Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Went out for dinner last night for the first time in uhm dont know, before lockdown. Feels strange and I must say sitting there eating just feels wrong and a recipe for spreading the virus. What restaurant is going to wash all chairs, tables, salt and pepper etc after every client leaves? I cant think they even turning a profit with so little people eating out, so how would they afford to then sanitize everything the whole day

https://www.sanparks.org/about/news/?id=58037

"South African National Parks (SANParks) is offering 40% discount to new online reservations for accommodation and camping at a selection of ten camps in five national parks.

The discounts are available to new bookings made from today, 9 March 2020, for stays between and including Wednesday, 11 March and Thursday, 19 March 2020, through the SANParks online booking system only. The discount only applies to the cost of specified accommodation, camping and activities (subject to availability) and no discounts will be offered on conservation fees, Wild Card purchases, non-specified activities, meals, etc. The 1% Community Fund charge will be calculated on the discounted reservation cost."
''today, 9 March 2020, for stays between and including Wednesday, 11 March and Thursday, 19 March 2020''
looks like this special expired...

We all gained a few kg's during lockdown
555230920fd70dfae0c467a174ce53eb.gif

''today, 9 March 2020, for stays between and including Wednesday, 11 March and Thursday, 19 March 2020''
looks like this special expired...
Man, that sucks, i could have sworn it said august, let me just double check if i shared the right link. Uno momento por favor....

Went out for dinner last night for the first time in uhm dont know, before lockdown. Feels strange and I must say sitting there eating just feels wrong and a recipe for spreading the virus. What restaurant is going to wash all chairs, tables, salt and pepper etc after every client leaves? I cant think they even turning a profit with so little people eating out, so how would they afford to then sanitize everything the whole day

So true. We haven’t eaten out - or had takeaways - since mid-March. I doubt this is uncommon.

How is this industry going to survive?

Back