Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I told my wife that we were lighting the fire in the fireplace tonight and for supper we are having toast (made on the fire) and eating beans out of the tin, just like we did when we we first married and had zero bucks.
7346b46e13096191a30d52f81462a2ff--suppers-toast.jpg

She told me to **** off

I told my wife that we were lighting the fire in the fireplace tonight and for supper we are having toast (made on the fire) and eating beans out of the tin, just like we did when we we first married and had zero bucks.
7346b46e13096191a30d52f81462a2ff--suppers-toast.jpg

She told me to **** off

Eksdom, however, made your plan the only feasible one.

I doubt I will be getting that shag on the sheepskin rug in front of the fire either.

Romance , romance, wherefore art thou romance

Is it nobler in the mind to think of intimacy on the rug in front of the fire, ... or should I just put the electric blanket on 3 :encama:

Update

Got my covid results back and its negative yippee
Back to work on monday

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

There was something on CNN about the testing process having slowed down, and people have to wait 4 hours now for their results. Imagine that! I often think it must be great to live in the USA where things go quickly.

There was something on CNN about the testing process having slowed down, and people have to wait 4 hours now for their results. Imagine that! I often think it must be great to live in the USA where things go quickly.

Not doubting thats what you heard, but the actual test takes 5 hours to complete. And that is fast for a PCR test.

I know some of the ultra modern high tech machines can do it in 2 hours. But they are costly and I doubt a lot of labs will be able to afford it.

Not doubting thats what you heard, but the actual test takes 5 hours to complete. And that is fast for a PCR test.

I know some of the ultra modern high tech machines can do it in 2 hours. But they are costly and I doubt a lot of labs will be able to afford it.
Are you talking about the GXP? at some stage nhls said they were going to use that for SARS-COV2
PCR... not sure if it was implemented or not.

Are you talking about the GXP? at some stage nhls said they were going to use that for SARS-COV2

Not too sure about what instruments all the labs. We currently have 5 different machines running 24/7 just for Covid.

Do you mean the gen-x gear? An acquaintance told me that stock is being held tight by a few countries, they were trying to acquire them. The rapid portable test by Spartan Bioscience looked promising but their swabbing system was flawed at a point, I don't know if they fixed it, there was also a mandate to keep the tech in Canada for the time being.

My friend's boss caught it, most likely from visiting a client at their home, was a huge shock for everyone, whole staff had to get tested, she fell sick on the weekend by Monday her fever had broken but her saturation levels were dropping. I was pretty impressed, they informed clients who had been there in the time frame, also shut down and decontaminated the business. A friend of mine who works in the medical field caught it, she's not sure where or how because they have strict procedures for her practice, it's been two and half weeks, oxygen levels fine but battling to move.

Side note, check with your pharmacies of stock of any chronic meds you need, I'm finding more and more of my meds are running out and they giving me an extra months supply where they can.

Last edited:
Do you mean the gen-x gear? An acquaintance told me that stock is being held tight by a few countries, they were trying to acquire them. The rapid portable test by Spartan Bioscience looked promising but their swabbing system was flawed at a point, I don't know if they fixed it, there was also a mandate to keep the tech in Canada for the time being.

My friend's boss caught it, most likely from visiting a client at their home, was a huge shock for everyone, whole staff had to get tested, she fell sick on the weekend by Monday her fever had broken but her saturation levels were dropping. I was pretty impressed, they informed clients who had been there in the time frame, also shut down and decontaminated the business. A friend of mine who works in the medical field caught it, she's not sure where or how because they have strict procedures for her practice, it's been two and half weeks, oxygen levels fine but battling to move.

Side note, check with your pharmacies of stock of any chronic meds you need, I'm finding more and more of my meds are running out and they giving me an extra months supply where they can.
I was referring to the Gene Xpert technique

Back