Is local lekker?

So, I made this with 2 CLY flavours, inspired form this one:

Buddha
6% Sweet Lychee (CAP)
2% Mango (CLY)
2% Naartjie (CLY)

A nice and refreshing summer vape. The 2 CLY flavours, only at 2%, overwhelms the Lycheee a tad so I will drop to 1.5% for the next batch.
I did a 70/30, 3% nic.

Nice and simple, no steeping required - shake and vape title worthy...

Original recipe:
8% Sweet Lychee (CAP)
3% Sweet Mango (CAP)
3% Sweet Tangerine (CAP)

This sounds great. Really need some lychee

Hi made another batch of malva pudding.

CLY malva 5%
Vbic 2.5%
CLY Apricot 0.3%
Butter peacan 2%

After two days it's fantastic imo. A winner. Might up the Apricot a tad more next time but loving this one

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

I just mixed Cly Malva with a generic base of FA Meringue, FA Vienna Cream, TFA Vanilla Swirl and Acetyl Pyrazine. I have a yearning to add FA Fuji, FA Walnut and FA Brandy too for a sort of tipsy tart with baked Apple and Walnut topping but I think that might be too complex for my n00b mixing skills. I'll try the simple one first and see how it goes.

I just mixed Cly Malva with a generic base of FA Meringue, FA Vienna Cream, TFA Vanilla Swirl and Acetyl Pyrazine. I have a yearning to add FA Fuji, FA Walnut and FA Brandy too for a sort of tipsy tart with baked Apple and Walnut topping but I think that might be too complex for my n00b mixing skills. I'll try the simple one first and see how it goes.
This also sounds good!

OK, so I have finally got around to testing my single Cly mixes after a looooong steep (3 weeks+). After all the reports of perfumey results I was worried but this is what I've found so far:

Malt (1%): quite a neutral dense inhale, the exhale provides a sweetish malt-caramel particularly on the roof of the mouth. I think this could make an interesting sub for caramel or butterscotch in some mixes.

Cerelac (3%): it does give the impression of instant wheat-based porridge. Think of it as sand-coloured Pronutro with a prominent honey note. I'm guessing this is the Wheat & Honey version of Cerelac rather than the Wheat original. I have no idea how I'd use it, though. It's not a tasty standalone vape.

English Toffee (2.5%): both smelled and vaped the best of all I've tried so far. This isn't hard toffee sucking sweets or snap toffee slabs, it's like the soft melt-in-the-mouth toffee squares you get in boxes. It has a creamy/buttery texture that tends towards milkiness. Definitely not a heavy toffee, it's light and sweet but not cloying.

Condensed Milk (2%): authentic caramel-y CM flavour but it's not the white milky liquid. To me it tastes like it's been heated and caramelised slightly, about halfway between the white original and the thick brown caramel dessert topping that comes in the same style of can. Sweetness is about right but there is a strange dryness to the texture. If they could have got the same milkiness as the English Toffee, this one would have nailed it.

Strawberry (3%): unashamedly artificial Nesquik/pink 'house brand' ice cream flavour. It wouldn't work in a strawberry daiquiri or recipes that require authentic strawberry, but will be viable for ice creams and candies.

Passion Fruit (3%): perfumey, nasty astringent note. It might work at 2% but the flavour is very artificial as well. It smells very identifiably passion fruit but not something I'd want to vape. I would avoid this.

Cherry (2%): I'm getting absolutely nothing from this. I initially used it at 2% with 3% FA Cola as per HIC's Cherry Cola recipe - and only tasted the cola. So I tried it at 2% solo and it's like vaping base. I've increased it now and will try again after a short steep.

Milk Tart (2%): I initially used this at 3% with 3% FA Forrest Berry, and ditched it immediately as perfume. I bumped it down to 2% solo and it smelled dry while steeping. That's how it vapes too. There is a very, very faint flavour which I could best describe as dry Marie biscuit crumbs. And it's right on the edge of perfume, even at that low concentration. I got a slight headache from vaping this and doubt I will try it again at any concentration. This one seems like a bust.

Wow, very well written and described @RichJB

May we move that post to the Clyrolinx Concentrate Reviews thread?
Here
http://www.ecigssa.co.za/clyrolinx-concentrate-reviews.t26602/

Hi made another batch of malva pudding.

CLY malva 5%
Vbic 2.5%
CLY Apricot 0.3%
Butter peacan 2%

After two days it's fantastic imo. A winner. Might up the Apricot a tad more next time but loving this one

Tweaked this a bit more

CLY Malva 5%
TFA VBIC 2.5%
CLY Apricot .5%
FW Butter Peacan 2%
FA Hazelnut 2%

And its YUM, doubt this one is gong to see any steeping have not put it down since mixing last night.

Last edited:
Tweaked this a bit more

CLY Malva 5%
VBIC 2.5%
CLY Apricot .5%
FW Butter Peacan 2%
FA Hazelnut 2%

And its YUM, doubt this one is gong to see any steeping have not put it down since mixing last night.

TFA or CAP VBIC?
I dont know what the difference is but I do have CAP

Had to do an emergency PG and Nic buy today, so I got some Clyrolinx PG and Nic and picked up a couple of test flavors also.

Mixed up:
CLY Malva Pudding 4%
CLY Apricot 0.3%
TFA Whipped Cream 1%

Initial test (Shake and vape)
Can't believe the difference the apricot makes off the bat. Adds a slight sweetness that breaks that heavy coconut I get from the Malva Pudding. Can already see this is going to be damn good.

CLY Creamy Coffee 3%
First impression is that of a slice of white toast, still warm and hot that had some coffee spilled on it. Pretty nice coffee exhale. Not so great toasted bread inhale. Will see how it steeps

CLY White Chocolate 3%
A very creamy sweet vape. Not much of a chocolate taste, to be expected though as white chocolate generally has very little taste. Certainly very smooth mouth feel and a nice natural type of sweetness

White chocolate coffee
CLY White Chocolate 3%
CLY Creamy Coffee 3%
Initial test (Shake and vape):
Combine the notes above and you have it. A very creamy sweet toasted slice of white bread with some coffee spilled on it. The white chocolate adds a rich sweet creamyness to it. Very similar to plain creamy coffee at this stage. Very interested to see how this steeps. Hoping for a nice sweet coffee vape at the end of it. I could definitely make something nice from this if the bread-y taste goes away.

Getting some ideas from @Mike Strawvana I thought I would try this and it worked out quite nice.

Straw-Berry
CLY Strawberries & Cream - 0.75%
CLY Strawberry - 0.75%
CLY Marshmallow - 0.25%
CLY Ice-cream - 3%
CLY Custard - 1%
CLY Cream - 0.5%
CLY Raspberry - 0.4%
CLY Vanilla Moirs - 0.75%
CLY Vanilla Gold - 0.75%
CLY Brown Sugar - 0.25%

I let it sit for just over a week. Longer would probably be better.

You guys had me going with the Malva Pudding so I thought I would play as well.
Took most of what you all rave about and added Vanilla Gold.
Sweet nutty malva pudding and very yummy.

Malva Gold
CLY Malva Pudding - 5%
CLY Ice-cream - 3%
CLY Apricot - 0.5%
CLY Vanilla Gold - 1.5%
CLY Hazelnut - 2% (I might drop this to 1.5)

You guys had me going with the Malva Pudding so I thought I would play as well.
Took most of what you all rave about and added Vanilla Gold.
Sweet nutty malva pudding and very yummy.

Malva Gold
CLY Malva Pudding - 5%
CLY Ice-cream - 3%
CLY Apricot - 0.5%
CLY Vanilla Gold - 1.5%
CLY Hazelnut - 2% (I might drop this to 1.5)

Ok I am the tobacco fan and my son likes all the other stuff.
I thought this was quite nice but he thinks it is terrible. In fact after one pull on his mod he emptied his tank and told me to p!$s off.
I think it is the Hazelnut. I knew it was too strong, I got that from it as well.
Maybe I should drop the hazelnut to 1%.
Dont know if anyone else has mixed this but it would be nice to get another opinion.
Maybe all these juices that I think are so great are actually quite k@k.

Ok I am the tobacco fan and my son likes all the other stuff.
I thought this was quite nice but he thinks it is terrible. In fact after one pull on his mod he emptied his tank and told me to p!$s off.
I think it is the Hazelnut. I knew it was too strong, I got that from it as well.
Maybe I should drop the hazelnut to 1%.
Dont know if anyone else has mixed this but it would be nice to get another opinion.
Maybe all these juices that I think are so great are actually quite k@k.

I think that you are putting too many ingredients in this...

Stick with Malva, VBIC and a touch of apricot. I think all the other additions are making this something it was never intended to be. You don't even need the vbic...it's just adds a little bit of extra sweetness, etc.

The Malva is a good stand alone at 5% and does not really need to be tinkered with at all. Other options added in this group included custard and cream, and again, these killed the original, pure Malva taste.

My suggestion is to keep it simple...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think that you are putting too many ingredients in this...

Stick with Malva, VBIC and a touch of apricot. I think all the other additions are making this something it was never intended to be. You don't even need the vbic...it's just adds a little bit of extra sweetness, etc.

The Malva is a good stand alone at 5% and does not really need to be tinkered with at all. Other options added in this group included custard and cream, and again, these killed the original, pure Malva taste.

My suggestion is to keep it simple...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This is solid advice. 5% Malva with 0.5% Apricot is where its at. Any other additions seem to mellow out the Malva a bit too much

So I kinda forgot about my CLY mixes and tried them again today at just over a month steeping. (last tried them at a week old and wasn't too impressed)

These ones seem to be my best combos (I would make these again) :

1. Malva pudding
5% Malva
2% Ice cream
0.3% Apricot

2. Peanut butter cookies
4% Peanut butter
4% Cookies and cream

3. Creamy berries
4% Berry
2% Condensed milk

As a single flavor the naartjie works well and so does the butterscotch. Both at 4%

Epic fails were the caramel popcorn, red energy and watermelon. All of these still taste very artificial even after a full month. Oh well, I guess you win some and lose some.

Had to do an emergency PG and Nic buy today, so I got some Clyrolinx PG and Nic and picked up a couple of test flavors also.

Mixed up:
CLY Malva Pudding 4%
CLY Apricot 0.3%
TFA Whipped Cream 1%

Can't believe the difference the apricot makes off the bat. Adds a slight sweetness that breaks that heavy coconut I get from the Malva Pudding. Can already see this is going to be damn good.

CLY Creamy Coffee 3%
First impression is that of a slice of white toast, still warm and hot that had some coffee spilled on it. Pretty nice coffee exhale. Not so great toasted bread inhale. Will see how it steeps

CLY White Chocolate 3%
A very creamy sweet vape. Not much of a chocolate taste, to be expected though as white chocolate generally has very little taste. Certainly very smooth mouth feel and a nice natural type of sweetness

White chocolate coffee
CLY White Chocolate 3%
CLY Creamy Coffee 3%
Initial test (Shake and vape):
Combine the notes above and you have it. A very creamy sweet toasted slice of white bread with some coffee spilled on it. The white chocolate adds a rich sweet creamyness to it. Very similar to plain creamy coffee at this stage. Very interested to see how this steeps. Hoping for a nice sweet coffee vape at the end of it. I could definitely make something nice from this if the bread-y taste goes away.
So thought it about time to test some of these again.

Here is what I tasted tonight:

CLY White Chocolate 3%
It's good. Tastes like a milky bar chocolate, without being so sweet. I am amazed at how creamy and smooth it is though. Flavor is a bit weak so will up to 5% for the next test. Overall very good. Not too sweet or intrusive, an almost creamy smooth vape with a hint of white chocolate on the exhale.

White Chocolate Coffee: The steeping did this wonders, it's gone about a billion shades darker as well lol. It's lost most of that toasted bread taste, not a bitter coffee by any means, very creamy and delicious. A nice smooth coffee, tastes like a decent instant coffee, there isn't any dark roasted bean flavor but more a generic instant coffee flavor, the white chocolate ups the sweetness and creaminess. All in all very nice.

That white chocolate sounds good, thanks @Caveman. It's a flavour that most seem to do but nobody has really nailed. I think a Milky Bar biscuits with perhaps some fruits would be excellent.

That white chocolate sounds good, thanks @Caveman. It's a flavour that most seem to do but nobody has really nailed. I think a Milky Bar biscuits with perhaps some fruits would be excellent.
Could be very good with fruits. I was just testing something else in my dripper, a pineapple peach mix I am working on and it actually complimented the fruits very nicely. I am going to experiment with it in my next fruit mixes as well. I am thinking some white chocolate and peach could be a different take on the peaches and cream.

Back