Mech Mods Not Firing Properly Anymore

on the King Mod I also have a "sort of solution" but its annoying:

i turn the firing button once in a while before firing....then its always doing the job. It seems that the contact becomes loose. However, my mind is set....these were the last clones for me.

Yip I've also removed the magnets from the clone Nemesis and replaced with original spring - the magnets (FT cheapies) tend to chip on the ID over time and add to the crunchiness - lube the plastic isolator inside switch and everything is smooth again.

im using my magnets from FT for about a month now and all seems fine so far

after reading your guys experiences, i might just revert back to the springs to prevent this from happening

im using my magnets from FT for about a month now and all seems fine so far

after reading your guys experiences, i might just revert back to the springs to prevent this from happening
i have been using the magnets since end of last year. got the mod from CVS, dont know how long he used it. I have used my Nemesis extensively.... so I would wait until you get issues :)

its possible that I found the issue with the Nemesis (further testing required):

I replaced just now the Magnets with the original (clone) spring....and it fires so far reliably.

Anyone else having issues with the Magnets? Me thinks that they good for a smoother firing button, but not lasting. If that is the case then I will get some more....these are locally available.

i can safely say now that this was the problem; i have used the mod since fixing it and it has not given any issues. so, peeps, keep that in mind if you are using magnets. Its nice, because its lighter to fire, but it might give you firing issues in the long run.
For me, fitting the spring again, had another benefit: I can have it standing up being unlocked. It won't fire! :rock:

thanks for that advice @Tom

one might say, i lesson well learnt

i can safely say now that this was the problem; i have used the mod since fixing it and it has not given any issues. so, peeps, keep that in mind if you are using magnets. Its nice, because its lighter to fire, but it might give you firing issues in the long run.
For me, fitting the spring again, had another benefit: I can have it standing up being unlocked. It won't fire! :rock:

Yip, I have the springs still, and it doesn't fire up in the take off position.

I am so gatvol of this Nemesis clone rubbish....it worked for a while, longer then before. It is again erratic firing....
It cannot be so complicated. I am technically minded as well. Me thinks now its the tolerances in the negative or positive pin. :banghead:??

However, the Vanilla arrives tomorrow and the Nemesis clone will disappear in the back of the drawer. There is nothing more annoying then unreliabilty.

I am so gatvol of this Nemesis clone rubbish....it worked for a while, longer then before. It is again erratic firing....
It cannot be so complicated. I am technically minded as well. Me thinks now its the tolerances in the negative or positive pin. :banghead:??

However, the Vanilla arrives tomorrow and the Nemesis clone will disappear in the back of the drawer. There is nothing more annoying then unreliabilty.

I got pretty lucky with my nemesis clone @Tom, it doesn't auto fire when unlocked, firing action is very smooth. Threads are immaculate. in fact everything about it is perfect.

So much so that I was going to buy another one last week. The HCigar Nemesis was, I thought possibly even better than mine. But damn was I wrong. The finish doesn't come close, I took two out to compare, just in case one was a dud. And believe me they were both sub par. Where do I start, crunchy fire button, hell the firing button felt like someone dunked it in beach sand.

The tubes didn't have a seamless join, I will say the threads were nice and clean though. I was prepared to overlook all of that, knowing that I could probably sort it all out with a lot of effort. Until I screwed my kayfun on. The thing fired all the time:confused: Whatever clone neme I have, it does not fire when unlocked, and it never has, since I've owned it. But these HCigar ones ..geez. That was a dealbreaker.

So the bottom line when it comes to clones, you pays your money... you takes your chances..

mine worked well up until it started 2 weeks ago. I am just fed up now, after 2 weeks of getting it to work reliably. This was my on-the-road device, but i cannot have an unreliable device on me then.

Thanks for an interesting topic. Ordered my first mec mod today.;)o_O??
Awesome, I'm sure you're gonna love it. Which one did you order btw?

Hcigar Nemesis clone with Patriot RDA :wasntme:

Got cold feet now after reading about all the firing problems :sweating:

Last edited:
Hcigar Nemesis clone with Patriot RDA :wasntme:

Got cold feet now after reading about all the firing problems :sweating:

I really hope you get a good one man :)

@vapegerm mine worked perfect all the time, about 5 month now. It failed now....but I also moved on. I bet in 5 months u will also have moved on. its the nature of it :giggle:

Lets see... I have been reading about it a bit and believe Hcigar probably makes the best clone of the Nemesis. Anyhow the firing button sounds like a simple fix should there be any problems. Wanted something basic to start off with so don't think its a bad choice for the price. Once I am confident with the whole coil building thing I am sure I will move on to other things :). It would be no fun if I jumped straight for a Reo you know.o_O
It would just shorten my adventure considerably...and what good would that be? :rofl: Baby steps for now....

Lets see... I have been reading about it a bit and believe Hcigar probably makes the best clone of the Nemesis. Anyhow the firing button sounds like a simple fix should there be any problems. Wanted something basic to start off with so don't think its a bad choice for the price. Once I am confident with the whole coil building thing I am sure I will move on to other things :). It would be no fun if I jumped straight for a Reo you know.o_O
It would just shorten my adventure considerably...and what good would that be? :rofl: Baby steps for now....
the Nemesis is a good clone. its not too bulky and good looking with almost any atty. Don't let my upset be any influence on your decision. The clones have their place in the vaping world too. I just moved on now to Original gear for the main devices. I still bought the Aqua clone 2 weeks ago....great for testing it before one dishes out 130 euro on the original ;)

@vapegerm mine worked perfect all the time, about 5 month now. It failed now....but I also moved on. I bet in 5 months u will also have moved on. its the nature of it :giggle:
forgot to mention...i bought the Nemesis second hand as well. so, the usage time vs durability vs price is good enough to me.

I think it will be ueber fun regardless mein Dampf Fuehrer :rofl:

grammar mistakes were not done on purpose - I am one of those persons who cant write good :think:

I think it will be ueber fun regardless mein Dampf Fuehrer :rofl:

grammar mistakes were not done on purpose - I am one of those persons who cant write good :think:

I also apologize bro, it's kinda like when you're looking for a new car, and then you read the car forums where they talk about all the problems people are having with that model you just ordered. In reality though most of those incidents are very isolated cases.

I love my mech mods, and I'm sure you will too, once you get to experience it first hand.

I also apologize bro, it's kinda like when you're looking for a new car, and then you read the car forums where they talk about all the problems people are having with that model you just ordered. In reality though most of those incidents are very isolated cases.

I love my mech mods, and I'm sure you will too, once you get to experience it first hand.
yip....when I buy something via amazon I will always read the reviews. But I do not care about isolated issues. Like 299 people raving and the one incident, maybe a true story, does not bother me.

20140505_170917.jpg

there is your new home after the Vanilla arrived....you gave me enough headaches :punch: next to the Rocket and Pipe Sauce juices that were rubbish.

LOL, still see the cotton balls or cotton pads from dischem in that photo @Tom

Back