MAF sensor

Xhale

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
you probably have a MAF sensor in your car...a thin platinum wire that changes resistance as it gets hot or cold...your car's computer figures out how much air is going into it based on this MAF sensor, and adjusts fuelling etc.

So...this is "vapour control" for mech mods...its not variable wattage, its not temperature control. Its a new thing.

Here are my Proof of Concept findings.

I took a tobh atty with a dual coil kanthal build that measures 0.5ohm. I then added another 0.5ohm coil of ni200 sitting in free air (this was 10 wraps of 3.5mm ID 0.2mm thick wire).
Total resistance now being 0.25ohms.
On a hypothetical full battery with no volt drop, around 70 watts.

I fired this for 5 seconds, and quickly attached my multimeter to see what the resistance was. It was a tad over 1ohm, and slowly dropped as the ni200 wire cooled down. Theory, meet practical. It does what it says on the tin.

So 1ohm would be 17watts.
Now, my mech mod outputs between 70 watts and 17 watts depending on how hard you draw on it. A long slow suck will get you 20 watts or so. A hurricane inhale with all airholes open should get you above 50watts. Vapour control..

This was doen in open air as I didnt have an atty and top cap to fit everything inside, but consider it an idea which you can run with if you want. There's more maths that can be done to pick better suited ohms values, and if I had 0.1mm ni200 (which I cant find), then we would only need 2 or 3 wraps to get a usable MAF sensor.

happy sunday!

you probably have a MAF sensor in your car...a thin platinum wire that changes resistance as it gets hot or cold...your car's computer figures out how much air is going into it based on this MAF sensor, and adjusts fuelling etc.

So...this is "vapour control" for mech mods...its not variable wattage, its not temperature control. Its a new thing.

Here are my Proof of Concept findings.

I took a tobh atty with a dual coil kanthal build that measures 0.5ohm. I then added another 0.5ohm coil of ni200 sitting in free air (this was 10 wraps of 3.5mm ID 0.2mm thick wire).
Total resistance now being 0.25ohms.
On a hypothetical full battery with no volt drop, around 70 watts.

I fired this for 5 seconds, and quickly attached my multimeter to see what the resistance was. It was a tad over 1ohm, and slowly dropped as the ni200 wire cooled down. Theory, meet practical. It does what it says on the tin.

So 1ohm would be 17watts.
Now, my mech mod outputs between 70 watts and 17 watts depending on how hard you draw on it. A long slow suck will get you 20 watts or so. A hurricane inhale with all airholes open should get you above 50watts. Vapour control..

This was doen in open air as I didnt have an atty and top cap to fit everything inside, but consider it an idea which you can run with if you want. There's more maths that can be done to pick better suited ohms values, and if I had 0.1mm ni200 (which I cant find), then we would only need 2 or 3 wraps to get a usable MAF sensor.

happy sunday!
Hi. I agree 100% with you. I also mention more or less the same in a previous post. So for a single coil setup on a mech mod you will definitely get a "colder vape" for a longer time, while firing.

Back