Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I also cooked today - made a potjie in the slow-cooker. It's the first time that I've done it and I was happy with the results. Forgot to take a pic before I separated it into containers and froze it. I like having frozen meals ready-to-go, so that I can have a cooking-free day sometimes.

I see that it will be compulsory to wear a mask when we go out from 1 May onwards. The cloth masks are unbearable - I can hardly breathe when I wear one. However, I bought one of those plastic visors and oh wow! It's sooo comfortable!!! We're allowed to drive around from 1 May, so I guess the mask regulation applies to when we're driving as well?

I see that it will be compulsory to wear a mask when we go out from 1 May onwards. The cloth masks are unbearable - I can hardly breathe when I wear one. However, I bought one of those plastic visors and oh wow! It's sooo comfortable!!! We're allowed to drive around from 1 May, so I guess the mask regulation applies to when we're driving as well?

Yes. Mask on pretty much as soon as you leave your home. Includes when you're in the car.

Yeah those fabric masks are hard to use.
I've used a proper n95 one as well. Tried running about 150m from one end of builders warehouse to the other. Nearly passed out because hardly any air gets in

Yes. Mask on pretty much as soon as you leave your home. Includes when you're in the car.

Yeah those fabric masks are hard to use.
I've used a proper n95 one as well. Tried running about 150m from one end of builders warehouse to the other. Nearly passed out because hardly any air gets in

I also can't use the N95 - don't understand how medical personnel are able to.

99 staff at pharmaceutical factory GlaxoSmithKline in Cape Town test positive.
Closed by Dept. of Labour for failing to comply with Covid regulations. And this a pharmaceutical company! :facepalm:
Read here

99 staff at pharmaceutical factory GlaxoSmithKline in Cape Town test positive.
Closed by Dept. of Labour for failing to comply with Covid regulations. And this a pharmaceutical company! :facepalm:
Read here
Yep.
Similar with Unilever boksburg.
And ABI bottling plant.
And Albany bakery.
And dischem.
All large numbers (>20) infections in a small environment

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your ongoing contributions to this thread.

Regular updates of the stats and posting informative articles are a pleasure to scan through and read.

With all the COVID news on pretty much every tv station and online platform I find this thread on our forum very interesting and highly informative. Also makes me laugh with some of the humour that is shared from time to time. And from people I feel like I know well from years of online interaction.

Thank you all, you all rock!

Just wanted to say thanks to all of you for your ongoing contributions to this thread.

Regular updates of the stats and posting informative articles are a pleasure to scan through and read.

With all the COVID news on pretty much every tv station and online platform I find this thread on our forum very interesting and highly informative. Also makes me laugh with some of the humour that is shared from time to time. And from people I feel like I know well from years of online interaction.

Thank you all, you all rock!

I also enjoy this thread! And it's interesting how it's changed. It started off being lockdown diaries, but now it's become the Covid Bulletin Board!

I also enjoy this thread! And it's interesting how it's changed. It started off being lockdown diaries, but now it's become the Covid Bulletin Board!
Mixed with a little bit of madness.
We all need that to survive I guess.
I certainly do.

Last edited:
Because it’s a very contagious respiratory Virus and what it does is spread from one person to another even if you are wearing an N95 mask (you only stop 95% of the microorganisms, that’s what the number indicates). We must not forget that these people love in the community, take public transport, have tea and lunch breaks together not necessarily wearing their visors or masks... people must not be shocked or feel sorry. Soon the numbers will grow as it’s unavoidable and somehow wanted but we want it in a controllable manner.
Edit: this thread is moving fast:confused: I was reacting to the 99 GSK staff members who tested positive but by the time I finished typing there were 3 or 4 comments :-D

Just found out that I will be returning to work on Tuesday. Working for a small opencast mine, we have been given permission to resume work, but may only sell to designated companies that assist in the repair and building of essential buildings and infrastructure. Excited to work again and earn my keep. Going to miss this stressful but very rewarding introspective time.

Day 30: Why am I awake this time of the morning?o_O But anyway I think we should release a cooking book after the lockdown.( Note to self you are sleepwalking go back to bed)
2020-04-26 02.39.39.png

Back