Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm on a binge. I'm having my pavement "renovated" and I don't cope well with having workmen at the house - and having to speak to them at 8.30 in the morning. At that time of the morning all that I want is my coffee. Not people.

My pavement slants and I want it level. I thought it would be an easy task but it's taking longer than expected. They've been here every day since Monday and it's driving me dilly. Everything is done now except the paving, which will apparently only arrive on Wednesday. That's fine with me. Gives me a break.

Last night I was just completely frazzled so off I went to Spar to buy a packet of biscuits. I came home with a packet of Cappuccino Romany Creams. And a big packet of Lays Plain Salted. And a big slab of Cadbury's Dairymilk. And guzzled it all.

And after all of that I had stomach-ache and woke in the middle of the night feeling sick. Serves me right!!!!!!!

I'm on a binge. I'm having my pavement "renovated" and I don't cope well with having workmen at the house - and having to speak to them at 8.30 in the morning. At that time of the morning all that I want is my coffee. Not people.

My pavement slants and I want it level. I thought it would be an easy task but it's taking longer than expected. They've been here every day since Monday and it's driving me dilly. Everything is done now except the paving, which will apparently only arrive on Wednesday. That's fine with me. Gives me a break.

Last night I was just completely frazzled so off I went to Spar to buy a packet of biscuits. I came home with a packet of Cappuccino Romany Creams. And a big packet of Lays Plain Salted. And a big slab of Cadbury's Dairymilk. And guzzled it all.

And after all of that I had stomach-ache and woke in the middle of the night feeling sick. Serves me right!!!!!!!
Next time stop at the chemist and get buscopan too :D

Another voice, there are plenty across the spectrum. Aggregate facts, and remember the fog of war.

It is still true today that the average mortality age of 'Covid deaths' in the USA is a spectacular 73-78.

Where do you get it and how much do you pay for it?
Wife gets its from dischem but not sure the cost. Also the hallucinogenic properties are not what most people think. Just makes vision somewhat blurry but that could also have been the loss of blood :D

It's so amazing that Spittle on a Dagga (Marijuana) Zol doesn't pass on the Corona Virus but Spittle on a Cigarette Butt it is high risk.

Don’t second guess the Saliva Queen. She doesn’t like it and when she doesn’t like something, she extends the tobacco ban.

Pics of your pavement ?

No workmen today, so I decided last night I'd treat myself to a lie-in. Set the alarm for 8 a.m. only. So what happens? My doggie wants to go out at 5.45, then she wants breakfast. She NEVER STIRS until at least 10 o'clock, but today ...

View attachment 201709

This book was written by Donald Trump's niece and it was released a few days ago. I was hoping that SA would have it but no such luck, so I've ordered it from Amazon. Shipping costs more than the book, but Trump's shenanigans fascinate - and appall - me.

"In this revelatory, authoritative portrait of Donald J. Trump and the toxic family that made him, Mary L. Trump, a trained clinical psychologist and Donald’s only niece, shines a bright light on the dark history of their family in order to explain how her uncle became the man who now threatens the world’s health, economic security, and social fabric.

I received my book yesterday - and ETA was estimated to be 14 August! Amazon is Amazing!! But something odd - the courier just gave me the box, without asking for a signature. Really weird.

The wind is howling; the rain is pelting the windows - it's good night to curl up in bed with a book...

And other news ... Yzerfontein finally has fibre! Mine was installed about 2 weeks ago and because I now have uncapped I finally got to watch A Billion Lives. It's quite an eye-opener. I'm looking forward to the sequel, You Don't Know Nicotine. The trailer was launched recently so I guess it's not too far off.

What I really love about my fibre is that I signed up with VOX, for the package that includes FREE, UNLIMITED phone calls in SA - to any mobile or landline. It works like a bomb! I'm not one for chit-chatting on the phone, but it sure helps when one needs to make business calls.

Back