Kayfun 5

@KB_314

I love my Kayfun.I enjoy it because you can vape at low wattages and the flavour is really nice.

I am thinking of grabbing another one.The price is really good,but I have ordered a skyline.

It is just a very tall tank.But I still love.

I have done nickel tc on mine and one can get a very good vape at like 18w on tc.

I also have a fused clapton in at the moment.

The draw is decent for a restricted lung hit.
Was also thinking of grabbing the auth one @SAVapeGear but the skyline also avoided this. @KB_314 it also depends on ur vaping style to be honest...I use the kayfun when I want a nice restricted hit at lower wattages and as mentioned the price here is very good

It is very nice for tobaccos and deserts.Haven't really done fruits in it.

And the one I ordered from Germany with all the extras costed me 3K. Customs also hit me hard. So that also made me think,if I can get a second one at a better price,it will make me feel better about the first one.

Thanks everyone tbh it's very tempting and I'm really pleased to see more authentics locally available at fair prices.
Problem now is too much choice! So many things I want atm and stock levels seem worryingly high

Thanks everyone tbh it's very tempting and I'm really pleased to see more authentics locally available at fair prices.
Problem now is too much choice! So many things I want atm and stock levels seem worryingly high
You can't leave me dry now.Just do it. Lol. I know throat punch always getting very small quantities.So they might be sold out very quick.

This thread is tempting me so much
You guys make it sound so appealing.

I was always after an authentic Kayfun and originally wanted a MTL for tobaccoes. But i have the Reo/RM2 for that. Reading various threads on ECF and other forums it seems that mTL die-hards have mixed feelings about the Kayfun5. Some say that it strays from its original MTL heritage and I can appreciate that.

I believe (perhaps incorrectly) that its very hard if not impossible for a single tank to cater perfectly for multiple styles of vaping. It may do well but I still think a tank tends to excel in one area.

But now I am looking for something for my low power restricted lung hit fruity menthol vapes. Currently the Lemo1 and Subtank Mini are doing that service but I feel like seeing what the higher end gear can do in that department. Maybe the Kayfun5 would be perfect for that.

@incredible_hullk - i am a bit worried you say fruits are not so good

This desktop research can be a painful mission ;-)

@Silver pull that trigger... it's good but compared to tobacco and desserts I expected more

As Dirty Harry wud say "go ahead scum bag...make my day" (not saying u a scum bag...just using the saying cos I luv it)

Lol, @incredible_hullk - so true
Nothing beats getting something and trying it for yourself.
Thanks

This thread is tempting me so much
You guys make it sound so appealing.

I was always after an authentic Kayfun and originally wanted a MTL for tobaccoes. But i have the Reo/RM2 for that. Reading various threads on ECF and other forums it seems that mTL die-hards have mixed feelings about the Kayfun5. Some say that it strays from its original MTL heritage and I can appreciate that.

I believe (perhaps incorrectly) that its very hard if not impossible for a single tank to cater perfectly for multiple styles of vaping. It may do well but I still think a tank tends to excel in one area.

But now I am looking for something for my low power restricted lung hit fruity menthol vapes. Currently the Lemo1 and Subtank Mini are doing that service but I feel like seeing what the higher end gear can do in that department. Maybe the Kayfun5 would be perfect for that.

@incredible_hullk - i am a bit worried you say fruits are not so good

This desktop research can be a painful mission ;-)
@Silver I was running the kayfun at 11 W the other day.

I put a slightly more aggressive coil and running at 17w this morning ;)

I'll give a fruity vape a try and report back but the V5 authentic is a very decent tank.

The airflow is a restricted DLH but you can tune it down more and there is a MTL metal inserts that can make it more MTL if the 4 standard airflow configurations aren't enough.

Also you will be intimate with the build deck as the lemo 1 inherited from the kayfun deck and the V5 has improved on the deck.
Absolutely beautiful to coil and wick.
So easy and convinient.

1 last observation, this tank gives a decent vape without guzzling your juice.

@Silver I was running the kayfun at 11 W the other day.

I put a slightly more aggressive coil and running at 17w this morning ;)

I'll give a fruity vape a try and report back but the V5 authentic is a very decent tank.

The airflow is a restricted DLH but you can tune it down more and there is a MTL metal inserts that can make it more MTL if the 4 standard airflow configurations aren't enough.

Also you will be intimate with the build deck as the lemo 1 inherited from the kayfun deck and the V5 has improved on the deck.
Absolutely beautiful to coil and wick.
So easy and convinient.

1 last observation, this tank gives a decent vape without guzzling your juice.

Many thanks @Christos !
That sounds great. Would appreciate the feedback if you get the time on fruity menthols in restricted lung hit mode.

I also love these "economical" tanks - not so much because I dont have enough juice (lol, dont tell HRH I have a secret cupboard) but i find it a hassle to keep refilling all the time

Many thanks @Christos !
That sounds great. Would appreciate the feedback if you get the time on fruity menthols in restricted lung hit mode.

I also love these "economical" tanks - not so much because I dont have enough juice (lol, dont tell HRH I have a secret cupboard) but i find it a hassle to keep refilling all the time
I'm not sure I know what MTL or DLH is in terms of my style. I can however compare the airflow to the OL16.
The biggest dual airflow on the OL16 is slightly but only marginally airier than the biggest airflow on the kayfun v5.

I'll do a rough comparison with other OL16 airflow. I have the MTL inserts that @Throat Punch included for free with the V5 (thank you) but I'll probably never use them because the smallest airflow setting on the V5 is about the same as the smallest airflow setting on the OL16.

TBH, I had the clone v5, and I must admit the flavour for me was really good (Menthol User Only). the only issue I had was it would have a bit a leaking after a few days of usage. Flavour was there though. Remember though this was a clone, I assume the authentic would be better in terms of quality and maybe no leaks. After using the skyline though, I think it will be very hard for me to get an authentic Kayfun as this RTA ticks all of my boxes.

Right gurus...skyline or kayfun...which wud u choose
Everyone is going to say Skyline.Bare in mind it is double the price with some extras.But I will also get the skyline just to see what it is about.But you can't go wrong with the Kayfun.It caters for everyone accept big lung hits.

Back