Mech Mods Not Firing Properly Anymore

Tom

Vape Enthusiast
VIP
LV

Awards
I dont get it....both mechs suddenly giving problems. The firing is erratic. Even after a clean up it did not go any better. anyone got some advice?
its the King Mod and the Nemesis....both clones. Maybe there is the answer? Dont know.

Only reason I can think of (after you've cleaned), is switch mechanism, double check especially on Nemesis, the button making contact with the negative side of battery is maybe too far screwed down, also check for carbon build up on contacts (contact pin side to battery negative, positive centre pin side to battery positive and centre pin side to atty 510 connector).

Sorry to hear @Tom . On the King I sometimes have to fiddle with the 510 connector in the top cap. So screw tank on adjust pin under top cap and put together.

will strip it down again tomorrow....got it just firing on the Nemi, with my new Aqua. Cant put it down for stripping right now :)
i also think that it could be dirty contacts. got some of the red scratch wool pad (whatever the correct term is I dont know...), sort of like the dishwashing sponges

Sorry to hear @Tom . On the King I sometimes have to fiddle with the 510 connector in the top cap. So screw tank on adjust pin under top cap and put together.
thats what i check first as well. been acting up for a few days now.

Only reason I can think of (after you've cleaned), is switch mechanism, double check especially on Nemesis, the button making contact with the negative side of battery is maybe too far screwed down, also check for carbon build up on contacts (contact pin side to battery negative, positive centre pin side to battery positive and centre pin side to atty 510 connector).
i also feel the tube becoming warmer when it does not fire properly....not hot tho, just warmer then usual

I assume you have tried different atomizers? other than faulty batteries it seems strange that the problem is occurring on both mechs.

I cant see why both would give you trouble at the same time. The common denominator here is the battery. Maybe try another battery or clean the positive & negative poles of the battery.

I assume you have tried different atomizers? other than faulty batteries it seems strange that the problem is occurring on both mechs.
yeah...all attys and all batts doing it, even with my brand new purple Efest 35A batt

yeah...all attys and all batts doing it, even with my brand new purple Efest 35A batt

Then the problem has to be the connection on the mechs, have you tried stripping them down and soaking in a solvent to remove any traces of oil etc?

I just drop my nemesis into some methylated spirits for an hour, cleans them up really well.

If the tube becomes hot, its definitely bad conductivity, most probably in the switch mechanism @Tom

I cant see why both would give you trouble at the same time. The common denominator here is the battery. Maybe try another battery or clean the positive & negative poles of the battery.
I also tried to apply that logic to that....why both at the same time? but the answer may be because I use both at the same rate. I had a quick look now...there is just a liitle bit of carbon build up.

20140423_204728.jpg 20140423_204545.jpg ??

If the tube becomes hot, its definitely bad conductivity, most probably in the switch mechanism @Tom
ok...will strip one of the mods down later on, when i get back home, and feed back

take a very light abrasive (like Silvo or Brasso) and polish them up, could be the cause although I still suspect switch connections.

I had this problem, the tube of my Sentinel M16 started getting warm. Never happened before. Turns out the insulator around the positive pin on the battery side had come loose. It was a quick fix to just reinsert and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Yea mechs never really break just something comes loose

Sent from my RM-937_im_south_africa_967 using Tapatalk

hi @Tom

did you manage to sort out the issue?

Have not been able to find the time for maintenance. Will do ot later today. Cleaning it cpmpletely out ;)

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9195 mit Tapatalk

u6use3ah.jpg

So far so good...the King is behaving. I hope it stays like that. Busy now with the Nemesis.

Glad you sorted the King, hope you get the Nemesis also sorted.

Its too early still. But it looks promising after giving all components an ultrasound bath, scrubbing the contacts and thoroughly cleaning all. Maybe the mods were missing some TLC....I was just too busy at work the past few weeks. The mods just had to function :)

Rise and shine....

8ujaqydu.jpg

Back