Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Was this from your "Hotmail"?
Yes! Ive finished the chocolate, the nuts, the Chocolate Habenero Sauce, the 7 Pot Primo sauce, half the smoked habanero chutney, 2/3 of the Moruga Mustard and about 1/3 of the Garlic Ghost Pepper sauce. Really good sauces, chocolates and nuts were a disappointment.

Lack of large studies regarding effect/ risk of e-cigarettes, normal news 24 rubbish, they never have a clue, yet Dr Farsalinos and others have published how many peer reviewed and accepted papers on the subject, as well as how many regarding COVID and smoking/vaping in the last 3 months.

If they say the sun is shining it’s better to have a look yourself, they can’t even get that right. Don’t know how they can still be called news, nonsense may be more apt as I don’t want to swear today.

The first person I actually know that has contracted COVID 19. My niece is a doctor doing her residency in PMB... wasn't feeling well and was tested... positive and at home now in self-quarantine! :-(

#TheBanMustFall open letter to President Ramaphosa details devastating impact of tobacco ban
https://www.iol.co.za/news/politics...ls-devastating-impact-of-tobacco-ban-50460645
5 July 2020

"Johannesburg - Tax Justice South Africa (TJSA) on Sunday came out in support of an open letter to President Cyril Ramaphosa and his Cabinet in which tobacco industry players and retail outlets highlight the "devastation" caused by the 100-day coronavirus (Covid-19) lockdown tobacco ban and urge #TheBanMustFall ...

The Ban Must Fall.JPG

It's all going to crap right now. My other mate has just been diagnosed with prostrate cancer. Ai ya yai

Ah sh!t. If it's an early diagnosis, prostate cancer has basically become a chronic and very treatable disease, so all is not lost. My father in law and mother's 80-year old 'boy'friend both have it and are doing extremely well. Brachytherapy has few side effects, hormone therapy is effective but extremely unpleasant.

Guys over 40, do your blood tests and visit the guy with the giant fingers regularly.

True or false?

Both, they have space for 1.5 million, and have started on a batch of 25 k in PTA. I'm very suspicious of why they released the figure of a million, they are either expecting a complete and utter collapse of the public health system or there's something else. I can't imagine a scenario in which this virus directly kills that many people in the country, that would roughly be 2% of the entire country's population.

I get that people still die of other things, like HIV alone kills in the ball park of 65 000 a year, so maybe they factoring that in too.

Was reading an article earlier where the models .gov are using have been criticized as being way too extreme.

Both, they have space for 1.5 million, and have started on a batch of 25 k in PTA. I'm very suspicious of why they released the figure of a million, they are either expecting a complete and utter collapse of the public health system or there's something else. I can't imagine a scenario in which this virus directly kills that many people in the country, that would roughly be 2% of the entire country's population.

I get that people still die of other things, like HIV alone kills in the ball park of 65 000 a year, so maybe they factoring that in too.

Was reading an article earlier where the models .gov are using have been criticized as being way too extreme.

Predicted total of Covid-19 deaths 35 000. Someone's scored a contract for putting holes where there weren't any, with no underlying reason at all.

They could just have joined the army.

Back