Kayfun 5

@incredible_hullk why not both?
I'm going for the skyline too but I think they will both have their place for a specific juice and a specific requirement.

@Ash I have had clone kayfuns and they all leaked. The authentic has not leaked on me once and I have been running it daily for over a week. I was honestly expecting the authentic to leak but no such bad luck!

I think most people would say skyline maybe cos its easier to get right now due to the group buy, but honestly unless you have both authentics in hand to decide, its going to be a hard decision.
@incredible_hullk why not both?
I'm going for the skyline too but I think they will both have their place for a specific juice and a specific requirement.

@Ash I have had clone kayfuns and they all leaked. The authentic has not leaked on me once and I have been running it daily for over a week. I was honestly expecting the authentic to leak but no such bad luck!

That's the problem bud, we here in SA, only get easy access to clones and that's where problem starts. We try, and get put of the brand as a whole cos of stupid problems which may NOT arise from the original. Skyline was my first Authentic RTA and yet to date no issues (except for a leak that I caused by filling tank without closing juice control). But going forward I have now learnt NEVER BUY A CLONE to decide. Buy Authentic or don't have at all.

Sxk came out recently with the Kayfun 5 mini which Svoemesto never has. It is exactly the same as the Kayfun 5 with a shorter glass chamber. Hence some say a lot more flavour. Has anyone else tried it? I have 3 and have never been so satisfied with a tank. I would like the authentic but there isn't one!

Owners or past owners of the authentic - worth the money?
How's the flavour compared to flavour rta's like a Petri RTA or Serpent Mini?

Authentic is 100% worth the money. Build quality is superb. Comes with both the long screws and short (depending on what wire you plan to use)

vs Serpent : Flavour is more full bodied. Not by a long mile but noticeable. Also the overall package: the KF is easier to build on, less prone to leak, higher juice capacity. Airflow on these two tanks is also way different. Kayfun 5 is far more restrictive.

Airflow is so smooth and flavour is exceptional.

Do it. Do it now

I have both the Kayfun V3 mini (clone) as well as the SXK Kayfun V5 mini.
Now as @Ryangriffon mentioned above, SvoeMesto does not make a Kayfun V5 mini, so this is in actual fact an "original SXK tank".

My experience thus far:
V3 mini (clone) has the best flavour. Only hassle is those "wrap-around-screws" - you must wrap your wire tightly around the screws before screwing them down.
V5 mini - too loose for MTL FOR ME and a little too tight for DL FOR ME. Good flavour but not as good as the V3 mini and screwing the wire down is a piece of cake because those posts are just so great.

I see that SvoeMesto has released a Kayfun V5 MTL kit which has 3 tube inserts with inner diameters of 1.2, 1.4 and 1.6mm to restrict airflow (have not tried it). Works on the same principle as the new skyline deck with the air inserts.

1.jpg

2.JPG

3.JPG

Last edited:
@Silver, I find fruity menthols to be precise and sharp on the kayfun v5.
I used xxx to test and the menthol is stronger than my normal setup but I can certainly taste the fruits etc without any flat tones or muting. The menthol however is noticeably stronger overpowering the fruits.

I'm used to using xxx on a biger coil with lots of airflow where the menthol is somewhat muted.

On flavour intensity I find the OL16's to be superior to the kayfun but it's not really a fair comparison if you consider the one is a RTA, the other a RDA and also the chimney size I.E. travel from chamber to my mouth.

Also the one is single coil and the other I use in dual coil mode.

All that aside the kayfun chamber is nice and small allowing that small chamber heat we all enjoy in our 16mm bf RDA'S while giving decent flavour with low juice consumption in a restricted lung hit manner.
YMMV.

Also, running a 0.5 ohm coil at 12W.
12W is somewhat deceiving as my initial assumption is that the watts are too low but it works wonderfully!

@Silver, I find fruity menthols to be precise and sharp on the kayfun v5.
I used xxx to test and the menthol is stronger than my normal setup but I can certainly taste the fruits etc without any flat tones or muting. The menthol however is noticeably stronger overpowering the fruits.

I'm used to using xxx on a biger coil with lots of airflow where the menthol is somewhat muted.

On flavour intensity I find the OL16's to be superior to the kayfun but it's not really a fair comparison if you consider the one is a RTA, the other a RDA and also the chimney size I.E. travel from chamber to my mouth.

Also the one is single coil and the other I use in dual coil mode.

All that aside the kayfun chamber is nice and small allowing that small chamber heat we all enjoy in our 16mm bf RDA'S while giving decent flavour with low juice consumption in a restricted lung hit manner.
YMMV.

Thanks @Christos - much appreciated!
I like what you are saying. Precise and sharp is very good for me. For me, enhanced menthol is also a bonus. Oh boy, this sounds good. Hehe

Back