Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A presentation has been prepared for Gauteng premier David Makhura by the provincial treasury’s audit services which reportedly reveals the following:

• R4.5 million was paid to companies that did not supply any goods
  • R5 million was paid to companies to deliver PPE even though the department had not contracts with them.
  • R12 million worth of goods were delivered before the issue of purchase orders.
  • R82 million worth of goods were ordered from companies that were not registered with the Treasury’s central supplier database.
  • R239 million worth of goods and services were ordered from companies that were not tax-compliant and whose bank accounts had not been verified.
  • https://mybroadband.co.za/news/government/363310-gauteng-covid-19-corruption-crackdown.html

Only 11 483 test have been recorded. That's down from between 30-45k tests a day. Somewhere in the reporting chain there's a delay or results are being held back. Maybe for Cyril's speech that needs to happen before Saturday.
What I know from the NHLS side is that the TAT for inpatients and healthcare workers is around 24h and for outpatients it goes up to 5 days. It didn’t get worse. I’m in the epicenter of the FS and I can tell you that the demand has decreased. We are far from the projections., very far. I think this may be a plateau before a second surge in cases.

What I know from the NHLS side is that the TAT for inpatients and healthcare workers is around 24h and for outpatients it goes up to 5 days. It didn’t get worse. I’m in the epicenter of the FS and I can tell you that the demand has decreased. We are far from the projections., very far. I think this may be a plateau before a second surge in cases.

Since they amended the testing criteria demand has gone down but not by that much. We are looking at about 75% drop in tests.

Our TAT is down to 48hrs. One lab is down to 12 hours.

Once the antibody test comes out we might start seeing what really has been going on in terms of past infections.

Smokers launch own legal battle against tobacco ban
https://citizen.co.za/news/south-af...-launch-own-legal-battle-against-tobacco-ban/
11 Aug. 2020

"Government is facing another court challenge to its ban on tobacco sales – only this time, smokers are taking it on.

Justice for RSA – an NPC, newly formed off the back of a Facebook group called ‘#Smokers Against Lockdown Cigarette Ban’ – has launched an urgent direct access application in the Constitutional Court, to have the ban thrown out ...

Hirner [Justice for RSA director] labelled the ban an infringement on smokers’ constitutional rights – and an unjustifiable one at that – and urged the Constitutional Court justices to hear the case.

They had, as of yesterday afternoon, not yet handed down their decision."

I had a Covid test done yesterday and had my results in +- 6 hours

I had a Covid test done yesterday and had my results in +- 6 hours
It's different in the private sector and varies from province to province and from hospital to hospital in the public sector. In big hospitals we can get results within 2 hours for inpatients

Dis-Chem re-opens drive-through Covid testing stations: Here’s how to get tested
https://www.all4women.co.za/2081509...ovid-testing-stations-heres-how-to-get-tested
12 Aug. 2020

"... Dis-Chem has improved its testing process to include an online registration and direct integration into the laboratories to speed up the feedback of results to the patient.

“The system will be able to regulate the number of tests carried out at each site while controlling the number of tests that will be sent to contracted laboratories, which have committed to making test results available within 24 to 48 hours”, says Kruger [National Manager, DisChem].

How to get tested:
Pre-register online on Dis-Chem’s website or app
Choose a convenient date and drive-through site. The system will issue visitor identification.
On arrival at the testing site, show your visitor identification which confirms your booking
Pass through the entry point into the queue for the test
The registered Dis-Chem nurse will record the patient symptoms before carrying out the test which is referenced to the patient details.

Cell numbers will be confirmed to ensure that the test results are sent to the correct numbers, and there is also an option to have the results emailed.

As soon as the test results are made available, not later than 48 hours, an SMS will automatically be sent to the patient with their result.

Where are the Dis-Chem testing sites?
For more information on the rollout and location of testing sites and to pre-register online, go to www.dischem.co.za."

103-year old Bertha Meltzer beats Covid-19 and pneumonia in CT!
https://www.all4women.co.za/2081333...ha-meltzer-beats-covid-19-and-pneumonia-in-ct
12 Aug. 2020

" Mrs Bertha Meltzer, at 103, is one of South Africa’s oldest COVID-19 discharges…
Mediclinic Cape Town celebrated her discharge from hospital on 3 August, and shared the video on social media.

“We are excited to see that after being admitted with pneumonia and Covid-19, she is now recovered sufficiently for a marvellous discharge from Mediclinic Cape Town. Special moments during admission included zoom calls with her 80-year-old twin sons.”

“We wish her all the best for her further recovery!”

103-year old Bertha Meltzer beats Covid-19 and pneumonia in CT!
https://www.all4women.co.za/2081333...ha-meltzer-beats-covid-19-and-pneumonia-in-ct
12 Aug. 2020

" Mrs Bertha Meltzer, at 103, is one of South Africa’s oldest COVID-19 discharges…
Mediclinic Cape Town celebrated her discharge from hospital on 3 August, and shared the video on social media.

“We are excited to see that after being admitted with pneumonia and Covid-19, she is now recovered sufficiently for a marvellous discharge from Mediclinic Cape Town. Special moments during admission included zoom calls with her 80-year-old twin sons.”

“We wish her all the best for her further recovery!”

You go Bertha! Jou yster.:pesas:

Back