• Total voters

Gizmo

Catalyst
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
Unfortunately there is no way for a user to decide one or the other as it picks up a mobile device and applies it automatically.

I agree. I prefer the old system that we had

Mobile theme has been disabled. Thank you for the input

new mobile theme seems to load faster. i like it

I prefer the mobile theme for the record

Thanks @Gizmo

On the iPad I prefer the desktop theme

I can see why the mobile theme is good for the iphone, but I suppose regular phone users can use Tapatalk

I'd say if the mobile theme had an unread posts link it would make it much better

I am happy for now. Many thanks!

Pity, I liked the data friendly mobile. If a person didn't like it, its easy to switch on the mobile browser to the old data-heavy desktop one or am I missing something?

Methinks some don't know what their mobile browsers are capable of....

Pity, I liked the data friendly mobile. If a person didn't like it, its easy to switch on the mobile browser to the old data-heavy desktop one or am I missing something?

Methinks some don't know what their mobile browsers are capable of....

Im relatively competent at most things, couldnt get iOS to revert to desktop

The mobile version even managed to get past "user agent faker" for Chrome and Safari on my jailbroken iPad

No please dont keep the mobile theme, I found it a bit difficult to use.thought I was on the wrong forum lol

Without sounding too dramatic, I don't see why the many must suffer for the few. The mobile version is leaner, quicker and more accessible. Even my little cheapy android phone has no problem accessing it. It's nice not having banner sizing issues or to zoom to navigate properly sometimes. Yes the overview header section in desktop view is nice, but I'd rather be able to browse the site better.

I'm sure the moderator can see what the browser stats are, and make the change based on what the numbers say.

Without sounding too dramatic, I don't see why the many must suffer for the few. The mobile version is leaner, quicker and more accessible. Even my little cheapy android phone has no problem accessing it. It's nice not having banner sizing issues or to zoom to navigate properly sometimes. Yes the overview header section in desktop view is nice, but I'd rather be able to browse the site better.

I'm sure the moderator can see what the browser stats are, and make the change based on what the numbers say.
Agreed majority should rule, it seems the majority didnt like the mobile so far

Agreed majority should rule, it seems the majority didnt like the mobile so far

Indeed, I was really enjoying the much better mobile interface on iOS. Although I guess the people using tablets prefer the normal site.

It would be really awesome if there was a way for a user to choose which version they prefer

I think with a few tweaks, if possible, the mobile theme is far better for a phone
The Admin & mod team have a list of about 6 shortcomings of that mobile theme

For a tablet though, I still prefer the desktop theme

Best would be if one could select the mobile or desktop theme when on a mobile device

Lol, 13 people don't make the majority of this site. That's just 13 people being around today who opened and responded to this thread. Either pull the site stats or run the mobile version for a month and let the people cast their vote during this period.

Would it be possible to find a happy medium between the two?

Something with the loading speed of the mobile theme but with an aesthetic closer to that of the desktop theme?

Would it be possible to find a happy medium between the two?

Something with the loading speed of the mobile theme but with an aesthetic closer to that of the desktop theme?
Tapatalk is in the sinbin at the moment. Too unstable

Back