hiding in the sugar cane on the farm that I stay in a very bad state on Friday last week. They are all improving well, I am happy with their progress but still concerned about 2 of them. 5 females, I think some heartless swine has dumped them and left them to fend for themselves. Have dewormed them and vet will give them their shots tomorrow. Will keep 2 smallest and find homes for the others (hopefully). Hold thumbs they all make it, myself and my lovely wife will do the best we can.

WP_20180911_15_39_57_Pro.jpg WP_20180911_15_42_17_Pro.jpg

Found these guys hiding in the sugar cane on the farm that I stay in a very bad state on Friday last week. They are all improving well, I am happy with their progress but still concerned about 2 of them. 5 females, I think some heartless swine has dumped them and left them to fend for themselves. Have dewormed them and vet will give them their shots tomorrow. Will keep 2 smallest and find homes for the others (hopefully). Hold thumbs they all make it, myself and my lovely wife will do the best we can.

View attachment 145162 View attachment 145163
Well done on saving these babies!
Please also have a Fecal Egg Count (FEC) done to determine the amount and type of parasites, it may save a lot on a list of ailments and treatments.
And yep, Parvo and Rabies, but they need to be strong enough for these. Those two little ones have me concerned as well, strongs @Neal!

@Caramia is it possible to determine their breed?
It is actually - by DNA testing of hair.
By the looks, and they all look very similar (so not a very mixed bunch of "pavement specials" in their history), I would guess a mix of Ridgeback/Boerboel/German Shepherd, and this is an either/or.

Thanks for replies guys. We refer to these dogs as "skolwanes" in Swaziland and they have a reputation for their resilience and general hardiness so lets hope for the best. Will keep you informed as to how they all get on.

View attachment 145162 View attachment 145163

Bless you for caring and for what you're doing them for them @Neal. How could people be so heartless as to just leave little ones to fend for themselves? Breaks my heart.

Last edited:
It is actually - by DNA testing of hair.
By the looks, and they all look very similar (so not a very mixed bunch of "pavement specials" in their history), I would guess a mix of Ridgeback/Boerboel/German Shepherd, and this is an either/or.
Pretty much like the Africanis we got here, awesome dogs though.

Thanks for posting this @Alex! Too beautiful! I especially loved the ones of the dogs trying to cover the baby. Dogs are such amazing creatures.

There was a heated argument of FB some time ago when someone posted something similar. Many people said that dogs shouldn't be allowed to lick babies, because of their (the dogs') germs. I say BS. Exposure is the best way of building up immunity.

And now ... I'll sit back and watch some heated arguments develop here lol. Let the fun begin...

Thanks for posting this @Alex! Too beautiful! I especially loved the ones of the dogs trying to cover the baby. Dogs are such amazing creatures.

There was a heated argument of FB some time ago when someone posted something similar. Many people said that dogs shouldn't be allowed to lick babies, because of their (the dogs') germs. I say BS. Exposure is the best way of building up immunity.

And now ... I'll sit back and watch some heated arguments develop here lol. Let the fun begin...
I will call BS as well.
Don't see anything wrong with it and it does build immunity.

Babies that get raised in bubbles tend to get a lot more sick more often.

Rescued this dog today from the street with a banged up leg No one has claimed him. Very scared and looks like hes used to get beaten. If i touch his back side he winches. Makes me pissed off.

IMG-20180930-WA0008.jpg

Rescued this dog today from the street with a banged up leg No one has claimed him. Very scared and looks like hes used to get beaten. If i touch his back side he winches. Makes me pissed off.

View attachment 146812
Kudos to you Sir, I know you will be able to get him to trust people again. :campeon:Hope that whomever did this to him will suffer the consequences of this 10 x over.

I was touched by the responses to my OP so thought an update would only be polite. I am happy to report the "skolwane sisters" are all doing well and are in good health. Second round of shots next week and then off to new homes for three of them. I did not give the tiny one much hope of being ok but she has pulled through nicely, except for a little mange which is clearing up thanks to muti from vet. I promised myself I would not get emotionally attached to them, but I have failed in this respect.

WP_20181001_13_48_43_Pro.jpg

I was touched by the responses to my OP so thought an update would only be polite. I am happy to report the "skolwane sisters" are all doing well and are in good health. Second round of shots next week and then off to new homes for three of them. I did not give the tiny one much hope of being ok but she has pulled through nicely, except for a little mange which is clearing up thanks to muti from vet. I promised myself I would not get emotionally attached to them, but I have failed in this respect.

View attachment 146876
Looking at them I can see why you got attached. Thanks for the effort you put in and I know you will only have selected the perfect owners for them.:campeon:

Back