Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Are they call the fire brigade Scotch Bonnets?
Habaneros, but pretty much the same as Bonnets.
They are definitely not as hot as Habaneros can get, that is for sure, serves me right for buying them at a green grocer and not at a chilli farm.

Well done and congratulations! I don't know how SWAMBO put's up with me either, but bless her heart she does!

I always remember the missus and I last year
12th anniversary
No idea how she hasn't killed me yet
I wouldn't even be able to put up with myself most of the time lol.

Also, I posted a picture of the book /movie '12 years a slave' when wishing her. Fun times all round.

322012712a1fcbabec318caef309b85a-pdpxl.jpg

Everyone seems to have that concern about "nether regions"... maybe I'm lucky, but I have never had that problem... I have made the mistake of peeing after slicing some seriously hot peppers (forgetting to wash properly after slicing) and that is not fun. The worst experience of my entire life was when the neck of a full Tabasco sauce bottle broke off in my Ocean Basket apron during a December shift. Let me tell you, by the time you realize something is wrong, it is way too late.

I got ghost pepper in my eye from not washing my hands properly, looked like I took a punch for about a week. Also there a decent ghost pepper dry mix you can get at pick n pay which is very nice for sandwichs etc

I got ghost pepper in my eye from not washing my hands properly, looked like I took a punch for about a week. Also there a decent ghost pepper dry mix you can get at pick n pay which is very nice for sandwichs etc
Are you talking about that Cape Herb & Spice one? Because that is the biggest damn sham, it only contains about 5% ghost pepper flakes.
Ouch on the Ghost in your eye though, I can imagine that had to suck!
I re-did the same sandwich today, with some more Habaneros and added Garlic Ghost Pepper sauce instead of the 7 Pot Primo (that sadly ran out yesterday)... let's see if there is some more fire today.

Are you talking about that Cape Herb & Spice one? Because that is the biggest damn sham, it only contains about 5% ghost pepper flakes.
Ouch on the Ghost in your eye though, I can imagine that had to suck!
I re-did the same sandwich today, with some more Habaneros and added Garlic Ghost Pepper sauce instead of the 7 Pot Primo (that sadly ran out yesterday)... let's see if there is some more fire today.

No, I'll see if I have an empty container still it was a "funny" brand like an independent one. Yeah it did, I had a date the next night too hahahaha, took some explaining but she laughed.

No, I'll see if I have an empty container still it was a "funny" brand like an independent one. Yeah it did, I had a date the next night too hahahaha, took some explaining but she laughed.
If you like spicy stuff, check these two out...
https://www.chillihead.co.za/chillihead-chilli-chile-sauce - He is up in Jhb and makes some quality stuff. The Caribbean Bloodfire sauce is probably the thing that has kicked my ass the hardest of anything I have eaten.
https://www.johnnyhexburghotsauce.co.za/super-hots - These guys are down in Cape Town, my brother and I recently ordered about 30 bottles of stuff from them and everything has been super tasty. Less hot than I expected, but I haven't gotten to the Gunslinger, 3P and OCD sauces yet.

If you like spicy stuff, check these two out...
https://www.chillihead.co.za/chillihead-chilli-chile-sauce - He is up in Jhb and makes some quality stuff. The Caribbean Bloodfire sauce is probably the thing that has kicked my ass the hardest of anything I have eaten.
https://www.johnnyhexburghotsauce.co.za/super-hots - These guys are down in Cape Town, my brother and I recently ordered about 30 bottles of stuff from them and everything has been super tasty. Less hot than I expected, but I haven't gotten to the Gunslinger, 3P and OCD sauces yet.

I live for spicy stuff so I will check them out thank you.

Just gave my wife a couple of orchids and card, got a bottle of Red and cooking a nice dinner tonight, 5th wedding anniversary and she's still putting up with me!!!!

Congrats @Timwis! It's not so much that our beloved wives keep putting up with us, it's more they learn to ignore us...

A very good mate of mine and his wife have tested positive on Friday. Called him just now. Man he sounds as sick as a dog. praying they come through this. His 89 year old mom lives with them too. Worrying much

Many congratulations Tim. May you have many many more.

I myself have had 20 happy years of marriage. I was married in 1979. :facepalm:
I have had it all in the past, my first partner i was engaged to and lost a daughter at birth with 6 months later decided she was lesbian, my first wife turned out to be a psycho so i did a runner only to find out she went to prison for nearly killing her new partner, then the mother of my 20 year old son who i lived with for 15 years i rang from work to ask her if she could pick something up from town for her to tell me she couldn't because she was in hospital as she had gone into labour to give birth to someone else's kid (i didn't even know she was pregnant) but touch wood this time everything is going well!

I have had it all in the past, my first partner i was engaged to and lost a daughter at birth with 6 months later decided she was lesbian, my first wife turned out to be a psycho so i did a runner only to find out she went to prison for nearly killing her new partner, then the mother of my 20 year old son who i lived with for 15 years i rang from work to ask her if she could pick something up from town for her to tell me she couldn't because she was in hospital as she had gone into labour to give birth to someone else's kid (i didn't even know she was pregnant) but touch wood this time everything is going well!

Whew, @Timwis! Your life sounds like a soapie! Glad the last wife is still around and that things have gone well!!

A very good mate of mine and his wife have tested positive on Friday. Called him just now. Man he sounds as sick as a dog. praying they come through this. His 89 year old mom lives with them too. Worrying much
That's the flour to Lockdown as they found in the Black death, should have more responsive intelligent procedures in 2020 for cases like this, the mom should be moved out and kept safe away from the virus.

Last edited:
I don't disagree that percentage wise yeah its probably 1% that are at the worst risk as such.

The problem is when that one percent is someone close.

Hits home when you receive a Zoom or WhatsApp link to watch a video call in lieu of attending a funeral. When you're stuck in a different country and can't travel back to attend the funeral and pay your last respects. When you can't perform last rites and say goodbye properly because the body of deceased is sealed up in two layers of plastic bags.

It's not just about people getting sick and dying- that happens anyway even without covid.
It's the logistics and situational complexity of the aftermath when it is due to Covid that's the problem

That's the reality.
I remember when this thread started I asked what happens to the body. I dreaded this part.

Just gave my wife a couple of orchids and card, got a bottle of Red and cooking a nice dinner tonight, 5th wedding anniversary and she's still putting up with me!!!!
Sometimes someone has to!
Congratulations!!!

Back