Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I’m in a bit of a state of shock that it finally happened :oops:

We've been working the whole night with our masks on. Not sure what to do. The way they did it is very suspicious.

Will wait for the daywalkers to arrive and see what they do before I ditch mine.

We've been working the whole night with our masks on. Not sure what to do. The way they did it is very suspicious.

Will wait for the daywalkers to arrive and see what they do before I ditch mine.
Agreed. It’s almost like they want no one to know!

I’ve just been scouring Facebook and other news sites and there’s no other mention of it anywhere. Very odd.

Agreed. It’s almost like they want no one to know!

I’ve just been scouring Facebook and other news sites and there’s no other mention of it anywhere. Very odd.
Every conservative anti-mask, anti-vax activist and group has been claiming all the credit. It's real. That I can tell you.

You mean I don't have to pick my outfit to match my mask anymore..... how am I going to know what to wear every day now?

At least no more mask-muffled driveway meets and we'll be able to understand the person behind the till now in the shops without having to ask them to repeat themselves (or without having to repeat ourselves that we DO WANT A BAG for the 500 items in our trolley).

It's friggen cold at the mo', so I'll be retaining a buff, that may well be used as a mask if I feel the need ;) however the lockdown "overgrowth" was removed ceremoniously this morning :rolleyes:

Last edited:
For the past two years I've been eating garlic with untold glee. No more for me :(

Still going to mask up for shopping and hospital appointments - haven't had flu for the past 2 years and don't want it now.

Just came back from the local Woolies.... all the staff wearing masks and face shields still up at the tellers... I had mine on too, so did my daughter and her friend that tagged along. Half the people inside the mall did not have masks on and the kids were amazed at seeing so many faces uncovered. The news of not having to wear masks spread faster than covid itself...

Just came back from the local Woolies.... all the staff wearing masks and face shields still up at the tellers... I had mine on too, so did my daughter and her friend that tagged along. Half the people inside the mall did not have masks on and the kids were amazed at seeing so many faces uncovered. The news of not having to wear masks spread faster than covid itself...
Same situation in our local mall exception being the tellers. Some had masks, some didn’t. About half and half with the patrons as well.

Another try at "Push the fear & sell the cure" (best business model ever).
I'm not seeing it. This is an advisory regarding a fairly benign and lowly transmissible virus with no public health requirements other than contact tracing.

Treatment is largely topical with antivirals prescribed only for people with compromised immune systems. Previous smallpox vaccinations may be effective in preventing the disease.

Hardly a coordinated worldwide campaign to address a pandemic, spread fear or tout a mythical cure, although I have little doubt that some large animal medication will be pushed as some form of panacea.

I'm not seeing it. This is an advisory regarding a fairly benign and lowly transmissible virus with no public health requirements other than contact tracing.

Treatment is largely topical with antivirals prescribed only for people with compromised immune systems. Previous smallpox vaccinations may be effective in preventing the disease.

Hardly a coordinated worldwide campaign to address a pandemic, spread fear or tout a mythical cure, although I have little doubt that some large animal medication will be pushed as some form of panacea.

I couldn't agree more, and yet in the same sentence let me add that that I wouldn't put it past the munchkins, (pronounced ANC), to attempt some fear mongering in a vain attempt to maintain their perceived power.

Munchkins had huge appetites for sex, drink and drugs it seems :rolleyes:

1656051994988.png
The Munchkins - those lovable, diminutive Oz-dwellers - are remembered just as fondly as Judy Garland and her trio of pals. So fondly, indeed, that "munchkin" has passed into the language as a term of affection for children. But it wasn't all cute and cuddly - far from it ... The 100 or so dwarf and midget actors who played the Munchkins had huge appetites for sex and drink, with "an unholy assembly of pimps, hookers and gamblers" arriving at their hotel, making it somewhat appropriate as government nomenclature, (refers : Zuma and shower antics, and "Unlucky Fried Kitten" consumption at Munchkin get togethers et al.)

I felt like the weirdo just now.

I was the only person in spar with a mask on and was on the receiving end of some serious sideways looks!

Back