Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
yet Cyril says the pandemic is far from over and the NCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC council is still relevant and working hard?

Working hard doing what exactly?
Lining somebody's pockets, just like every other government structure.

The symptoms I had with Covid were not that bad... but the after-effects have been lingering... I could happily walk 6-8 km a day and my heart rate would never really go above 125bpm. Now I toil doing 4km's... breathing isn't like it was and my energy levels are nowhere close to what they were. My heart rate jumps to 120-130bpm really fast.
Walk 220503 10.jpg

The symptoms I had with Covid were not that bad... but the after-effects have been lingering... I could happily walk 6-8 km a day and my heart rate would never really go above 125bpm. Now I toil doing 4km's... breathing isn't like it was and my energy levels are nowhere close to what they were. My heart rate jumps to 120-130bpm really fast.
View attachment 256995
A chest X-rays and a consultation is indicated uncle.

View attachment 256995
A friend of mine said that she would become breathless quickly, just doing normal stuff (not walking etc) for a year after having had Covid.

However, 2 years later she's fine - in fact she's doing 20km hikes with a 12kg backpack, training for a Fish River hike in two weeks time. So hang in there @Rob Fisher!

One year of data.... let's hope for the best and that we don't get a second spike through winter, it is still early in the season. Everyone must just keep doing what they are doing on don't think this thing is gone yet. The moment we relax now it is going to hit hard as it will be the wrong time of the year to relax any restrictions on a super-flu.

1654493543872.png

One year of data.... let's hope for the best and that we don't get a second spike through winter, it is still early in the season. Everyone must just keep doing what they are doing on don't think this thing is gone yet. The moment we relax now it is going to hit hard as it will be the wrong time of the year to relax any restrictions on a super-flu.

View attachment 257069

It won't ever be done, barring some bizarre random misstep in its evolution. We're down on deaths but the studies showing brain damage etc are terrifying.
"
The researchers say the study provides yet more evidence of the capacity of the virus to evolve and dodge immunity.

”All of these antibodies that we found did not provide a lot of protection against being infected by the BA.4 and BA.5 subvariants of Omicron,” said Alex Welte, a professor of epidemiology at Stellenbosch University and the lead analyst of the study.

Whatever is slightly different about those variants was enough to sidestep some of the body’s defenses, he added. “At this point we are not able to contain the spread; that’s the sobering takeaway.”

BA.4 and BA.5 are thought to spread more quickly than BA.2, which itself was more contagious than the original Omicron variant. Jeffrey Shaman, an infectious disease modeler and epidemiologist at Columbia University in New York, said it was possible that the number of those who had been infected with the virus in South Africa could be even higher than 87 percent, accounting for varying immune responses among different individuals.

But he and other scientists who were not involved in the study said that its findings aligned with a growing body of evidence that the coronavirus has become more adept at reinfecting people, and that outbreaks around the world are likely to continue to reoccur for the foreseeable future.

”We have to admit the possibility that the number of waves that we’ve seen over the past few years, it may continue at that cadence,” Dr. Shaman said."

Now that the (worst of) the pandemic is behind us, it’s about time we have a serious discussion on where the f@ck did this virus come from. Good read!

THE FACTS OF THE CASE

Here are ten things that we do know.

First, the SARS-CoV-2 genome is distinguished by a particular 12-nucleotide sequence (the genetic code) that serves to increase its infectivity. The specific amino acid sequence directed by this insertion has been much discussed and is known as a furin cleavage site (FCS).

Second, the FCS has been a target of cutting-edge research since 2006, following the original SARS outbreak of 2003-04. Scientists have long understood that the FCS holds the key to these viruses’ infectivity and pathophysiology.

Third, SARS-CoV-2 is the only virus in the family of SARS-like viruses (sarbecoviruses) known to have an FCS. Interestingly, the specific form of the FCS that is present in SARS-CoV-2 (eight amino acids encoded by 24 nucleotides) is shared with a human sodium channel that has been studied in US labs.

Fourth, the FCS was already so well known as a driver of transmissibility and virulence that a group of US scientists submitted a proposal to the US government in 2018 to study the effect of inserting an FCS into SARS-like viruses found in bats. Although the dangers of this kind of work have been highlighted for some time, these bat viruses were somehow considered to be in a lower-risk category. This exempted them from NIH gain-of-function guidelines, thereby enabling NIH-funded experiments to be carried out at the inadequate BSL-2 safety level.

Fifth, the NIH was a strong supporter of such gain-of-function research, much of which was performed using US-developed biotechnology and executed within an NIH-funded three-way partnership between the EHA, the WIV, and UNC.

Sixth, in 2018, a leading US scientist pursuing this research argued that laboratory manipulation was vital for drug and vaccine discovery, but that increased regulation could stymie progress. Many within the virology community continue to resist sensible calls for enhanced regulation of the most high-risk virus manipulation, including the establishment of a national regulatory body independent of the NIH.

Seventh, the virus was very likely circulating a lot earlier than the standard narrative that dates awareness of the outbreak to late December 2019. We still do not know when parts of the US government became aware of the outbreak, but some scientists were aware of the outbreak as of mid-December.

Eighth, the NIH knew as early as February 1, 2020, that the virus could have emerged as a consequence of NIH-funded laboratory research, but it did not disclose that fundamental fact to the public or to the US Congress.

Ninth, extensive sampling by Chinese authorities of animals in Wuhan wet markets and in the wild has found not a single wild animal harboring the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Despite this, there is no indication that the NIH has requested the laboratory records of US agencies, academic centers, and biotech companies involved in researching and manipulating SARS-like coronaviruses.

Tenth, the IC has not explained why at least some of the US intelligence agencies do in fact believe that a laboratory release was either the most likely or at least a possible origin of the virus.

Source: https://www.jeffsachs.org/newspaper-articles/cpgynw2j9x4lamdd2resnf3eekppyd

Now that the (worst of) the pandemic is behind us, it’s about time we have a serious discussion on where the f@ck did this virus come from. Good read!

THE FACTS OF THE CASE

First, the SARS-CoV-2 genome is distinguished by a particular 12-nucleotide sequence (the genetic code) that serves to increase its infectivity. The specific amino acid sequence directed by this insertion has been much discussed and is known as a furin cleavage site (FCS).

Second, the FCS has been a target of cutting-edge research since 2006, following the original SARS outbreak of 2003-04. Scientists have long understood that the FCS holds the key to these viruses’ infectivity and pathophysiology.

Third, SARS-CoV-2 is the only virus in the family of SARS-like viruses (sarbecoviruses) known to have an FCS. Interestingly, the specific form of the FCS that is present in SARS-CoV-2 (eight amino acids encoded by 24 nucleotides) is shared with a human sodium channel that has been studied in US labs.

Fourth, the FCS was already so well known as a driver of transmissibility and virulence that a group of US scientists submitted a proposal to the US government in 2018 to study the effect of inserting an FCS into SARS-like viruses found in bats. Although the dangers of this kind of work have been highlighted for some time, these bat viruses were somehow considered to be in a lower-risk category. This exempted them from NIH gain-of-function guidelines, thereby enabling NIH-funded experiments to be carried out at the inadequate BSL-2 safety level.

Fifth, the NIH was a strong supporter of such gain-of-function research, much of which was performed using US-developed biotechnology and executed within an NIH-funded three-way partnership between the EHA, the WIV, and UNC.

Sixth, in 2018, a leading US scientist pursuing this research argued that laboratory manipulation was vital for drug and vaccine discovery, but that increased regulation could stymie progress. Many within the virology community continue to resist sensible calls for enhanced regulation of the most high-risk virus manipulation, including the establishment of a national regulatory body independent of the NIH.

Seventh, the virus was very likely circulating a lot earlier than the standard narrative that dates awareness of the outbreak to late December 2019. We still do not know when parts of the US government became aware of the outbreak, but some scientists were aware of the outbreak as of mid-December.

Eighth, the NIH knew as early as February 1, 2020, that the virus could have emerged as a consequence of NIH-funded laboratory research, but it did not disclose that fundamental fact to the public or to the US Congress.

Ninth, extensive sampling by Chinese authorities of animals in Wuhan wet markets and in the wild has found not a single wild animal harboring the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Despite this, there is no indication that the NIH has requested the laboratory records of US agencies, academic centers, and biotech companies involved in researching and manipulating SARS-like coronaviruses.

Tenth, the IC has not explained why at least some of the US intelligence agencies do in fact believe that a laboratory release was either the most likely or at least a possible origin of the virus.

Source: https://www.jeffsachs.org/newspaper-articles/cpgynw2j9x4lamdd2resnf3eekppyd

What about Bill Gates and Oprah Winfrey's lizard people who want to take over the world?

THE FACTS OF THE CASE

I wonder if we will ever discover the truth, or for that matter, ever discover the full extent of all the nonsence, as clearly the rot is deep ... from start to the opportunistic individuals and governments, to the desperation of organisations and governments attemting to maintain their control(s) at the tail end, where we now find ourselves, and ... masked behind the tinfoil hat brigade ...

In China, from 3 January 2020 to 5:37pm CEST, 8 June 2022, there have been 3 528 881 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with 17 829 deaths, reported to WHO. As of 5 June 2022, a total of 3 397 315 599 vaccine doses have been administered.​

China Situation​

3 528 881 Confirmed Cases
17 829 Deaths
Source:World Health Organization

In China, from 3 January 2020 to 5:37pm CEST, 8 June 2022, there have been 3 528 881 confirmed cases of COVID-19 with 17 829 deaths, reported to WHO. As of 5 June 2022, a total of 3 397 315 599 vaccine doses have been administered.​

China Situation​

3 528 881 Confirmed Cases
17 829 Deaths
Source:World Health Organization
I just saw that China has no idea where the infections are coming from and that they think its blowing in from North Korea and that people must close their windows when the wind blows from that direction.

Back