Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If Squirrel wants to save his career he should go on tv now and say we chuck the masks.

I don't care how many dollars he got stashed in his couch. I'm prepared to turn a blind eye if I don't have to smell my 5am breath anymore.
Dude I'm so with you on this. I was watching the cricket in India yesterday and their stadiums are FULL to the brim and not so long ago they were topping over 400k cases/day.

Here we sit hovering around the 1k - 2k mark and like you so eloquently put smelling our morning breathe!

NO, we have to keep the masks.

Fuel price = car pool, taxi's, buses

Keep the masks
I work in Durban central and I can tell you beyond a shadow of a doubt that no one in any bus or taxi is wearing a mask anywhere or anytime. Plus the bars and salons and shops etc clearly have a “no mask, please come in” policy because no one is wearing masks in there as well!

Here in Yzer people still wear masks when shopping at Spar, but all the small shops seem to have done away with it - not even the owners/workers are wearing masks.

Here in Yzer people still wear masks when shopping at Spar, but all the small shops seem to have done away with it - not even the owners/workers are wearing masks.
Same here. the big shops and the centres still enforce masks and I even have some customers that do temp testing and take details for tracing but thats the very rare case.

Generally no one has a mask on anywhere and it's been like that since the first lockdown I'm afriad.

I asked one of my staff the other day what covid has been like in the township and he looked at me like I was insane and said that nothing changed there at all, not even in the beginning of covid.

So its been 2 years since I was here and I have a message for those of you who still think its the end the world. Firstly, Im still vaping. YAY!!!!!!!!!! A massive thank you to all the awesome EcigsSA vapers here who supported me and tolerated my annoying noob excitement for vaping. I never lost that passion. You guys made it stronger. Love you. :) :) Back to the doomsayers. My dad killed himself on June 16 2020. THAT IS THE END OF THE WORLD. I hope you understand the difference now. Get on with your lives. Dont be afraid to live. Stop dragging the rest of us down with you. Wake up. Be adults. And in the future stop think about someone other than yourselves. Fear does that. Its ******* selfish. Dont let it win. And remember...were all in this together. Stay healthy. Stay happy. Good luck!

So its been 2 years since I was here and I have a message for those of you who still think its the end the world. Firstly, Im still vaping. YAY!!!!!!!!!! A massive thank you to all the awesome EcigsSA vapers here who supported me and tolerated my annoying noob excitement for vaping. I never lost that passion. You guys made it stronger. Love you. :) :) Back to the doomsayers. My dad killed himself on June 16 2020. THAT IS THE END OF THE WORLD. I hope you understand the difference now. Get on with your lives. Dont be afraid to live. Stop dragging the rest of us down with you. Wake up. Be adults. And in the future stop think about someone other than yourselves. Fear does that. Its ******* selfish. Dont let it win. And remember...were all in this together. Stay healthy. Stay happy. Good luck!
Fuuuuk bro -thought you left civilisation and went to live in the Amazon or something , I'm also still here and vaping up a storm , welcome back !!!!;)

this is excellent news. time to get on with things and start rebuilding all that has crumbled.

i drive around and see shops closed and restaurants with boards in the windows and its so sad to see. i am not being callous (I lost family members to covid) but life does need to carry on and we need to get back to being normal (or whatever the new normal is)

While we celebrate the ditching of masks and other restrictions, let us pause for a moment to think of those who lost someone to COVID.

In memory.jpg

Back