Mech Mods Not Firing Properly Anymore

Awesome news man, glad they are up and running again.

Perhaps it would be a good idea to create a "How to care for your mods" thread, covering caring for different types of mods made of different materials.

@johan how hot can the button or tube get normally, without worries? I got a freshly coiled Aqua on the Nemesis @0.4 ohms and I can feel its getting warm. Not hot though. And with chain vaping about 5 puffs in a row..

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9195 mit Tapatalk

But it fires properly now, every single time.

Adding to that.... I am using the purple 35A Efest battery.

@johan how hot can the button or tube get normally, without worries? I got a freshly coiled Aqua on the Nemesis @0.4 ohms and I can feel its getting warm. Not hot though. And with chain vaping about 5 puffs in a row..

Start worrying when it gets too warm to hold (>60C), just warm, not hot to the touch is normal.

@Tom - what batteries are those in there? Are you sure they are original and well rated for the coil?

Otherwise, all i can say is you will have a nice "hand warmer" for winter ;-)

Start worrying when it gets too warm to hold (>60C), just warm, not hot to the touch is normal.
Ok...I was just worried because I did not remember it getting so warm

Oh, I see you beat me to it...

If you sub-ohm then the Nemesis will get hot - I have a clone and I can't chain vape sub-ohm on it.

@Tom - what batteries are those in there? Are you sure they are original and well rated for the coil?

Otherwise, all i can say is you will have a nice "hand warmer" for winter ;-)
Its the real thing, from a reputable shop. CPA in germany is solid, there would be a real shitstorm on fakes. Here I dont have to worry about things like that :)

Its also time for a real mech mod, instead of a clone. Still waiting for the vanilla mod. I like the sunken button, it cannot fire being unlocked. Alternative is the Ignition mod, apparently even better qith regards to Volt drop. Both are Pinoy style mods, the latter is made in Germany. Both are equally priced. +/- 110 Euro

That Dampfhammer looks very solid compared to the Vanilla mod IMO - but suggest you read all the reviews on both of them first.

there is a you tuber who is quite popular in the vaping community. He reviewed both recently, and both got excellent reviews from him. apparently both hitting hard, however, the Ignition was a little bit more in his favour. But the difference is not very big. I am looking more at the Vanilla purely for the firing button being "sunken" to prevent accidental firing.

there is a you tuber who is quite popular in the vaping community. He reviewed both recently, and both got excellent reviews from him. apparently both hitting hard, however, the Ignition was a little bit more in his favour. But the difference is not very big. I am looking more at the Vanilla purely for the firing button being "sunken" to prevent accidental firing.

Tom I can't advise on any of the two, only saw it for the first time on the links you provided, but I believe both of them should be much better than the Nemesis.

both are rated as perfect matches to the Origen RDA as well, from a performance view as well as aestethics

Please keep us informed of your final choice Tom

will do, just got an answer from intaste for the status on the Vanilla....mid to end May it will be back in stock

Hijack alert!

@Tom

You seem the type who prefers spending hard cash on quality gear. May I ask why you don't have a Reo?

Hijack alert!

@Tom

You seem the type who prefers spending hard cash on quality gear. May I ask why you don't have a Reo?
I am a service technician for packaging machines, so its quite technical. I think that is the reason why I like the tube forms and the stainless steel appearance on those. I believe from the feedback of the Reonauts that it must be a great device... I just dont like box shaped gadgets.

Refarding hard cash spending on quality...yes, I generally prefer buying quality gear: If you buy cheap you will buy double...
With vaping gear the transformation to buying quality OEM gear is only starting now, and what I bought so far (Origen and Kayfun) it was worth it every cent.

Now I will start getting original mech mods, this is also fuelled now by still having issues with the Nemesis. It was fine this afternoon, but when I picked it up again 10 minutes ago its again giving hassles. So, tomorrow I will probably order the Ignition mod.

I am a service technician for packaging machines, so its quite technical. I think that is the reason why I like the tube forms and the stainless steel appearance on those. I believe from the feedback of the Reonauts that it must be a great device... I just dont like box shaped gadgets.

Refarding hard cash spending on quality...yes, I generally prefer buying quality gear: If you buy cheap you will buy double...
With vaping gear the transformation to buying quality OEM gear is only starting now, and what I bought so far (Origen and Kayfun) it was worth it every cent.

Now I will start getting original mech mods, this is also fuelled now by still having issues with the Nemesis. It was fine this afternoon, but when I picked it up again 10 minutes ago its again giving hassles. So, tomorrow I will probably order the Ignition mod.

Cool, thanks for the detailed response and best of luck with your authentic mech route. Let us know how it pays off. Many here will be interested as it's not a path often travelled at the moment. I get your point in buying double when buying cheap. In some cases buying twice when paying a tenth still works though. Considering the superior vaping experience associated with an authentic mech ... I don't know. To each his own :)

Hijack again @Tom, but seeing this is your thread. How are you finding the Aqua? Ignore, if you have reported - might not have gotten to that post yet.

So far I am enjoying it, but it's overshadowed by the issues with my mech mods.
I am having coffee atm and I am thinking to get the Enigma just now. There is a supplier about 20 km away and he has one left. Why the Enigma now? Easy...I have been keen on it for a while and I am in the Enigma Facebook group. The advice given there is outstanding, bit even better is that it comes with tech support. If one has a serious issue ypu can send it in for repairs. The peeps who did it all got it back fully serviced within a week. I think that's the way to go now.

The Enigma comes now with a 510 top cap. So it can be used with all attys. Or can be used as intended in hybrid mode for dripping.

will do, just got an answer from intaste for the status on the Vanilla....mid to end May it will be back in stock
Please keep us informed of your final choice Tom
bam...just sourced the Vanilla mod from a second hand FB group, for a really good price. Now I am all set:

Enigma Hybrid
Vanilla Mod for either Origen or Aqua
SVD with the Kayfun (my travel device)

I believe (or hope?) that this will suffice for a while. It has cost a few bucks now, but I will be all original!

edit...all original but the Aqua :eek: but i bought it cheap and its for testing purposes always good enough

its possible that I found the issue with the Nemesis (further testing required):

I replaced just now the Magnets with the original (clone) spring....and it fires so far reliably.

Anyone else having issues with the Magnets? Me thinks that they good for a smoother firing button, but not lasting. If that is the case then I will get some more....these are locally available.

Back