Lockdown diaries - COVID-19 matters!

What are you going to be doing during the lockdown?

• At home. I’m non essential

Votes: 70 41.2%
  • Working. The virus doesn’t scare me

Votes: 41 24.1%
  • On standby

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Working from home. Too essential to take any risk!

Votes: 66 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So the earth is like a cool infinity pool? maybe thats where they got the idea from :-D so where does all the water that falls off the edge go?.... on the "Flat Earth" not on the infinity pool:THINKINGTROLL:
A sceptic like you would also be the moon is made out of cheese denier then?

It's all lies. The earth is flat. @MrGSmokeFree faked the photos (look at his other photos in the "picture paints a thousand words" thread. They are all smoke and mirror pics. He conspired with his friend @Hooked to trick us into believing that the earth is round.

The moon is always the same distance from the earth.

View attachment 193680

If the Earth was flat, cats would push everything over it's edge :

I thought the best way to spend an afternoon in lockdown was to waste away on the couch watching sharter pranks on YouTube.

I was wrong. Watching sharter pranks with my 8 year old boy is the best fun I had in a very long time.

I hope all of us do realize that the last few weeks as much as the next few months we are writing an important chapter in History. A chapter that will be taught in schoolbooks for years, decades and probably centuries after our time. I’m suggesting we keep a common diary! Tell us whether you’re going to be locked in or, are you one of the lucky ones like myself who will be out to work everyday or night, while the bulk are chilling/counting days? Tell us how you’re going to fill your days up! Tell us what positive contribution you’ll be making to the society in the next few weeks. Tell us your thoughts on what is happening and what you think would happen... Just a fun idea which may turn out into a nice collective experience.

It is indeed historic @Grand Guru - and what did I do today? I had chicken soup bubbling away in the slow-cooker all day. Chicken soup for the soul - an essential part of life.

Chicken soup.jpg

It is indeed historic @Grand Guru - and what did I do today? I had chicken soup bubbling away in the slow-cooker all day. Chicken soup for the soul - an essential part of life.

View attachment 193716
The children of our children may not have the luxury to taste it and have to eat some weird stuff because their parents exhausted whatever is left of the natural resources on our flat planet... at least they'll have an idea of what it looks like :cool:

Discovered a few things today
- some people wear suits and ties while working from home and dialing in to VC's
- it's possible to "get a new one torn" remotely when you're being crapped for shit you had nothing to do with
- 3 months in and I still have no idea how to work this phones camera, so potatography it is

PSX_20200408_202826.jpg

- some people wear suits and ties while working from home and dialing in to VC's
- it's possible to "get a new one torn" remotely when you're being crapped for shit you had nothing to do with
- 3 months in and I still have no idea how to work this phones camera, so potatography it is

View attachment 193724

That’s a great photo @M.Adhir !

Another sleepless night.
It's been an average of 2 hours sleep a night for the past 10 days or so.
Hopefully it improves.
CBD hasn't done too much at this point.

Another sleepless night.
Hopefully it improves.

Been struggling with my kids as well this week.

Everybody is out of routines and stress is not help either.

View attachment 193724

But you took a great pic @M.Adhir!

Another sleepless night.
Hopefully it improves.

@M.Adhir Must be awful for you. If the insomnia is something new for you, perhaps it's because you're not tired enough (not working?) or perhaps anxiety over Corona. We might think that we're handling the situation well and I don't fret about it all day, but if I need to go to the supermarket I'm aware that yes, today is the day that I just might contract the virus.

Been struggling with my kids as well this week.

Everybody is out of routines and stress is not help either.

I@Adephi can't imagine what it's like being stuck indoors with kids all the time. I'm sure the kids are getting frustrated at not being able to go out.

@M.Adhir Must be awful for you. If the insomnia is something new for you, perhaps it's because you're not tired enough (not working?) or perhaps anxiety over Corona. We might think that we're handling the situation well and I don't fret about it all day, but if I need to go to the supermarket I'm aware that yes, today is the day that I just might contract the virus.

I usually sleep about 4 hours a night, sleep around 1 and up at 5
2 hours is a bit rough.
Workwise we are continuing remotely, fortunately most clients are available via remote connection.
I think the lack of sleep is the combo of cabin fever and the stress of the times to come, the anticipated post lockdown economic fallout as such.

10:00
Day 14 [I think]
Only went to bed 04:30 this morning after a marathon session of ''Shadow hunters'' , waiting for ''Money heist'' to complete d/loading.
All quiet outside , it's now late night that the local wildlife come out to play groups of 4/5 walking to where ?, big screaming match in the early hours [cabin fever ?] We are all still sane - 2 constantly on PC , 3 working from home , one doing homework , no guess where I fit in;)
Opened my last bottle Vabajo from VC19 , nicely matured I must say .
SAB is doing their normal ''thing''
https://ewn.co.za/2020/04/09/sab-denies-breaking-lockdown-rules-after-booze-trucks-stopped

Last edited:
Thando Kubheka | about 2 hours ago

JOHANNESBURG - Eskom said on Wednesday that it would not be able to attend to repeated power failures caused by illegal connections and vandalism of its infrastructure.

It said that doing so would not be financially viable and would only put further strain on critical resources during the national lockdown.

The power utility said that there'd been a significant rise in power supply interruptions in several communities, including Soweto.

Eskom's Motlhabane Ramashi: "Removing illegal connections and fixing bypass meters in an effort to protect the network to optimally operate to its design capability. The activity is currently suspended and that will, therefore, affect the restoration of supply in affected areas as a result of the unprecedented demand."

Was fasting
Did a veg curry and some puri (little soft round fried pieces of heaven)
Great amount of heat for the chilly weather.

PSX_20200407_181735.jpg

Last edited:
Back